Not only have I tried flushing the filter from both inlet and outlet, but I've even read the directions again, carefully.
The directions included with my filter indicate that there is an inlet and an outlet but the directions do not specify from which "let" to flush; in or out.
1) Remove the white rubber primer bulb.
2) Securely attach large opening of white rubber primer bulb over your water faucet pushing the bulb up as far as it will go.
3) Take the removable filter and push its threaded shank onto the small available opening of the primer bulb securely.
4) Turn cold water on SLOWLY, using medium water pressure, until water is flowing out of the filter. Allow water to run for approximately 1 minute to thoroughly flush filter prior to initial use of system.
5) Replace removable filter into the inline system and use.
6) Store white rubber primer for future use.
It appears on my instruction sheet that the text of step 2 runs off the edge of the page slightly, after the word "faucet". Could the answer reside there?
Do I have a defective filter? Anyone else had this problem?