November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
gear list up for criticism
Display Avatars Sort By:
Derek Cox
(derekcox) - F

Locale: Southeast
gear list up for criticism on 04/06/2008 17:49:25 MDT Print View

So this is an abbreviated gear list I have created that i feel like, for me, would be the best compromise of weight and comfort. feel free to share any thoughts.

Osprey atmos 50 + pack cover: ventilation and comfort of this pack makes me stay with it over much lighter frameless packs as of now. perhaps with a much lighter gear list my opinion would be changed, but im not sure i want to go to that.
GG The One: Lightest fully enclosed single person shelter that I am aware of. gotten good reviews from what i've heard so far.
WM Summerlite: I roll around too much to try for a quilt i think, but this is not much heavier and can serve summer or light winter with some added insulation clothing
Thermarest Prolite 3 R: i know its really heavy but i like it. thats all.
Inflatable pillow
Heine Pot and alcohol stove
odds and ends: toiletries, first aid, bug, tp, camera, light, etc.
montbell UL Down inner jacket
Titanium goat adjustable poles
ID eVent thru hiker jacket & Rain Pants (no experience with these but seems like a popular/good choice. input?)
OR depending on how wet/warm it is...
Montbell UL wind jacket

For more UL I have a poncho tarp and homemade meteor bivy but am still getting used to that system and am not sure whether i would rather stick with it or just carry the extra weight. same deal for pack (MLD Zip)

Edited by derekcox on 04/13/2008 21:35:19 MDT.