Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Who's going to the PCT trail fest?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Greyson Howard
(Greyhound)

Locale: Sierra Nevada
Who's going to the PCT trail fest? on 02/17/2008 16:10:02 MST Print View

This year's trail fest is in Sacramento.

Trail fest

I don't know what gear companies/vendors will be their but the UL world was represented when I went two years ago in Riverside.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
. on 02/20/2008 17:16:47 MST Print View

Edited by DaveT on 11/19/2014 22:38:54 MST.

Colleen Clemens
(tarbubble) - F

Locale: dirtville, CA
nope on 02/21/2008 15:20:45 MST Print View

i'll have to wait 'til it comes back here again. i was at the Riverside fest back in '06. did you see the lady carrying a baby around in a sling? that was me.

going to the kickoff?

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Who's going to the PCT trail fest? on 02/21/2008 15:36:15 MST Print View

I was a vendor last year when it was in Seattle and thought about it this year, but the cost of travel is a big killer.

In the end I decided to be a corporate sponsor of our local WTA (Washington Trails Association) Trails Fest in the summer - becuase my sponsorship $$ goes to the trails...my travel costs to CA wouldn't. WTA does most of the trail work in Washington State, so it directly affects the PCT :-)

Greyson Howard
(Greyhound)

Locale: Sierra Nevada
Re: nope on 02/24/2008 17:18:23 MST Print View

No, no kickoff this year, although I did that in 2006 as well, just to start learning about the PCT.

Honestly, between the two events in 2006, the kickoff is cooler, but pretty generally doesn't move around the west to within 1 hour of where I live, like trail fest.

I'm hoping to go to trail fest as a reporter this year and come away with a story - I'm a reporter in Truckee, so I am lucky enough to have at least a piece of the PCT in my coverage area.