Forum Index » GEAR » Wiggys sleepingbags

Display Avatars Sort By:
Anders Bentsen
(andben) - M

Locale: Oppdal
Wiggys sleepingbags on 12/12/2007 08:06:05 MST Print View

Hi!
Have anybody used Wiggys sleepingbags?
Ok, they aren't light but what about the warmth? Quality and so on.

Anders

james w glenn
(bark-eater) - F
I have some of his poncho liners on 12/12/2007 09:39:26 MST Print View

cheap, warm,and well made, but heavy. The insulation is supposed to hold its loft and be machine washable. Ive pondered using one for a hamock underblanket. Also considered removing the quilting to increase loft and stuffability. As is they make nice GIjoe comforters. Ive thought about getting one of his overbags to put over a down bag for winter camping. As i remember he has a wide range of sizes avalible, which is nice if you are a big person or want to wear more cloths in the bag.

Edited by bark-eater on 12/12/2007 09:42:17 MST.

Greg Vaillancourt
(GSV45) - F

Locale: Utah
I use mine for car camping on 12/13/2007 20:53:23 MST Print View

I don't think the warmth is sufficient to merit the weight and bulk for backpacking.

They are durable and roomy but the hood doesn't seal well. The insulation is stiff and the drawstrings dig into your face when you crank them down enough to get a seal.

Mine is the Superlight 0 degree bag. My Marmot Helium and WM Kodiak are both warmer. There is no draft collar and this is a problem in a bag rated for 0 degrees IMHO. Fans of the Wiggy bags talk about their ability to handle moisture. I've not had an experience to confirm the moisture handling but I believe it.

The shells are very breathable but they don't resist wind very well when sleeping outside of a tent.

Hope this helps

Anders Bentsen
(andben) - M

Locale: Oppdal
Wiggys sleepingbags on 12/14/2007 00:36:18 MST Print View

I think I stay clear of Wiggys then. I'm used to down-bags so I continue with that. Thanks for the comments.

Anders