Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Foothills Trail in March- Recommendations?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Charles Reneau
(charley289) - F

Locale: Cascades and Oregon Coast Range
Foothills Trail in March- Recommendations? on 03/07/2008 21:21:53 MST Print View

Hello,
I'm hiking the Foothills Trail from March 16-20, from West to East. It's a 76 mile trail, in the foothills of the southern Appalachians in South Carolina .
Has anyone out there walked this trail? Do you have any recommendations for the trip?
Thanks kindly,
Charley

Edited by charley289 on 03/07/2008 21:23:54 MST.

Martin Clark
(Marty_Mcfly) - F

Locale: Southeast US
Foothills Trail on 03/08/2008 21:57:23 MST Print View

I have camped in that area its incredible. March would be a good time to do it because It won't be too hot yet. It might be wet. The only resources I know of to point you to are the purebound.com website. Look under the trails section. The guy on that site billy has hiked it and is very willing to accept emails and answer any questions you may have bout the trail. I would also tell you to check out foothillstrail.org. You might be hard up to find rides to the terminii. Hope this helps.

- Marty

ERIC PAYNE
(vaporjourney) - M

Locale: Greater Gila
Re: Foothills Trail on 03/08/2008 22:04:37 MST Print View

Definitely do this hike. Although I haven't hiked that trail specifically, I have done lots of hiking in the southwestern corner of NC. Such a fantastic area. I'm thinking about thru-hiking this trail in April as a shakedown for PCT this April.

Check out www.whiteblaze.net . There is a forum there for 'other trails' where there is lots of info on the Foothills Trail. Quite a few people have hiked it, and everyone seems to have loved it. You could find out anything you needed to know.