November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
How strong is polymesh?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Timothy Herzog
(timmyzog) - F
How strong is polymesh? on 04/08/2008 06:54:19 MDT Print View

So I have been reading all your posts and am inspired to make my own gearskin clone. I want to use my Z lite pad against my back for the main structure. I don't want it outside of the main structure of the pack though since I want it compressed with the load for added stability. To maximize ventilation and water removal I want to use the black polymesh (from Quest) as the back panel to which all of the straps would be attached. I would probably add a layer of wicking mesh on top of this. I would make a bottom panel out of heavier cordura for abrasion resistance and then have a front panel with lighter cordura or ripstop. Do you all think that this would work or would the mesh not be strong enough /too flexible/ etc?