Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Armstrong (strong806) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Near the AT
About Me Going light one new piece of gear at a time.
My PDF Gear ListOHT March '08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Armstrong

Showing 1 - 10 of 109 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

re:
I would say probably 15 mpd. 5-6 days would be hiking, 3 or 4 or transit and acclimatizing (seeing that I am at sea level). Thanks for the recommendation, I'll do some looking.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good Colorado September trip?
July 23, 5:49pm

Good Colorado September trip?
I have time off in mid-September and a flight credit on Frontier. Any recommendations for an area to do 5-6 day trip that is accessible from Denver, preferably without renting a car (not a deal bre...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good Colorado September trip?
July 23, 5:04pm

BOA Lacing System Trail Runners
After searching online I could not really find any store or company that has a size 13 BOA shoe, either Vasque, North Face or Scarpa in stock. Is anyone still actively making these kind of BOA laci...

In GEAR » BOA Lacing System Trail Runners
January 30, 5:54pm

Re; ground sheet
I would agree with the others that with good site selection and policing for rocks and sticks the bath tub floor on my TT Contrail holds up just fine. That being said, I have tried both Tyvek that ...

In GEAR » Help buying ground sheet
January 29, 4:06pm

Re: water proof
I have not hiked in sustained rain with them, but they have kept me decently dry during afternoon showers.

In GEAR » Rain pants advice - Montane Minimus?
January 27, 8:05pm

Re: Circuit
Looking at the Circuit (39 ounces) versus the Large Flash 50 at 36 ounces, you get 18 liters more for only a 3 ounce penalty (0 ounces if you remove accessories), but almost $100 more in price. ...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 First Impressions
January 27, 6:57pm

Re; Rain Pants
Take a look at the Sierra Designs Microlight pants for 6.4 ounces (Large) with built in stuff sack. They are pretty substantial for the weight and I have not had any durability problems. I use thes...

In GEAR » Rain pants advice - Montane Minimus?
January 27, 3:20pm

WTB: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Small
Thanks

In Gear Swap » WTB: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Small
January 27, 3:01pm

WTB: 20-35 degree Quilt
I have a GoLite Ultra 20 regular length and am looking for a similar quilt. I am 6 feet tall. I'd like to stay in the 18-24 ounce range.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 20-35 degree Quilt
January 27, 2:58pm

Re: fit
Thanks I'll look at the Boreas. She is 5'9" and I am 6 feet, so I think we might be able to get one that would usable by both of us. The reason I want it to fit me is that I anti...

In GEAR » Time for a new pack (after a 4 year hiatus)
January 27, 11:24am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Armstrong

Stuart Armstrong has posted no reviews.