Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Platt (jeremy089786) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sydney
About Me Jeremy Platt has not added a biography yet.
StateN.S.W
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/TransScooters
My PDF Gear ListNZ lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Platt

Showing 1 - 10 of 284 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Nice find!
Nice work again Daryl! Just one little thing to keep in mind though, these are probably pultruded and are unidirectional so only have fibers running in the one direction (lengthwise). As carbon ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Flat Carbon Rods
April 13, 9:31pm

Nice!
That thing is awesome, nice work!

In Gear Deals » titanium spatula
March 02, 4:15pm

carbon rope
It seems that indeed carbon isn't great for line or rope. I just found this on a sailing site: "Carbon Fiber: First described in 1968, carbon fiber exhibits very high tensile strengths...

In Make Your Own Gear » Spectra, dacron, kevlar line discussion
February 19, 3:38am

Kite lines
Thanks for the link Daryl, interesting reading. Out of interest, what are the most important features for kite line? Tensile strength (TS)? If that is the case, wouldn't carbon fiber tow or...

In Make Your Own Gear » Spectra, dacron, kevlar line discussion
February 17, 7:57pm

hot glue gun?
Nylon does not stick to much (why I use it for some of my molds), but I have read somewhere that hot glue guns can work well (and are also very cheap, quick and even fun to use). Alternatively, you...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gluing foam to nylon
January 05, 5:55pm

Nice
That is a cool looking project, thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Some other good resources for 3d diyers: Makexyz.com - cheaper and more local than shapeways (...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3d printed quite cap?
December 25, 8:12am

NIce!
That is a seriously impressive tent! I got halfway to building something like this (before other projects took precedence), but yours looks to have a better design, (by finishing the alu poles at t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Freestanding winter/summit tent
December 08, 6:40am

Good at -10C
I have used them while ski touring in the Zebralight H600 with good results. At -10C the light was still super bright however unfortunately I cannot comment on longevity as after a couple of mulled...

In GEAR » Rechargeable Li-Ion 18650 batteries in cold weather
November 13, 3:56am

Nice!
Great work David, that looks awesome! I reckon you could sell them to hipster kids on etsy.com for about $100 a pop ha! I'm sure with a little bit of silicone seam sealer and some bits of spare...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 3.4 oz $6 pack that didn't break!
October 23, 7:17am

Positives
And here are some positive uses for drones on or near the trail: Mapping the Matterhorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs2C_wXQ_lM Dropping you some medical equipment: http://www.medgadget.c...

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
October 19, 8:06am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Platt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Excellent service: very fast to reply, happy to talk about modifications/ deals and makes a great product. Who could want more?

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 06, 9:56pm

zpacks Company
This one is short and sweet but Joe is a pleasure to deal with. He replied quickly to my emails, got my order in on time and is happy to discuss idea. I would highly recommend zpacks to everyone.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 17, 5:41am

GossamerGear Mariposa
I have had this pack for a couple of months now and I do really like it but I find for me it has just too many little problems to justify giving it a 5. I will start with some good points - it is supe...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 17, 5:30am