Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1564 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...157

Forum » Thread

Netting option for Trailstar Shelter?
@Ceph I would guess that what's in the picture is a PyraNet 2 or 3, just from the fact that more than one person can sleep in it. The PyraNet 1 should only be on one side of the center pole...

In GEAR » Netting option for Trailstar Shelter?
October 11, 11:10pm

Antelope vs. Biker: and we thought bears were bad . . .
Pretty amazing video, certainly a rare animal encounter. http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/30571/amazing+footage+shows+mountain+biker+ambushed+by+african+antelope/

In On the Web » Antelope vs. Biker: and we thought bears were bad . . .
October 10, 9:04pm

Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
@John: I'm pretty sure I'm in for the trip, and if I do make the drive down, I'll be bringing my Trailstar.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
October 09, 7:38pm

MLD TrailStar Plus?
I would guess the .74 cuben. It'll be interesting to see what the final weight is.

In GEAR » MLD TrailStar Plus?
October 09, 7:33pm

MLD Trailstar. The most versatile shelter?
I'm wondering why MLD's Speedmid doesn't come up more often in these forums. Now, MLD's own description of that mid states that it isn't as effective for serious wind and storms...

In GEAR » MLD Trailstar. The most versatile shelter?
October 09, 11:26am

Flu?
Hope you feel better, Nick. I have elementary school age kids and there have already been kids sick this year with flu-like symptoms. And once it starts in the schools, it doesn't take long ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Flu?
October 08, 11:49pm

Netting option for Trailstar Shelter?
"I guess the problem comes in when you try to add a fixed pitch bugnet to a completely versatile and variable pitched shelter like the Trailstar. It can be done, and it works, but sometimes it...

In GEAR » Netting option for Trailstar Shelter?
October 08, 11:47pm

One night haul in Shenadoah, VA
"My gear is getting lighter, but getting there has been an iterative process, and some key gear we haven't replaced yet, like a lightweight stove." Thanks for the mini-TR, sounds l...

In Post-Trip Reports » One night haul in Shenadoah, VA -- first solo since knee surgery
October 06, 12:37pm

hikelight.com
Hikelight.com (and therefore Steve :) ) is in the Portland, OR area. He was very kind to let me stop by his house once to purchase something. We talked for a bit and he really is a very nice guy.

In GEAR » hikelight.com
October 05, 6:53pm

Re: Re: Left at home
"Getting woke up by a bear scared the crap out of me a lot more then getting some gear wet." Seems like that's a really good way to have wet gear (at least one's pants)!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Gear left at home
October 03, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.