BPL Community Profile

John Wozniak (woz9683) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me John Wozniak has not added a biography yet.
CityJackson
StateMS
My PDF Gear ListWinter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Wozniak

Showing 1 - 10 of 27 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

Outdoor Gear
I don't really agree with this on the grounds that branding like what is discussed is much more pervasive throughout the clothing industry than the writer suggests. Yes, these garments are tech...

In GEAR » Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear
December 13, 9:41am

Slope
Tad, Find a site with a more obvious slope. Then you'll know for sure, no measuring needed :)

In Philosophy & Technique » How to tell which way the tent floor is sloped on a level site?
November 22, 3:34pm

Wallet
Jason, Got my wallet a couple of weeks ago. Very happy with it. I agree with Konrad's review. Great packaging, quick service, and a very nice product. I'd like to add that so far it look...

In Gear Deals » *** Wa-ben (Cuben Wallet) free shipping ***
November 22, 3:11pm

High Intensity
I'm a big proponent of the high intensity intervals. My favorite are short, all out sprints on the bike. Might be good for you, since you already mentioned cycling as something you've been ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 05, 12:42pm

Wool T
I'm 5'11" 155lb. and I really like the Stoic merino Ts in Medium. Plenty of length to stay tucked in, form-fitting but not tight, and really soft. You can find pretty great deals on th...

In GEAR » Looking for a fitted merino T-shirt
November 04, 3:57pm

Smokies Gear
That looks pretty good. I just checked doing that same thing with just the bottom half of the sleeve they sent with the cone. It actually slides into the pot perfectly. A little heavier (1.4oz) tha...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 09, 10:34am

Smokies Gear
The sock might work, I guess it won't tear up the wool too fast. The sidewinder design seems less efficient to me. The sides of the pot are more exposed. Especially in cold weather where the...

October 08, 2:26pm

Smokies Gear List
Thanks Alex, I was following that one. I think I like the idea of the MYOG wader actually. I'm going to see if I can put together something similar for use on this trip. I made a bunch of ch...

October 08, 8:53am

Homemade Waders
Ike, those Frogg Toggs waders are 1lb. 15oz. so, pretty substantial. Even cut down to just the legs they'd probably weigh closer to 1lb. Personally, I like your idea of something homemade b...

In GEAR » Backcountry footwear for the other three seasons
October 06, 7:54am

Smokies Gear
That's a really good point, I hadn't thought about having a spot to air the bag out on the second half of the trip, even if the weather's not cooperating. I had thought about droppin...

October 05, 9:06pm

All Reader Reviews by John Wozniak

John Wozniak has posted no reviews.