BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

Torn Meniscus
I've had both my knees done, one about 12 years back and the other about 8 years ago. I've never been able to compress them completely since my surgery (squats) but that's not really b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Torn Meniscus
July 31, 8:02pm

Temperature Range...
Tony - I’m glad I could provide a minor diversion from the stresses of work... I know that one well. I don't know the exact temperatures but I'm pretty sure that the day time high woul...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park
July 31, 12:48am

Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park
Vancouver Island (British Columbia, Canada) is well known for coastal trails such as the West Coast Trail, Cape Scott, North Coast and the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail. What isn't so well known ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park
July 30, 2:40am

Water Bottle Holder...
I use a .5 litre loop top Nalgene and just close the loop around the shoulder strap of my pack and let it slide to the bottom of the shoulder strap. It's easy to reach and the .5 litre size do...

In GEAR » Water bottle holder??
July 28, 10:08pm

Suspension vs Weight...
I'm going to assume that you meant you will carry the same base weight and are wondering whether the size/style/weight of the pack makes any difference. I find a compact backpack is more c...

In GEAR » suspension vs weight
July 24, 12:54am

Thermawrap...
I have an XL Thermawrap (with pockets) and it weighs 10.3 oz. It fits fairly long on a 22" torso.

In GEAR » Thermarest vs Micropuff
July 21, 3:37pm

Spreading the word...
I don't talk about my pack weight unless somebody asks and I find that rarely happens. I think most people assume that I'm a long distance day hiker because they usually don't comment ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Are You Spreading the UL Gospel?
July 21, 1:02am

Deet...
I just returned from a 4 day backpacking trip where the black flies and mosquitoes were extremely bad. I used Deet (30%) out of desperation even though Deet tends to make me feel ill (seems everyb...

In GEAR » Insect repellent - what do you use?
July 21, 12:41am

Short Pads
I'm 6 feet tall and a four foot pad still supports my knees when I'm on my side which seems to be the key. If my knees were off the end it would probably be uncomfortable. A couple of thi...

In GEAR » short thick pads
July 19, 10:37am

iPhone GPS...
Thanks for the review John, it sounds like they are getting closer! Does the iphone save (and display) tracks? This is probably the most important feature that I look for in a GPS (next to sign...

In GEAR » iPhone 3G GPS mini-review
July 17, 10:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm