MS Vista not showing New Posts
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike Barney
(eaglemb) - F

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!
MS Vista not showing New Posts on 03/11/2008 22:20:10 MDT Print View

Is anyone else seeing this problem: I'm now using Microsoft Vista, and when I click on "New Posts Since Last Visit", it sometimes says "There have been no new posts since your last visit." It's not that there are no new posts, as I can see them from another computer, or in a few minutes from this one. (Or I may have seen them a few minutes ago). Just curious.

MikeB

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Locale: Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts on 03/11/2008 22:45:00 MDT Print View

Make sure you are logged in-- check the "welcome" line at top of web page to see your login id. If you do not see your login id, you'll get this behavior.

Mike Barney
(eaglemb) - F

Logged In on 03/11/2008 23:22:29 MDT Print View

Thanks Roleigh, we're logged in.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts on 03/12/2008 07:49:18 MDT Print View

I've noticed that sometimes just clicking on "new posts since last visit" doesn't give all posts that you have not read (if you see what I mean). If I keep the bpl site open but don't use it for awhile, then click new posts, it can sometimes not show several posts that will be seen if you click "last 50 posts".

So, if you leave a window open for awhile and then click new posts, you could very well not have any new, but have several that you have not read. Does this make sense?

I'm on a G4 powerbook running OS 10.3.9 and firefox.

Edited by jshann on 03/12/2008 07:52:45 MDT.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts on 03/12/2008 09:45:17 MDT Print View

I'm on Linux and notice the same thing. I hardly ever close Firefox and sometimes when I come back to check new posts a few are left out. Checking the 'Last 50 posts' often reveals them. Seems to be the glitch isn't OS specific.

Adam

Update: Tested this out on my XP machine here at work and get the same thing (with Firefox). Maybe a Firefox issue? Anyone want to degrade themselves to IE and test it out? I feel too dirty after using IE so I'm out. :P

Edited by aroth87 on 03/12/2008 09:47:45 MDT.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Re: Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts on 03/12/2008 11:12:59 MDT Print View

I'd bet it's not any browser issue, but this forum software doing that. The new posts function probably has a time limit on it so if you leave the site open for some period of time and click new posts, you only get those new posts over the last few minutes...betcha.

Edited by jshann on 03/12/2008 11:18:00 MDT.

Mike Barney
(eaglemb) - F

Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts on 03/16/2008 09:15:13 MDT Print View

I've noticed 'most of the time' that if I click "New Posts Since Last Visit" twice with time to refresh in the middle, it usually comes up the second time...