BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt vs. snow-stuff in the Rockies ... decisions, decisions
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1226 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: What use is a big, center mesh pocket on your pack to you?
Carry my Chacos on summer trips where there may be some swimming. hot springs, etc..

In GEAR » What use is a big, center mesh pocket on your pack to you?
September 09, 12:20pm

Feedback
The "military personal folder", p38 can opener, and web belt makes me think this came from an old Army packing list, at least partially, although the rations do not make sense (unless car...

In Gear Lists » Feedback on this pack
September 09, 9:46am

Re: Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
Use some cord to tie off to large rocks, etc..., though the method above can work fine if the branch is right-sized, and the rock is movable yet heavy enough to provide a stable anchor.

In GEAR » Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
September 08, 11:08am

Re: Girls are in the Gila
It's rare, though I've seen girls/young women out on the trail in groups of approximately 10 or so. I've met a number of female-led parties of girls/young women backpacking in the Gila...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Any other moms out there that take their kids backpacking?
September 08, 10:35am

Re: DON'T BUY PATAGONIA STUFF NEW UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED IT
Patagonia makes most of their gear good enough to reuse and this theme has been on their website for a couple years. Good for them to team up with eBay. Some of their clothing has been in use ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » DON'T BUY PATAGONIA STUFF NEW UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED IT
September 08, 10:26am

Re: Colorado Trail Thru TR
Reading your TR, sounds like a dream trip most of us would aspire to. Thanks for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » Colorado Trail Thru TR
September 07, 9:02pm

Pecos, New Mexico
Nice write up on a nice place, and sometimes there's snow into Memorial Day in the Pecos. Can't ask for a better refuel stop than Santa Fe. Looks like the trip was just in time since li...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mistaken for Strangers
September 06, 4:32pm

Seam sealing a Tarp Tent in an apartment
If you have a clear space, just tie off the ends to furniture to get it taut. Open windows and fans will take care of any fumes. Did mine indoors as my yard is rocks and cactus - wasn't an is...

In GEAR » Seam sealing a Tarp Tent in an apartment
August 31, 7:07pm

Shotgun?
@Ernie - Shotgun? Might as well be really prepared then. Bring a pistol too for close-in work, cleaning kits for both, and wear your body armor/helmet constantly (as it simply won't do if the ...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 31, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Zooms ... Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
....I hiked a couple seasons in Nike ACG Air somethingorother .... @ Rick: Nike Air Tallac Zooms. Great lightweight boot and they were tough to find from the get-go. Bought a pair and wo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
August 31, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.