Forum Index » Gear Swap » 6 gram SUL Esbit Heiny Stove

Display Avatars Sort By:
Douglas McCoy
(dmccoy) - F

Locale: Spokane Wa
6 gram SUL Esbit Heiny Stove on 11/12/2007 21:52:09 MST Print View

Just in time for the holidays. I have made a limited run of these stoves, they were designed to fit inside of the Heiny/Foster's pot but will work as a regular stove as well. I used one on my Wa PCT section hike and on several other hikes as well and it is still going strong !!! Even though they have a "home made" look to them. I did spend numerous hours getting the shape and design just right in order to maximize the Esbit fuel efficiency and out put.

I have a certified PayPal account and will ship in the CONUS, outside of CONUS will have to make special arrangements but am willing to ship.

Contact info:dmccoy805@msn.com

PRICE:$9.00 + S&H (should be around $1.50-$2.00)
Weight:6grams

Heiny Stove

Used w/SP 600

Edited by dmccoy on 11/12/2007 22:11:22 MST.

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
re: 6gm SUL Heine....specs? on 11/13/2007 09:16:53 MST Print View

Do you have any specs for boil times in the Heine? / SP700?

Douglas McCoy
(dmccoy) - F

Boil times on 11/13/2007 19:00:36 MST Print View

Heiny: APX 20.00 min w/total burn of 28.00
SP/600: APX 16.00min w/total burn of 23.00

Boil criteria:
2 cups (16 oz) of tap water at 70F (21C) in kitchen with no wind screen at an elevation of 2300 FT (701 m). Time was started when the corner of Esbit tab was lit and burning, the pot was then imediatly placed directly on stove and timer started. Three tests were performed for each pot and then the average was figured out for each pot, which is the figures you see above.

Not the fastest stove but extremely efficiant, which means even less fuel carried, and Esbit is pretty efficient as it is. I average boiling about 3 cups (24oz) of water a day on my trips and I use about 0.7 oz of esbit fuel which equates to about 1.25 tablets a day.

Besides does it really matter how long it takes you to boil water when your out in the wilderness and out there to relax any way. Let time go, we can worry about that when we get back to the hustl and bustle of life known as corperate society.

Hope this helps

Douglas McCoy
(dmccoy) - F

BUMP PRICE on 11/24/2007 20:08:58 MST Print View

PRICE BUMP

$7.00 + S & H