Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Waist pockets for Jam2
Display Avatars Sort By:
Max Hoagland
(maxhoagland) - F
Waist pockets for Jam2 on 04/19/2008 22:29:12 MDT Print View

Just build some awesome waist belt pockets for my Jam2 pack. They are cool. Here is a picture:
Waist pockets

Edited by maxhoagland on 04/19/2008 22:29:57 MDT.

Jonathan Duckett
(Thunderhead) - F

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains
Re: Waist pockets for Jam2 on 04/20/2008 13:28:49 MDT Print View

Look great. More details please. I'd love to do this to my pack.

Jason Klass
(jasonklass) - F

Locale: Parker, CO
Pockets on 04/20/2008 15:44:43 MDT Print View

Hey Max,
Yes, more pics please! This really does look great! I have the older Jam and would love to get some hip-belt pockets on it. I like how you made the pockets follow the shape of the wings on the hip belt instead of just making a square or rectangular shape.

Edited by jasonklass on 04/20/2008 15:45:24 MDT.

ERIC PAYNE
(vaporjourney)

Locale: Greater Gila
re: jam2 pockets on 04/20/2008 20:43:35 MDT Print View

If you don't want to do any sewing, you could consider the ULA pockets made for the Amp or Relay. They have the same triangular shape, although I'm not sure if they fit the wings perfectly. The price is right though.

Max Hoagland
(maxhoagland) - F
Re: Re: Waist pockets for Jam2 on 04/20/2008 22:23:27 MDT Print View

Hey guys.
I made my pattern for the pockets by tracing the outline of the hip belt and adding a little more space at the tapered end to fit two Clif bars comfortably. Then I added a 1/2 inch seam allowance to the paper pattern. I then just sewed them into pouches. Then I sewed the pouches onto the hip belt. Make sure that when you are sewing the pouches onto the belt that you don't stretch the pouches out, otherwise, when the belt is stretched on your hips, you are compromising the pouch's size capacity and it will be uncomfortable on your hip (when you have things in them).

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Waist pockets for Jam2 on 04/21/2008 14:13:03 MDT Print View

An excellent modification, Max. When I first got my Pinnacle in the mail I was surprised GoLite hadn't added that feature as a standard on the packs. I feel those little pockets are one of the best features of my ULA pack.