Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1522 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...153

Forum » Thread

Being a responsible dog owner and backpacker - Dog training books/sites and advice.
" . . . but I wish to be a responsible and respectful hiker as well and promote a good experience for the two of us as well as anyone we come across." Sorry I don't have any advice...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Being a responsible dog owner and backpacker - Dog training books/sites and advice.
September 05, 10:51pm

Suggestions for light, puffy layer for a bigger guy
Just saw this while wasting time online: Merrell Guise Primaloft. Available in 2XL but no idea how many grams of insulation in the jacket. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/merrell-guise-prima...

In GEAR » Suggestions for light, puffy layer for a bigger guy
September 05, 9:43pm

Re: PCT Trail Days
I did make it over to Trail Days on Saturday morning. The main manufacturer-vendors were ZPacks, Six Moons Designs, MSR, Black Diamond and Granite Gear. From Portland, both Next Adventure and Mount...

In GEAR » ZPacks has a new pack and shelter...
September 05, 1:19pm

Suggestions for light, puffy layer for a bigger guy
Have you looked at First Ascent (Eddie Bauer's mountaineering line)? The Men's Downlight Sweater comes in Regular and Tall, up to XXL. There's also 25% off now through Sept 5 (tomorr...

In GEAR » Suggestions for light, puffy layer for a bigger guy
September 04, 3:52pm

I want to cut the Silnylon floor out of my MLD Bug Bivy
Stop the madness!!!! : ) It's ok to carry 7 oz for a bivy and groundsheet.

In Make Your Own Gear » I want to cut the Silnylon floor out of my MLD Bug Bivy
September 04, 10:08am

Re: Re: Solitude on the Wonderland Trail
Thanks for the TR, Diana. Those of us in the PNW are definitely lucky to have this park in our area. Sounds like you got a unique experience in a place that normally sees a lot more use in the s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solitude on the Wonderland Trail
September 02, 9:08pm

Yet Another Shelter Selection Thread
Kieran, Dale's comments are good about the kinds of weather you are likely to see in the PNW. My opinion is that a single-wall shelter is fine but should be sized big even for one person, ta...

In GEAR » Yet Another Shelter Selection Thread
September 02, 6:16pm

Multiday in Washington
Josh, I'm going to look at my calendar and see what I can come up with. Backpacking-wise, this summer has been a bit of a bust, so I'm really ready to get out. However, school is starti...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Multiday in Washington
September 01, 11:53pm

Women's specific pack suggestions
Granite Gear makes women's specific packs, usually designated with "Ki". Worth looking into as well. Good luck!

In GEAR » Women's specific pack suggestions
August 30, 11:06pm

Solo Wilderness Security
"While unfortunately violence can happen to anyone at anytime all you can do is be as street wise as you can and cross your fingers. No amount of firepower can make up for bad decisions and ba...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.