Forum Index » GEAR » Do you use insoles inside of your boots?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Eric Falk
(zerolimit) - F
Do you use insoles inside of your boots? on 03/13/2008 11:33:37 MDT Print View

I just received a pair of roclite 390's and am very impressed with the light weight of them. They seem pretty comfortable and I think they're going to be great but I would imagine with an insole it would improve the overall feel and give a lot of cushion to each step. Do you use insoles in your boots or trail runners? What brand? Thanks for the advice. Eric

Margo Costas
(margoC) - F

Locale: Savannah Georgia
I do on 03/13/2008 16:36:18 MDT Print View

I use superfeets the blue and green ones, depending on the volume of the shoe. My feet are finally pain free!

Now I have knee problems and am supposed to get some orthotics next week. I'm kind of apprehensive because I've gotten custom orthotics 2 times in the past and they did not do what they were supposed to do in spite of the high cost.

But they say knee problems begin in the feet so I guess I'll have to get some more orthotics.

Slo Hiker
(SloHiker) - F

Locale: NC Foothills
Insoles on 03/14/2008 08:39:54 MDT Print View

I've used customs and the Superfeet brand with good success, but lately I've been using Powerstep insoles and they're very comfortable. I'm getting them on Ebay for less than $25 shipped - both the Full-Length & Pinnacle versions.

Rob Blazoff
(Genetic) - F

Locale: Out back, brewing beer in BPA.
Sole on 03/14/2008 12:42:22 MDT Print View

I've used Superfeet and I've moved on to the SOLE Dean Karnazes insoles. The insoles are going to be supportive.
Be warned: there is a slight break in period. Use them for a few hours max at first.

Eric Falk
(zerolimit) - F
great thank you on 03/14/2008 13:55:39 MDT Print View

I think I'm defitely going to give them a shot. I check out the brands everyone posted. Thanks again, Eric

Ryan Stoughton
(TxTengu) - F

Locale: Seattle
Don't forget SOLEs on 03/14/2008 14:27:39 MDT Print View

I would also reccomend checking out SOLE footbeds. You heat them in the oven and end up with a custom fit. Seriously comfortable!!

Ryan

Steve Hawkins
(Shawk) - F

Locale: Midwest
Archmolds on 03/14/2008 16:14:23 MDT Print View

I've been using Heat Moldable inserts made by Archmold...http://www.archmolds.com/

I use the Maximums in my boots. Very comfy.