Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListPecos Wilderness Late May 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 1 - 10 of 2064 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...207

Forum » Thread

Richard, Is there any way to tell if a jacket has C8 vs. C6 DWR without a scientific test? I already have issues with the short life of DWR's and I don't want it to be any worse. You h...

In GEAR » MEC Outathere Jacket 165 grams
October 03, 8:46pm

Re: Re: How to backpack in lightning? (Central Florida)
"Personally, I do short backpacking trips in the South year-round, but come vacation time, I'm headed West to drier air, better kept trails, less challenging weather conditions, and more a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to backpack in lightning? (Central Florida)
October 02, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Re: "Got a new SPOT Gen 3"
"1. The normal InReach will bluetooth to your cell phone and you can use the Earthmate software to get GPS coords. This might be useful if you have a smartphone without a GPS receiver. Otherwi...

In GEAR » Got a new SPOT Gen 3
September 28, 6:07pm

Re: "Got a new SPOT Gen 3"
Does anyone know when (or if) they are coming out with an updated version of the inReach? I would like to have one that is a better GPS unit. I have never used a GPS, but if I am going to get that...

In GEAR » Got a new SPOT Gen 3
September 25, 8:53pm

Re: It's still there
"Patagonia Houdini is just like Epic. " Unless something has changed recently, I don't think that is the case. I think the Houdini is typical nylon with a DWR treatment.

In GEAR » Fabric with native water and wind repellency?
September 23, 6:24pm

Re: Fabrics
Full Dyneema (or Specta) would be vastly superior to just about any fabric in existence when it comes to cut and abrasion resistance. It is however not waterproof unless laminated to a waterproof ...

In GEAR » HMG 150D Longevity
September 22, 12:27pm

Re: Seel Outside
Derrick- not to derail the thread but that sounds like an epic trip. I hope you post a TR and Pics. I think you will like the frame and am interested to see what you think about it at those l...

September 22, 7:36am

Re: 150D v. Dyneema
If you got 4k miles out of the 50d you are doing really well. You got your money's worth As that's a lot of walking. The Dyneema is by far the most durable pack material but overkill fo...

September 21, 12:53pm

Re: Peak Pants
I don't mind taking my shoes off to put them on and off as I am used to that with the Golite Reeds. Is the fabric different or just the features/fit? The old fabric was supposed to be sim...

In GEAR » Rain Pants
September 18, 9:22pm

Re: Bump
I miss the BPL Calendar.

In Content Solicitations » Dates to Celebrate?
September 18, 4:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.