BPL Community Profile

Brett . (Brett1234) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale CA
About Me Brett . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list 10'C

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett .

Showing 1 - 10 of 1437 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...144

Forum » Thread

100% merino tops and bottoms, $25
http://www.botachtactical.com/woel10mewoba1.html not all sizes available

In Gear Deals » 100% merino tops and bottoms, $25
July 16, 12:48am

"Mt. Fuji"
Jim, I've climbed Fuji 4 times (I live in Japan). My recommendation to your son is to make it an over-night (hiking) trip. That way he can wait at the top and see the sunrise at about 0430. Th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Mt. Fuji
July 02, 12:41am

"SUL Gear List"
SUL means different things to different people of course. How can you guarantee the weather will be clear and 60? And that you will not get lost (no compass), and you will not be injured (no 1st ai...

In Gear Lists » SUL Gear List
July 01, 4:16am

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian- 2nd failure out of 2
I will be returning my Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian to REI this week. I recently experienced the second failure of the water resistant zippers GG chose for this pack. These zippers are composed...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian- 2nd failure out of 2
August 15, 8:52am

Mike, difference is the arms
Mike, the Japan L and Western M are very close, the arms on the Western sizes are about 2" longer. Chest is very close. Im 5'10" and wear the US L or Jpn L.

In GEAR » Down jacket in sleeping system
July 12, 12:14am

"Keeping Biting Flies Away?"
Ben, Just last weekend I was swarmed with hundreds of small files on a day trip. They did not bite; I think they wanted salt or something.. and they landed in eyes, nostrils, ears, mouth, anywhere...

In GEAR » Keeping Biting Flies Away?
July 07, 5:56am

"Injinji Socks"- any 5 toed non cotton
I'm also converted. Any non-cotton 5 toe sock works well for me. Ive tried synthetic, silk, and wool. Synthetic lasts the longest; the others only a few days.

In GEAR » Injinji Socks
July 07, 5:53am

"Converted to Ultralight Gear, Need Shoes to Match" Inov-8
Nathanial, Inov-8 lead the way IMO. I have 2 pair. Just don't expect 800 grams of support or durability from a 400 gram shoe. The 390 boots are more like a waterproof hi-top sneaker with good ...

In GEAR » Converted to Ultralight Gear, Need Shoes to Match
July 02, 3:52am

"can a airtight VB prevent convective heat loss?"
Huzefa, the reason is, it would be miserable to wear such an air-tight down suit while exercising.

In GEAR » can a airtight VB prevent convective heat loss?
June 27, 10:05am

"GoLite Ion for 39.99"
No indication if those are S, M, or L. I inquired. Good price.

In Gear Deals » GoLite Ion for 39.99
June 26, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Brett .

Showing 21 - 30 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Comanies (Customer Service) Snow Peak
My Gigapower stove valve was creeping open during normal use. Emailed the service center in Clakamas,OR and was told 'send it in'. Sent it by certified mail and got delivery confirmation. Sinc...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 09, 12:15am

REI UL Flash
If you dont have an "SUL" pack yet, and want to try the concept, this $25 pack from REI is a great start. Use a sit pad as the 'frame' and back pad. When I'm carrying more than ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 08, 6:29am

Superfeet Performance Green
I agree with James. I use the green ones in my dress shoes 5 days a week for a little more arch support, but IME choosing good hiking boots (eg. Montrails) and trail shoes (eg. Inov-8) carefully with ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 08, 6:18am

The Mountaineers Mountaineering: Freedom Of The Hills
I own the latest edition, and it was a revelation to read. I wish I had known about it years ago. If any book can claim to describe the standard operating procedures for mountaineering, this is it, ac...

In Books and Media
February 08, 2:20am

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
The temperature rating of this bag is right on IMO; I use it with a wool 1 layer, and various mats depending on ground temperature. If I'm in doubt about how much bag Ill need; I take this one; th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 05, 11:34am

Marmot Ion
2nd Edit: After numerous inspections by BPL members I believe the consensus is this is coated nylon, not uncoated pertex. For erroneous technical description of the product, resulting in what is basic...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 03, 9:21am

Mont Bell
I could describe numerous positive experiences with MontBell, but one example comes to mind first. I was deciding which sleeping bag(s) would comprise my sleeping system, and I bought a total of four ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 24, 10:07am

Platypus Platy Reservoir
I purchased the 2L version of the reservoir, and the optional drinking tube. When I filled the reservoir and inverted it, it immediately leaked at the location where the diamond shaped plastic insert ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
December 18, 11:34pm

REI Quarterdome
I own four tents, but when Im not sure what the conditions will be, I take the quarter dome. I wish it were lighter, but there are few lighter alternatives meeting its specifications. Its heaviness gi...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
December 11, 11:30pm

Montbell Zelt
The Monbtell (MB) Ultralight Zelt is a simple single wall tent weighing 240 grams. The manufacturer's pole set is another 240 grams, but the owner could use trekking poles instead. I purchased the Zel...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 20, 8:03pm