Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1473 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...148

Forum » Thread

Adjustable pyramid tent pole
Elliot, Could you elaborate a little more? Did you buy multiple sections of .742" diameter poles? Your comment about the various styles of adjustable poles seem to be about poles where one ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adjustable pyramid tent pole
July 21, 6:41pm

Critter Can
That would not work as a bear canister. It might work as a rodent/small mammal deterrent, especially paired with an OpSak. However, you would still have to take whatever precautions you personal...

In GEAR » Critter Can
July 21, 5:42pm

Water Came Fast and Furious and Guaranteed a Tragic End to Crossers
Very tragic video and an equally sad situation in Yosemite. Even though I live in the PNW now (water, water everywhere), the only time I was in a flash flood situation was at Slickrock Creek ne...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water Came Fast and Furious and Guaranteed a Tragic End to Crossers
July 21, 10:20am

Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
Another +1 for the Ramparts. I think with your need for an in-between size, your best bet would be get somewhere you can try on before you buy. But -- if they work for you, the Ramparts are great. ...

In GEAR » Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
July 20, 12:41pm

First solo trip
All good advice here already. I make a short list of relevant things like TH name & where the car will be parked, phone number & name of the NF, NP or whatever govt agency is in charge o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First solo trip
July 17, 2:23pm

New to Washington State
Welcome to the PNW! Don't be discouraged (too much) by our weather this year. This is an unusual year with very high snowpack and wet weather. Our prime backpacking season is usually a littl...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New to Washington State
July 17, 12:51pm

2 mil & Fresh Scent!
I don't think it's a good idea to have scented pack liners. Even if it doesn't smell to you after airing it out, I suspect there are a few snouts/noses that will still be able to smell ...

In GEAR » 2 mil & Fresh Scent!
July 15, 10:37pm

GoTubb mini storage cases
Saw these at a store today: http://www.humangear.com/GoTubb.html 0.2 oz for one of the small ones which are a little deeper than some cases with flip-up lids. I think that whatever (like a po...

In GEAR » GoTubb mini storage cases
July 15, 7:33pm

Colorado Alpine 3-Season and Summer (almost SUL)
Good list! It's hard to find anything to change. Btw, I certainly wouldn't worry about the pack; there is no prize for getting under "SUL".

In Gear Lists » Colorado Alpine 3-Season and Summer (almost SUL)
July 14, 6:52pm

Smartphones on a Thru-hike
Another option IF one didn't want to pay for a mobile plan would be to carry a newer-model iTouch that has a camera. The two things you would lose, compared to an iPhone, would be the ability t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Smartphones on a Thru-hike
July 14, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.