BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

Spreading the word...
I don't talk about my pack weight unless somebody asks and I find that rarely happens. I think most people assume that I'm a long distance day hiker because they usually don't comment ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Are You Spreading the UL Gospel?
July 21, 1:02am

Deet...
I just returned from a 4 day backpacking trip where the black flies and mosquitoes were extremely bad. I used Deet (30%) out of desperation even though Deet tends to make me feel ill (seems everyb...

In GEAR » Insect repellent - what do you use?
July 21, 12:41am

Short Pads
I'm 6 feet tall and a four foot pad still supports my knees when I'm on my side which seems to be the key. If my knees were off the end it would probably be uncomfortable. A couple of thi...

In GEAR » short thick pads
July 19, 10:37am

iPhone GPS...
Thanks for the review John, it sounds like they are getting closer! Does the iphone save (and display) tracks? This is probably the most important feature that I look for in a GPS (next to sign...

In GEAR » iPhone 3G GPS mini-review
July 17, 10:37pm

Re: What kind of pot, mug or kettle do you use?
I use the Snow Peak Ti mini-solo. The pot holds a small can of gas and my stove and the 10 oz. cup stores perfectly over the bottom of the pot, so it doesn't take up any additional space. The...

In GEAR » What kind of pot, mug or kettle do you use?
July 09, 6:15pm

Water Treatment...
>>Finally, on water treatment. Other than the section from Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite, I plan to generally drink untreated water.<< James - I would suggest at the very least carryi...

In Gear Lists » Trying to lighten- proposed 16 pound gear list
July 06, 9:20pm

non-mapping GPS...
Garmin makes the Etrex H which is a non-mapping, high sensitivity GPS. Probably the best value you will find. The only thing I can say about the non-mapping GPS is it is less expensive (mainly ...

In GEAR » Has anyone switched back to a non-mapping GPS?
July 04, 11:00pm

Colorado Screen Capture...
Did a quick check on a GPS forum and the answer seems to be: "press and hold the right soft key when you get to a screen you want to save. The screen shots get saved in [drive]:\Garmin\scrn...

In GEAR » Garmin Colorado 400t Handheld Color Mapping GPS - REVIEW
July 04, 2:02pm

xImage...
This is one of Garmin's best kept secrets. For some reason they make it hard to find on their site. It's a great little tool that allows you to take screen shots from your GPS as well as ...

In GEAR » Garmin Colorado 400t Handheld Color Mapping GPS - REVIEW
July 04, 1:51pm

Bear Bag...
I use an OR Helium Sack. Same design as the one you are using but half the weight.

In GEAR » Bear bag - what sack are you using?
July 01, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm