Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rutherford Platt (tunaboy999) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Rutherford Platt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDown to Freezing Gear List for the Rockies and AT

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rutherford Platt

Showing 1 - 10 of 72 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Best trek for fabulous food
I'd love to take a backpacking trip with a cultural rather than wilderness focus, perhaps in Europe or Southeast Asia. I picture a route that periodically descends into small villages with n...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best trek for fabulous food
October 15, 9:19am

Use of bivy with solo TT outer
Has anyone tried to use a lightweight bivy inside of a a solo TT outer (Moment, Notch, SS fly) in winter? Would this give similar benefits to the solid inner? It seems like that would be a grea...

In GEAR » Tell me about TT solid inners
September 10, 8:31am

but can't you just pitch low?
Don't the Notch and SS shelters have a 'storm pitch' where the fly goes right to the ground? If so, it doesn't seem like the solid inner would have much an advantage over the mesh ...

September 07, 1:43pm

Tell me about TT solid inners
It seems like the solid inners sold with the TT Moment and Notch would probably be great for blowing snow or sand. Do they add much warmth when the wind is not blowing? Are there any other condi...

September 05, 2:30pm

question
Hi All -- I'd love to join a MD/PA/WV trip if I can. Would the 13th be a hiking day or would everyone just meet in the PM? I could skip work on the 14th but probably couldn't leave u...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northeast trip -- November 13-16, 2014
September 04, 8:18pm

The Wind RIver High/Low Route
In August 2014, we attempted the Wind River High Route, an 80+ mile alpine traverse of the Wind River Range of Wyoming, described by Alan Dixon and Don Wilson (http://www.adventurealan.com/WRHR/). ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Wind RIver Low Route
September 04, 4:56pm

wrhr
The Wind River High/Low Route Krishna Dayanidhi and Rud Platt In August 2014, we attempted the Wind River High Route, an 80+ mile alpine traverse of the Wind River Range of Wyoming, described...

In User Test Forum » wrhr
September 04, 4:00pm

Stratospire 1 is now 36 oz?
It looks like the SS1 is now listed at 36 instead of 33 oz on the TT website. Have there been any changes to the design that added weight?

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire 1 specs?
September 03, 10:48am

WTB: Tarptent Notch
Let me know if you have one to sell. RVP

In Gear Swap » WTB: Tarptent Notch
September 01, 5:14pm

Walk up permits in Yosemite, July
Following Paul W's suggestions, I tried to find the Rush Creek Trailhead and Elizabeth Lake Trailhead (to access Nelson Lake) but they appear not to be on the list of reserveable trailheads (se...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Walk up permits in Yosemite, July
May 16, 8:42am

All Reader Reviews by Rutherford Platt

Rutherford Platt has posted no reviews.