Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 1 - 10 of 121 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Cat cuts in silnylon and cuben
"I think cat cuts were a byproduct of working with stretchy silnylon. The first time I saw cat cuts was on some of Henry Shires tents (which are almost exclusively sil). So if I were buying...

In GEAR » ATTN: CatCut Tarp Users
April 10, 12:06pm

Re: survey
Doneski! Really looking forward to another GGG, I had a blast at the last one I went to at Coe.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG #8 Planning Survey
April 09, 10:33am

Cat Cut tarps
I prefer cat cut tarps vs. flat tarps. You do have less pitching options with a cat cut, but I've never felt I really needed multiple configurations. All I need is height adjustment to adjust a...

In GEAR » ATTN: CatCut Tarp Users
April 09, 10:22am

Re: re: MLD solo XL inner inside Cricket tarp
I did ask Ron, but MLD is closed until 4/9. So in the meantime I figured I'd ask if anyone here had insight or experience with this setup. :)

In GEAR » MLD solo XL inner inside Cricket tarp?
April 07, 1:45pm

MLD solo XL inner inside Cricket tarp?
I'm curious if the MLD Solo XL Inner net will fit under a Cricket tarp? Has anyone tried this? On paper it seems like it should work, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks in advance f...

In GEAR » MLD solo XL inner inside Cricket tarp?
April 07, 1:37pm

Re: Great Idea!
^I would LOVE to see some of your watercolor sketches! And I too think this is neat idea. I often take a small (4x6) notebook to write and sketch in. Usually I just write short notes about the t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Journals and Sketchbooks
April 03, 12:32pm

Re: re: I want to vote!
Lol, thanks Larry. Everyone else was making it sound so easy, I figured that might be the case...Or I was missing something *really* obvious. Since that is the case, GOOD LUCK! I would love to s...

In Chaff » My Survivorman Contest Entry
April 02, 2:03pm

New S2S pads vs UL7 LW
If you're only trying to shave weight, I'd say keep the UL7 LW. Super comfy, worth the extra few ounces IMO. I've personally had a few failures of Exped pads, so I sleep on a NeoAir XTh...

In GEAR » Sea to Summit UL sleeping pad???
April 02, 12:08pm

I want to vote!
...But I can't figure out how. I feel old. ;) Can someone spell it out for me, real simple-like? Cheers

In Chaff » My Survivorman Contest Entry
April 02, 11:52am

Good read
Thanks for (re)posting that, Craig. I'd never seen it before. I definitely fall into RJ's camp of preferring to share backpacking trips, and the experiences therein, with others. I love ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Solo.
April 02, 11:42am

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.