Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1515 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...152

Forum » Thread

Multiday in Washington
Josh, I'm going to look at my calendar and see what I can come up with. Backpacking-wise, this summer has been a bit of a bust, so I'm really ready to get out. However, school is starti...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Multiday in Washington
September 01, 11:53pm

Women's specific pack suggestions
Granite Gear makes women's specific packs, usually designated with "Ki". Worth looking into as well. Good luck!

In GEAR » Women's specific pack suggestions
August 30, 11:06pm

Solo Wilderness Security
"While unfortunately violence can happen to anyone at anytime all you can do is be as street wise as you can and cross your fingers. No amount of firepower can make up for bad decisions and ba...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 10:29pm

New and need advice on a shelter
If I could get a MSR Carbon Reflex 1 in the $200s, I think I would buy it. You can always sell it later or keep it as an expensive car camping tent, but it gets you hiking still inside a comfort zo...

In GEAR » New and need advice on a shelter.
August 30, 10:21pm

Cuben v.s. silnylon durability
Joe from ZPacks used a prototype/one-off of the Hexamid (with the netting floor, not a cuben floor) on his thru-hike of the CDT. My understanding is that the shelter lasted through that hike and wa...

In GEAR » Cuben v.s. silnylon durability
August 30, 10:09pm

New and need advice on a shelter.
Don't worry too much about settling on one shelter right away. It is difficult to narrow down shelter options to a single "do-it-all" shelter, especially when one is transitioning to ...

In GEAR » New and need advice on a shelter.
August 30, 1:18pm

PCT Complete
An amazing accomplishment! Will you ever be able to eat Hamburger Helper again? edit: would love to hear more about your gear/food/water purification: what worked and what didn't when yo...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Complete
August 29, 10:45pm

Re: Tarping 101
I've never used a Sildome but I've always like the design, where you can pitch it and roll back half of it. I think I would almost always start with this pitch in decent weather, and use wi...

In GEAR » Tarping 101
August 29, 7:57pm

Another death in Yellowstone attributed to a grizzly
Sorry if this was already posted: http://news.yahoo.com/michigan-man-killed-grizzly-yellowstone-161707907.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another death in Yellowstone attributed to a grizzly
August 29, 11:37am

How many packs do you own?
4 here: MLD Exodus MLD Burn Granite Gear Vapor Trail Black Diamond RPM (daypack)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many packs do you own?
August 25, 10:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.