BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1215 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Dropper bottles for deet?
I've had 100% DEET in an old contact lens eye drop dropper bottle for about 5 months now without a problem. It's just the standard eye dropper plastic, probably high density polyethylene (H...

In GEAR » Dropper bottles for deet?
September 06, 2:18pm

Re: Gear List for Paramo Ecosystem
Do you need all of the spare clothing? Drop the hand sanitizer and just use soap and water. (Ryan Jordan just added a new article about this.) Consider adding: compass whistle backup to t...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Paramo Ecosystem
September 01, 3:09pm

Re: Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
"At the risk of tooting my own horn, a cone or hex shape requires increased fabric and surface area over a rectangle or square considering the shape a human body needs in a prone position. ...

In GEAR » Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
September 01, 8:07am

Re: Beginner backpack for a beginner backpacker
If you can, I recommend getting both the Gossamer Gear Gorilla and the ULA Ohm. Be sure you understand both return policies, and return the one you don't want. I'm of course oversimplifying...

In GEAR » Beginner backpack for a beginner backpacker
August 31, 8:20am

Re: Need a little guidance
Tarptent makes a double wall tent made for more severe conditions called the Scarp. Extra poles, guylines, and stakes are needed for high winds and snow. Especially well-suited to high wind cond...

In GEAR » Need a little guidance
August 30, 12:52pm

Re: Hubba Hubba HP vs Scarp 2
James, I have the Scarp 2, but have only tried the mesh inner (without fly) on an overnighter so far. It has the advantage of having both a mesh and solid inner tent (if you purchase both) for t...

In GEAR » Hubba Hubba HP vs Scarp 2
August 30, 10:41am

Re: Rain while using door of a mid?
> When entering/exiting a mid during a downpour, how do you not soak the gear of the people near the door? Yell: MOVE EVERYTHING OUTTA THE WAY! I'M COMIN' IN! :D

August 27, 8:32am

Re: Double Rainbow - tips
Is there any type of tieout or attachment point on the floor sides near the midpoint? If so, you could tie shock cord to that and run it to the vestibule stakes. I did that with my Scarp 2 and Hogb...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow - tips
August 26, 10:31am

Shangri-La 3 netting skirt
I did something like this with my Shangri-La 3 (2010 model). * Sewed 15-17 inch (don't remember exact measurement) wide strip of noseeum mesh all around the lower edge. * Mesh attaches t...

In Make Your Own Gear » TIPI MOD
August 26, 10:12am

Re: Re: Re: Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
Mids are one of the best shelters for wind, although a hexagonal or true cone shape would be even better due to less or no flat panels. They can be lowered to block out wind-driven rain, althoug...

August 25, 3:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.