looking for an ul pot lifter
Display Avatars Sort By:
Troy Meadows
(LightWorker) - MLife

Locale: Sierra foothills
looking for an ul pot lifter on 04/03/2008 23:10:30 MDT Print View

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about a pot lifter for the
BPL firelite 1300 cook set
The MSR LiteLifter weights in at 1oz from MSR's site. Is there anything out there lighter? I know 1oz is hard to beat but any Ideas would be awsome.

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Probably not. on 04/04/2008 00:42:13 MDT Print View

A skeletonized aluminum potlifter is about as light as they get. I took the steel handles off my JetBoil 1.5 L. pot & use teh MSR lifter myself.

Eric

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: looking for an ul pot lifter on 04/04/2008 01:16:39 MDT Print View

I find the MSR LiteLifter pretty good myself, and use it most of the time.

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Litelifter on 04/04/2008 02:07:18 MDT Print View

For me it is the MSR litelifter, they are reliable and grip well.

pack nwcurt
(curtpeterson) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Trangia Set / LiteLifter Mods on 04/04/2008 09:19:10 MDT Print View

The lifter for the Trangia set is lighter, but very hard to find without the set. I've even tried to get one directly from Sweden with no luck. Maybe BPL could order a bunch of them?

Has anyone pared down the LiteLifter? Just curious if putting holes in the broad sides makes an appreciable weight savings.

Monty Montana
(TarasBulba) - MLife

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Re: looking for an ul pot lifter on 04/04/2008 11:46:32 MDT Print View

Hi Troy! By jumping through unimaginable hoops I did manage to score a Mini Trangia pot lifter, and It weighs in at 19 g. First I went to Trangia.SE, but couldn't find an English page. Then I went to libertymountain.com where they assured me that they had the mini lifter in stock, but what they sent was the regular MSR type lifter and claimed that was the only one Trangia makes. Finally REI happened to have one kicking around that had become separated from the kit, so they sold it to me. Basically, it resembles the mini condiment tongs found at salad bars made of one piece spring steel. Next time I'll just modify one of these, because I don't think Trangia is going to let go of theirs.
Happy trails!

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
looking for an ul pot lifter on 04/04/2008 17:38:23 MDT Print View

I use an imitation Trangia lifter bought from a "disposal" store. No holes in it, so I drilled everywhere I could, in the end I saved 5g (after some filing as well)Tot weight now about 25g
One feature I like on the MSR is the red handles, sometime I have to search for my dull aluminum ones. I see if I find some red paint.
Franco

Rob Blazoff
(Genetic) - F

Locale: Out back, brewing beer in BPA.
made of... on 04/04/2008 19:30:34 MDT Print View

I believe the official material your UL lifter is made of is

"Drillium".