BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1208 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...121

Forum » Thread

Re: Double Rainbow - tips
Is there any type of tieout or attachment point on the floor sides near the midpoint? If so, you could tie shock cord to that and run it to the vestibule stakes. I did that with my Scarp 2 and Hogb...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow - tips
August 26, 10:31am

Shangri-La 3 netting skirt
I did something like this with my Shangri-La 3 (2010 model). * Sewed 15-17 inch (don't remember exact measurement) wide strip of noseeum mesh all around the lower edge. * Mesh attaches t...

In Make Your Own Gear » TIPI MOD
August 26, 10:12am

Re: Re: Re: Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
Mids are one of the best shelters for wind, although a hexagonal or true cone shape would be even better due to less or no flat panels. They can be lowered to block out wind-driven rain, althoug...

In GEAR » Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
August 25, 3:08pm

Cranberry Wilderness
Thanks Kevin and Vernon. I definitely agree about two trekking poles. I've been experimenting with one stick, one pole, and two poles over the last few years. I knew most of the route wasn&...

In Post-Trip Reports » Cranberry Wilderness, WV
August 25, 10:58am

Re: Has lightweight packing really caught on?
> What do you think is going on? Consumerism. People buy what they are told, what is readily available, and what their friends are buying. They also make purchasing decisions based on the inf...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has lightweight packing really caught on?
August 24, 11:07am

Re: Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
I have a Golite Shangri-La 3, TT Scarp 2, and TT Hogback (4 person for when the whole family comes along). I've sewed on a netting skirt which velcroes to the stock floor of the SL3. With all o...

In GEAR » Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
August 24, 9:38am

Re: special link pieces
I've ordered a replacement lower section for my Black Diamond Trail Back poles to use as a link section for connecting the two poles together. The section has a tip already mounted on it which ...

In Make Your Own Gear » tieing 2 poles together
August 24, 8:03am

Re: Pack fit: slowly slides down back
I only had time today for a quick test hike around the garage with some jumping and bouncy steps to simulate rougher terrain. (Didn't I look silly!) I was in cotton clothing though. I normally ...

In GEAR » Pack fit: slowly slides down back
August 23, 10:40pm

Re: Tensioners slipping
From the MLD website (this image: http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=105&image=1), these appear to be the same tensioners Tarptent uses. When I seam sealed my Scarp 2...

In GEAR » Tensioners slipping
August 23, 12:13am

Pack fit: slowly slides down back
One detail I forgot to mention: My waist size is 42. I have the large size belt, which is what GG recommends for sizes 36-42. Dale: One issue could be that I'm not using any pad at all. I ...

In GEAR » Pack fit: slowly slides down back
August 23, 12:06am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.