Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Pikovsky (gosha007) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Hampshire White Mountains
About Me Windsurfer, mountaineer, hiker, nectarine addict.

Principal and Creative Director at Piko Design. We are a branding and user experience design studio.

www.pikovsky.org
www.twitter.com/designtimes
CityBoston
StateMA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.pikovsky.org
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Pikovsky

Showing 1 - 10 of 159 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Presies
I'll be doing the Presidential Trail this weekend and camping below treeline around Mt. Washington. Will post the camp shots later on.

In Winter Hiking » North Easterners, please report on your frigid winter camping
February 27, 6:44pm

The Real Test
Richard, Kenneth and others – I very much appreciate the test you are doing to these jackets. I did my own simple real-life test I have the Exlight and the Ghost Whisperer and took them both o...

In GEAR » Montbell Ex Light Anorak- A Contrarian View
February 26, 9:48pm

USA
If someone finds their store online in US, please let us know.

In GEAR » New superlight crampons company
February 24, 7:09pm

Belt
not sure about the belt, mine just came with the packaging boxes. These things really do work well.

February 24, 12:55pm

Mikrospikes weight
@Mike M - you say 3.5oz is half the weight of MikroSpikes. That would make Mikros at 7oz per pair. is that really so? I thought they are about 12-13oz per large.

February 24, 9:09am

Traction
Ok, they cab be called traction devices, sure. What remains important is I was able to hike up a consuderable winter slope with just rhem on. Everyone was using crampons on the slope. Weight is ...

February 24, 7:03am

New SUL crampons company
Veriga from Slovenia, as seen in this year's OR show. Just took their 4 tooth full fit crampons to New Hampshire's Presidential Range mountains. 3.5oz for a pair. Fully stable, decent tr...

February 23, 7:54pm

Abela
John Abela just answered your question today: http://hikelighter.com/2015/02/18/wind-jackets-montbell-tachyon-patagonia-houdini-zpacks-wind-shell/

In GEAR » Montbell Tachyon Anorak CFM
February 18, 3:11pm

How do you organize your gear?
Box towers, under the bed gear, labels - please share all the tricks you got to store and find your gear. Please also post pictures.

In GEAR » How do you organize your gear?
February 13, 6:36pm

The weight you you hope for versus the weight you take
How many of you have spreadsheets with ounces devoted for different seasons, but when just about to leave to take a few of those extra things which ultimately really increase the weight of your bac...

In GEAR » But the way you you hope for versus the weight you take
February 13, 10:29am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Pikovsky

Gary Pikovsky has posted no reviews.