BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1431 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...144

Forum » Thread

Backpacking light........and tight?
Franco: Which part is hard to see? ; )

In Chaff » Backpacking light........and tight?
June 14, 11:02pm

Re: Need help selecting outer wear for the JMT
What about this combination: Marmot Ion Windshirt (hike in this breathable windshirt when cold+ windy) MB UL Inner Down Jacket (for camp and if needed to supplement sleep system) Buy a Driduck...

In GEAR » Need help selecting outer wear for the JMT
June 14, 7:28pm

Intended for experienced tarp campers
Aaron's advice is good with the cheap tarp to see if you really want such a small tarp, but if you want something in the middle, don't forget something like an ID Siltarp or Oware siltarps....

In GEAR » "Intended for experienced tarp campers"
June 14, 7:20pm

Another trip ideas thread: Western US 5-7 days in September
September in the PNW is still very nice, although the last few years it's seems hard to predict the weather with the patterns we've been having. SeaTac airport is the PNW's largest and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another trip ideas thread: Western US 5-7 days in September
June 14, 2:44pm

PNW/North Cascades Help
@ Dirk: sounds like we're talking about the same area, or at least some overlap. Really beautiful area. One of my favorite loops in ONP starts up the road from Brinnon, has about 5+ miles of ni...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 10:07pm

PNW/North Cascades Help
I guess I'd look at a loop option, so you don't have to factor in transportation to another TH. Stehekin is loooong way from the Mt. Baker area, by boat on Lake Chelan. Others can maybe...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 6:33pm

Runners spend night in Columbia Gorge, walk out next day
I always read these kind of news stories b/c as a reminder of how fast things can change in the wilderness; this TH is about 1 hour from Portland. http://www.katu.com/news/local/123765029.html

In Chaff » Runners spend night in Columbia Gorge, walk out next day
June 13, 5:31pm

Carrying Extra Water, What Container Do You Use
I usually carry a 2L platypus empty inside the pack (for camp) and two 1L water bottles from any store, although I like the Smartwater ones that are narrow and tall and seem to fit in side mesh poc...

In GEAR » Carrying Extra Water, What Container Do You Use
June 12, 11:49am

Lightest energy bar high in calories and fiber?
I like Earnest Eats Almond Trail Mix bars (at Fred Meyers in the NW): 210 cal / 1.94 oz / 16% daily fiber http://www.earnesteats.com/our-foods/bars.php Low on calories for what you are loo...

In GEAR » Lightest energy bar high in calories and fiber?
June 11, 8:50pm

Anyone tried Cycling 'arm warmers' for hiking?
DeFeet also makes good wool arm warmers and Pearl Izumi makes Sun Sleeves for sun protection. Both can be paired with a wool t-shirt (depending on weather) for a really versatile clothing system. ...

In GEAR » Anyone tried Cycling 'arm warmers' for hiking?
June 11, 6:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.