BPL Community Profile

Stephen Nelson (stephenn6289) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me I am 18 years old an an avid hiker who just recently converted to the ultralight way of thinking. I hate that I live about 8 hours away from my favorite national park-Great Smoky Mountains National park. I love backpacking with my friends and family and am looking forward to what the future may bring.
CityOcala
StateFlorida
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.xanga.com/stephenn6289
My PDF Gear ListAT in June

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Nelson

Showing 1 - 10 of 112 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Appalachian Trail section covering GA, NC, & TN
These are all from my early June Appalachian Trail Trip with my friends. It was my first truly ultralight trip. We averaged 18+ miles a day along the AT. I carried an average of about 12 lbs. We hi...

In Photo Gallery » Appalachian Trail section covering GA, NC, & TN
June 09, 3:11pm

begeek

In User Test Forum » begeek
June 09, 3:04pm

BPL pack liner
I recently purchased the BPL pack liners. I put it in my pack and it fit all my gear nicely, but it seems awkward to get a good seal at the top. What have you found that works best, especially when...

In GEAR » BPL pack liner
May 22, 8:28pm

enjoying backpacking
I first decided to go light in order to enjoy backpacking more. I hated the burden of heavy loads that were unnecessary. In your journey toward going light, what single change made the entire exper...

In Philosophy & Technique » enjoying backpacking
May 19, 7:51pm

Re: Jacks R Better Quilts
I have a JRB stealth. I haven't field tested it yet, but I did try it out on 40 degree night in my back yard. It was fine, no problem at all. Sometimes I have to "fluff" it like putti...

In GEAR » Jacks R Better Quilts
May 15, 4:44pm

Re: Re: RE: lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
John, I think elite#2 and heineken has that beat at about 1.7 oz

In GEAR » lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
May 06, 6:12am

thanks again
All very helpful techniques. I really like Jason's setup, but It isn't as simple or light as the elite and my heineken. I'm sold on it it nathan. Minibulldesigns responded back again an...

May 05, 8:08pm

Re: Re: RE: lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
nathan:I like your idea and it looks good, but I wonder have you actually tried doing this with the heineken? I e-mailed mininbulldesign as follows >I was checking out some of your products a...

May 05, 2:29pm

lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
I have fooled around with esbit a little, but I really like the benefits of alcohol. What is the lighest setup for an alcohol stove. I would also like to use a heineken beer can for my pot. So I am...

May 05, 12:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AT in June
thanks again for you input, all things to consider. also, I may go with my smart wool socks for sleeping.

In Gear Lists » AT in June
April 28, 11:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Nelson

Showing 11 - 17 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
very good meal and easy to prepare. I got all the mountain house pro-packs and this one may have been my favorite ones of them all. beef stroganof was probably number 1

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 25, 12:00pm

Mountain House Potatoes wand Beef with Onions
Not the best meal that I have ever had, but it is balanced. the potatos just done rehydrate well, everything else was fine.

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 25, 11:58am

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I read this book over the summer. It was directly after an agonizing 100 mile trek with a 50+ lb pack. I loved what it said and how it directly compared traditional gear and ultralight gear. It is exc...

In Books and Media
January 24, 8:18pm

Backcountry.com

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 24, 4:04pm

Gossamer Gear
I ordered fromthem at noon and my order shipped by 5. That was impressive. I have also ordered several other times and they have been very fast, reliable, and true to the weight of their products. The...

January 24, 4:02pm

C and C Outdoors
I ordered a poncho/tarp on Dec. 21, 2006 and still have not recieved it yet. They are good at telling stories. We'll see if the last one holds up. They don't respond to e-mails, I'd call t...

January 24, 3:59pm

GoLite Jam2
This is the best all round pack I could find. After testing it, I find it to be the perfect balance of weight, durability, comfort, and size. At 19 oz (after my modifications of straps and such) it is...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 24, 3:48pm