Forum Index » GEAR » Throw away your Nalgene waterbottle!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Alex Heesch
(heescha) - F
Throw away your Nalgene waterbottle! on 04/09/2008 09:14:32 MDT Print View

There was a thing on the news this morning and everyone needs to take a look at their nalgene water bottle.

look at the bottom of it and if it has a 3,6, or 7 in the triangle...throw it away! it has been realized that bottles with those numbers have been releasing chemicals into the water that can cause very bad brain damage!

Ross Bleakney
(rossbleakney) - MLife

Locale: Cascades
We've been over this before on 04/09/2008 09:18:12 MDT Print View

If you do a little searching, you will find that we've discussed this topic many times before. Some feel it is worth the risk, others don't.

Greg Vaillancourt
(GSV45) - F

Locale: Utah
HAH! on 04/09/2008 11:36:38 MDT Print View

I laff at dain bramage!

Hash washing things beat the Nalgenes to the punch.

Max Hoagland
(maxhoagland) - F
Re: HAH! on 04/09/2008 18:28:27 MDT Print View

Are you trying to say washing your water bottles in hash is a good thing?

I've never tried that...

Alex Heesch
(heescha) - F
sorry for repeating! on 04/09/2008 21:47:31 MDT Print View

hey guys, sorry for repeating this if it has been already discussed! my mom just freaked on me this morning because she saw it on the news. just making sure no one goes brain dead!

Jason Brinkman
(jbrinkmanboi) - MLife

Locale: Idaho
Re: Throw away your Nalgene waterbottle! on 04/09/2008 22:03:20 MDT Print View

If you place a magnet in the bottom of your Nalgene, and then pour the contents into a plastic-coated aluminum Heineken can before drinking, you'll be fine! It also helps to stand on one foot and turn three counterclockwise circles while drinking.

Seriously though, you should probably throw away your Nalgene anyway, because they weigh a ton!!! The L in BPL stands for LIGHT you know!

Edited by jbrinkmanboi on 04/09/2008 23:45:43 MDT.

Matthew Robinson
(mcjhrobinson) - F

Locale: Waaay West
re: Throw away your Nalgene waterbottle! on 04/09/2008 22:11:44 MDT Print View

i never keep water in my nalgene for more than a few hours. id be more worried about the food i eat than the plastic in my nalgene. thats just me. aloha!