WTB Single Pole
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Kays
(johnk) - M

Locale: SoCal
WTB Single Pole on 02/08/2008 09:39:21 MST Print View

Looking for an adjustable lightweight pole to use for a Tarptent and a tarp. If someone has a single, surviving pole from an old set that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable sum, please contact me.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Single poles on 02/08/2008 14:14:33 MST Print View

There are a lot of Polish girls in Seattle I could introduce you to, but few of them are what I would consider light weight :)

Seriously, if you get by REI at all, check the "garage sale" area-- they have single poles quite often.

John Carter
(jcarter1)

re: Single Poles on 02/08/2008 14:52:01 MST Print View

Low, Dale, just low. Absolutely hilarious, but low. =)

...picking myself up of the floor from laughing so hard...

John Kays
(johnk) - M

Single, Surviving Poles on 02/08/2008 14:59:56 MST Print View

Dale, the next time you are in Chicago, stop and take a look around, it’ll give an altogether different outlook on single, Polish girls. In the meantime I’ll call REI, and if you would, please, keep an eye peeled in the thrift stores up there for a “single pole.” You are authorized to spend $5.00 on my behalf and I’ll foot the shipping. As a caution against the vice squad, let me add to the specifications, aluminum, titanium or carbon fibre.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Single, Surviving Poles on 02/08/2008 18:49:38 MST Print View

It was a cheap shot, which I rarely miss an opportunity to take :)

I have never seen trekking poles in a thrift store or a yard sales for that matter, and I look too. Ski poles galore. I will be in the REI store sometime in the next week and I'll take a peak. I would guestimate $20 for a decent pole at the REI gear garage.

You will find them on a regular basis on eBay.

For squeaky cheap and new, Target sells them in singles.

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
Re: Re: Single, Surviving Poles on 02/08/2008 19:27:04 MST Print View

"For squeaky cheap and new, Target sells them in singles."

Those eddie-baurer jobbies are pricey for what they are ($20 a piece), the ones at Wal-Mart (Swiss Gear Brand) are pretty bullet-proof (if not UL, they're still rather light) and only run $9-10 a piece.

Edited by jdmitch on 02/08/2008 19:33:20 MST.

Drew Davis
(drewnc2005) - F

Locale: Hillsborough, NC
Re: WTB Single Pole on 02/08/2008 19:43:56 MST Print View

I've got a single pole. It's a Komperdell Titanal from a couple years back. I must have left the other one at a trailhead somewhere. PM me and we'll see if we can't work something out.

jasiek kowalski
(krakus) - F
WALMART !!!! on 02/08/2008 20:15:47 MST Print View

i am agree with Joshua,Wal-mart would be way to go (below $ 10 )Dick's sells same one, twice that price!!!!not a lightest ever but i love my....after all brand new,no S&H.... that's one of very few items from Wal-mart that works for me,(not only as tent pole)

John Kays
(johnk) - M

Single, surviving pole on 02/08/2008 20:43:09 MST Print View

Dale, Joshual, Drew and Jasiek,

Thanks all for your kind help. Drew, I have sent a PM.