Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
bug: Problem following links from "last 50 posts"
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jaiden .
(jaiden) - F
bug: Problem following links from "last 50 posts" on 02/27/2008 09:05:47 MST Print View

When I view the last 50 posts, in the right column there is the list of the forum in which the post was created. If you click on the forum name, it's supposed to take you there, but lately this has been broken. The link is like this example:
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?id=5yqNhUTA:**MYIPADDRESS**?forum=18
Where **MYIPADDRESS** replaces my real IP (that is, the url has my ip in it, but I removed it for this post)
It will then say "The specified forum no longer exists or never existed."

Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Link broken on 02/27/2008 20:33:45 MST Print View

I can't replicate this. Can you please try again? You can always drop me a line in the support issue interface, and we can dialogue directly.
Thanks!
Addie

Jaiden .
(jaiden) - F
Re: Link broken on 02/28/2008 15:14:39 MST Print View

I'm not sure what the "support issue interface" is exactly. But yes, I can replicate the issue every time, from multiple locations. I use firefox, perhaps this is significant?

peter kvamme
(karacolor) - F

Locale: midwest
same problem on 03/04/2008 20:46:13 MST Print View

I am having the same issue. Some days it works, some days it does not.
I also am a firefox user, and a Mac user for what its worth.

To restate the problem, when clicking on a category from the "last 50 posts" page, an error page comes up saying "
The specified forum no longer exists or never existed."
This is the link I get when I try to click on the MYOG category from the 50 last posts page
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?id=BCS6w24S:69.92.231.32?forum=38

Ben Klocek
(benklocek) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area
Re: bug: Problem following links from "last 50 posts" on 03/12/2008 11:13:25 MDT Print View

Fixed.

Jaiden .
(jaiden) - F
Re: Re: bug: Problem following links from "last 50 posts" on 03/12/2008 14:13:01 MDT Print View

thanks!