BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me To paraphrase Pulp Fiction- I'm a dyneema grid man. Are you a dyneema grid man, Jimmy?
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1220 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...122

Forum » Thread

Pecos, New Mexico
Nice write up on a nice place, and sometimes there's snow into Memorial Day in the Pecos. Can't ask for a better refuel stop than Santa Fe. Looks like the trip was just in time since li...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mistaken for Strangers
September 06, 4:32pm

Seam sealing a Tarp Tent in an apartment
If you have a clear space, just tie off the ends to furniture to get it taut. Open windows and fans will take care of any fumes. Did mine indoors as my yard is rocks and cactus - wasn't an is...

In GEAR » Seam sealing a Tarp Tent in an apartment
August 31, 7:07pm

Shotgun?
@Ernie - Shotgun? Might as well be really prepared then. Bring a pistol too for close-in work, cleaning kits for both, and wear your body armor/helmet constantly (as it simply won't do if the ...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 31, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Zooms ... Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
....I hiked a couple seasons in Nike ACG Air somethingorother .... @ Rick: Nike Air Tallac Zooms. Great lightweight boot and they were tough to find from the get-go. Bought a pair and wo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
August 31, 10:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: How come I see water disinfectant but not filtration in gear lists?
Weight but after a filter shattered while I was using it, disinfecting is my primary method, Luckily my buddies let me use their filters on the trip my filter went kaput but after that, I will car...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How come I see water disinfectant but not filtration in gear lists?
August 31, 9:48am

Expiration date on hiking?
Read a trip report on another forum on a recent retiree not completing a dream trip due to physical ailment despite top-notch lightweight (though not UL) gear. Similarly, I've personally seen ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Expiration date on hiking?
August 30, 11:28am

Re: Re: Camelbak Elixir
@Rick, IIRC the Elixir is designed to come out of hydration bladders relatively easily since there's no sugar.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Drink mixes for hot weather
August 30, 11:20am

Re: Re: Invisible hand is the other force
We as humans are designed to breed - and breed often.. Don't forget human collective behavior can be measured in economics (the "invisible hand" as per Adam Smith). In agricultura...

In Chaff » Where do you draw the line and how do you get your point across?
August 29, 8:55pm

Re: wind
What about bear and pepper sprays in the wind? .Black bears (specifically) I have run into have been pretty silent in the forest, and have usually crossed my path from thick brush with barely a sou...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 29, 3:15pm

Re: no answer
.....I personally don't take well when a clueless busy body attacks me, touting some regulation that may or may not make sense in a particular case. If they want to have a conversation with me ...

In Chaff » Where do you draw the line and how do you get your point across?
August 29, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.