Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Appalachian Trail yo yo with a SUL base weight

Display Avatars Sort By:
jim bailey
(florigen) - F - M

Locale: South East
Appalachian Trail yo yo with a SUL base weight on 03/31/2008 10:05:54 MDT Print View

Just found out that my hiking partner Brian Doble who I met at the Wilderness Trekking Course 3 in Bozeman will be yo-yo hiking the AT this seaon starting in April. Brian plans on starting from Georgia hiking to ME then head back southbound and finish where he started. His base weight for much of this trip will be with a sub five kit. If any of you BPL readers happen to run into Brian early in his hike, stare at his bright red Nike's with a look of utter disbelief, it will surely remind him of winter hikes in NH.

Best of luck Brian, you and your bright red Nikes will be missed in the Whites
Jim

Edited by florigen on 03/31/2008 10:10:24 MDT.

Jonathan Ryan
(Jkrew81) - F - M

Locale: White Mtns
Re: Appalachian Trail yo yo with a SUL base weight on 03/31/2008 10:09:54 MDT Print View

Good luck Brian, I will keep my eye out for you in the Whites...

Brian Doble
(brian79) - MLife

Locale: New England
Re: Appalachian Trail yo yo with a SUL base weigh on 03/31/2008 11:45:34 MDT Print View

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to connecting with the elusive SUL crowd out there on the trail. And I welcome anyone who wants to join me for stretch!

Brian

Joe Geib
(joegeib) - F

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys
maybe on 03/31/2008 13:18:22 MDT Print View

Let me know when you get up to PA. Of course, by that time, you'll be doing 30+ days, and I'll be lagging behind.

Jealous.

jim bailey
(florigen) - F - M

Locale: South East
Yo Yo of the AT Completed on 10/07/2008 18:56:14 MDT Print View

From reports on Brian's blog he just completed his yo yo of the AT, 100 days NOBO then 75 SOBO.

Way too go flying Brian Doble!
and welcome back

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Yo Yo of the AT Completed on 10/07/2008 21:19:33 MDT Print View

Nice work!

Andrew Wolff
(Andrew)

Locale: Chattanooga
Way to go Brian on 11/11/2008 21:46:36 MST Print View

Some Kudos to Brian from Karl Meltzer