North Face 5.4oz waterproof w/hood
Display Avatars Sort By:
Christopher Chupka
(FatTexan) - M

Locale: NTX
Thanks on 03/05/2008 18:33:23 MST Print View

Cool story Miguel and thanks for the pics of the ad.

If I had an extra $150 sitting around I'd nab that cagoule on eBay.

Phil Brown
(pbrown19)

Locale: Traverse City MI
triumph anorak on 03/06/2008 14:06:50 MST Print View

I just picked one of these bad boys up in black and its pretty sweet. I have a friend who works at a TNF store get me a badass deal on it... but now I owe him a case of beer. I don't have a scale here, but I'll weigh it this weekend when I go back home for break and post back here. It's a size large.

Frank Perkins
(fperkins)

Locale: North East
Re: triumph anorak on 03/06/2008 15:17:46 MST Print View

I just my NG Adventure magazine issue and the first 2 pages are a full page ads for the Triumph Anorak.

The website is http://triumphanorak.thenorthface.com but the link doesn't work yet.

René Jeninga
(renjen)

Locale: Near the coast in the Netherlands
Weight of the TNF Triumph? on 03/11/2008 08:34:44 MDT Print View

Has anybody weight the TNF Triumph by now???

Phil Brown
(pbrown19)

triumph weight on 03/11/2008 09:05:28 MDT Print View

I will post the weight of my size large triumph sometime on thursday. I don't have a scale here :-( It feels like its a lot less than my virga but we'll see...

Phil Brown
(pbrown19)

Weight of anorak on 03/13/2008 10:02:22 MDT Print View

My size large triumph weighed in at 5.8 oz. I'm going to remove the tags, hem cord and hood cord later on and weigh it again. This thing feels a lot sturdier than I thought it would for such a low weight. I can't wait to test it in the shower :-)

Phil

René Jeninga
(renjen)

Weight of anorak on 03/14/2008 02:34:35 MDT Print View

5.8oz in size large that is light! thanks for the info! i'm going to try out TNF Triumph anorak for my self.

Frank Perkins
(fperkins)

Re: Weight of anorak on 03/14/2008 06:46:51 MDT Print View

I have never considered North Face a SUL company. How is it that they can come out with a seemingly impossible sub 6 ounce rain shell? Before the anorak, options were OR zealot or SD Isotope or "ready to fall apart" driducks. Some of us were actually scouting old Patagonia Specter's on ebay as well.

P S
(petesull)
North Face on 03/14/2008 19:22:52 MDT Print View

North Face really cleared out a lot of their repetitive, fashion jackets this Spring. It looks like they are focused a bit more on making efficient products rather than designs they can slap a North Face emblem on...perhaps remembering what got them to where they are.

René Jeninga
(renjen)

North Face on 03/15/2008 03:48:23 MDT Print View

TNF is since last year into endurance running, so for there flight series they are designing realy lightweight clothing like the Triumph anorak en the Hydrogen windjacket. P.s there is a first look of the Triumph anorak on www.outdoorsmagic.com

David Lewis
(davidlewis) - MLife

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: North Face on 03/15/2008 13:25:45 MDT Print View

Same weight as my O2 Rain Shield (aka Dri Ducks) for a REAL jacket?! Wow. Crazy. Probably not as breathable as the 3M material... but still... Wow!

Thank god for adventure racing... because as noted above... that (certainly not backpacking) is what's bringing a few good ultralight products into the mainstream.

Frank Perkins
(fperkins)

Re: triumph anorak any new updates? on 05/26/2009 10:10:41 MDT Print View

So any more updates on this jacket? It sounds like the lightest jacket you can buy without going down the throwaway category of driducks.

Phil Brown
(pbrown19)

jacket on 05/26/2009 12:41:06 MDT Print View

Mine has held up fine for over a year now. It is sturdy for the weight, I've even used it through a fair bit of bushwhacking in Arkansas and it is good as new. Breathability could be a little better, but I can't complain.

Frank Perkins
(fperkins)

Re: Re: triumph anorak any new updates? on 05/26/2009 18:31:02 MDT Print View

why isn't there more chatter about this jacket? It's as ground breaking as the neoair (and as pricey!)

I'm surpised there hasn't been a bpl review

Adrian B
(adrianb) - MLife

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand
litespeed h20 on 05/26/2009 19:31:58 MDT Print View

How about Montane's litespeed H20? It's listed as 5oz, lighter still.

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Re: Re: triumph anorak any new updates? on 05/26/2009 21:38:41 MDT Print View

I have the original DIAD, mine weighs in size Medium at 6.1 oz slightly modded. It comes with me on almost every true adventure and has been thrashed. It's coming with me for 2800 more miles starting June 12th too.

Full zip and mini pit zips compared to the Triumph, otherwise I bet they're the same.

Johann Burkard
(johannb) - F

Locale: Europe
Re: litespeed h20 on 05/27/2009 06:19:15 MDT Print View

How about Montane's litespeed H20? It's listed as 5oz, lighter still.

I wore that one yesterday evening, we had an ugly rainstorm in München. My arms were totally dry but since there's no hood, my head wasn't. :-)

So the water-proofness is fine for spring/summer conditions in Europe, but the breathability isn't very good.

It might work well if you're not sweating a lot.

René Jeninga
(renjen)

Montane Litespeed H2O on 05/27/2009 08:00:08 MDT Print View

From the Montane website:
Lite-Speed H2O Jacket
The world’s lightest weight hooded waterproof multi-activity jacket.

The Lite-Speed H2O is a very lightweight, simple, moderately waterproof and breathable jacket for active outdoor sports. Weighing in at less than the average eating apple at 135g, having a roll-away hood and 3M Scotchlite™ flashes it’s ideal for aerobic outdoor sports in inclement weather night or day.

The Montane Litespeed H2O has got a hood! So johann you confuse this jacket with the Montane Featherlite H2O jacket?!

Edited by renjen on 05/28/2009 02:34:55 MDT.

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Re: Montane Litespeed H2O on 05/27/2009 08:22:31 MDT Print View

> The Lite-Speed H2O is a very lightweight, simple, moderately waterproof and breathable jacket

Hmmmmm.

I was very lucky and because I live close to the UK crux wholesaler I picked up a pre production Event jacket which was made with a lighter nylon face fabric than the weight they chose for the production model. Still weighs 15oz though.

For me, a waterproof has to be waterproof. Moderately waterproof won't do.

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Other options on 05/27/2009 09:05:17 MDT Print View

It is a bit heavier but the Marmot Essence and Marmot Micra are both wp/b jackets with hoods that weigh under 7oz and claim great breathabitity ratings.