BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1051 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106

Forum » Thread

Re: Help Plantar faciitis!!!
Check out "Fixing Your Feet, Prevention and Treatments for Athletes" by John Vonhoff. Lots of great advice in here on Plantar fascitis and a number of other foot problems. Highly recommended.

In GEAR » Help Plantar faciitis!!!
February 07, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Crossing Snow Fields
scott writes: "I could not determine the weight of the stabilicers from the sites I went to." Here are some weights, all in size medium: stabilicers,24.6 oz. stabilicer sports, 12 oz. ya...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Crossing Snow Fields
February 05, 8:40am

Re: Re: Ti Stakes in winter
Mike, I took a good look at The Vargo Ascent stakes last week at REI, thinking they would be ideal when you weren't sure whether you would be camping on snow or bare ground. Ultimately, I bought th...

In GEAR » Ti Stakes in winter
January 30, 12:34pm

Re: Ti Stakes in winter
You can't really get the lightweight ti stakes into very hard, frozen ground without drilling pilot holes with a heavier ti nail stake. For me, the weight savings of using the lighter stakes is not...

In GEAR » Ti Stakes in winter
January 30, 9:59am

Re: Re: Re: conflict of interest: Manufacturing V reviewing
Robert, I understand your concerns about conflict of interest. However, I've found reviews of gear that I have experience with to be very accurate. Two recent shelter reviews, of the Tarptent Virga...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » conflict of interest: Manufacturing V review
January 19, 8:15pm

Re: hammer/mallet for tent stakes
David, I also use small ti stakes and a ti nail stake to drill pilot holes. Normally, it works O.K. But last week I encountered ground so hard and frozen it was a real pain to drill the pilot hole,...

In GEAR » hammer/mallet for tent stakes
January 19, 6:34pm

Re: And the verdict is .....
Michael, I think that you're going to enjoy your Glacier Jacket. I picked one up last December on sale and it's become my go-to cold weather jacket. I've found it to be very warm and durable.

In GEAR » Is this a good deal on a down jacket?
December 17, 5:58pm

Re: Re: test
Thanks, Douglas. It's from a trip back in October.

In User Test Forum » test
November 12, 6:53am

test
Lost Park

In User Test Forum » test
November 11, 8:18am

Re: Non crampon ice traction (stabilicers, etc)
Colby, I've tried the regular Yaktrax and they broke on my second hike. The Yaktrax Pro lasted about five hikes. Both provided good traction but were not durable enough for my use. Several of t...

In GEAR » Non crampon ice traction (stabilicers, etc)
November 09, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm