Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brett . (Brett1234) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale CA
About Me Brett . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list 10'C

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett .

Showing 1 - 10 of 1437 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...144

Forum » Thread

100% merino tops and bottoms, $25
http://www.botachtactical.com/woel10mewoba1.html not all sizes available

In Gear Deals » 100% merino tops and bottoms, $25
July 16, 12:48am

"Mt. Fuji"
Jim, I've climbed Fuji 4 times (I live in Japan). My recommendation to your son is to make it an over-night (hiking) trip. That way he can wait at the top and see the sunrise at about 0430. Th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Mt. Fuji
July 02, 12:41am

"SUL Gear List"
SUL means different things to different people of course. How can you guarantee the weather will be clear and 60? And that you will not get lost (no compass), and you will not be injured (no 1st ai...

In Gear Lists » SUL Gear List
July 01, 4:16am

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian- 2nd failure out of 2
I will be returning my Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian to REI this week. I recently experienced the second failure of the water resistant zippers GG chose for this pack. These zippers are composed...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian- 2nd failure out of 2
August 15, 8:52am

Mike, difference is the arms
Mike, the Japan L and Western M are very close, the arms on the Western sizes are about 2" longer. Chest is very close. Im 5'10" and wear the US L or Jpn L.

In GEAR » Down jacket in sleeping system
July 12, 12:14am

"Keeping Biting Flies Away?"
Ben, Just last weekend I was swarmed with hundreds of small files on a day trip. They did not bite; I think they wanted salt or something.. and they landed in eyes, nostrils, ears, mouth, anywhere...

In GEAR » Keeping Biting Flies Away?
July 07, 5:56am

"Injinji Socks"- any 5 toed non cotton
I'm also converted. Any non-cotton 5 toe sock works well for me. Ive tried synthetic, silk, and wool. Synthetic lasts the longest; the others only a few days.

In GEAR » Injinji Socks
July 07, 5:53am

"Converted to Ultralight Gear, Need Shoes to Match" Inov-8
Nathanial, Inov-8 lead the way IMO. I have 2 pair. Just don't expect 800 grams of support or durability from a 400 gram shoe. The 390 boots are more like a waterproof hi-top sneaker with good ...

In GEAR » Converted to Ultralight Gear, Need Shoes to Match
July 02, 3:52am

"can a airtight VB prevent convective heat loss?"
Huzefa, the reason is, it would be miserable to wear such an air-tight down suit while exercising.

In GEAR » can a airtight VB prevent convective heat loss?
June 27, 10:05am

"GoLite Ion for 39.99"
No indication if those are S, M, or L. I inquired. Good price.

In Gear Deals » GoLite Ion for 39.99
June 26, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Brett .

Showing 31 - 32 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
This stove failed the simmer test. The valve slowly creeps open from the low setting to a higher one. Confirmed by a rep. in the store. My Snowpeak lantern uses the same part number valve (checked the...

In Stoves - Canister
November 20, 7:19pm

Brunton Watchband Compass Model 9068
Ryan, David, I had a similar bad experinece with the Suunto Comet. I wrote a long email to their custommer service dept. explaining bearing friction, viscous damping, etc.. and how to fix the compass...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
November 08, 1:49am