BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1135 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: Pillowfight! Kookabay vs. Exped
I've never tried the Kookabay, but I like the Exped. It has some type of slightly stretchy fabric on the bottom which seems to allow it to feel softer.

In GEAR » Pillowfight! Kookabay vs. Exped
June 06, 10:00am

Re: Best storm pitch for flat tarp?
I have an 8x10 flat tarp I use sometimes. That's the smallest I'd want to go without a bivy. It's MYOG, and I sewed tieouts for the "instructor style" pitch shown on Oware'...

In GEAR » Best storm pitch for flat tarp?
June 03, 12:11pm

Re: No camping on AT near neels gap/blood mt due to bears
u think we can't get ur snaks, but we can. we just move on down trail. u r funny. we just try play nice so u keep coming back. PS: Bear spray iz like ur pepper. It makes us sneeze, but taste...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » No camping on AT near neels gap/blood mt due to bears
June 03, 11:29am

Re: Do you filter your water?
I treated with AquaMira on my last trip (2 days), and due to taste, I've decided the weight of a good filter is worth it. It's a real shame to make pure-tasting wilderness water taste like ...

In GEAR » Do you filter your water?
June 02, 8:49am

Re: re:
With a trash bag bivvy, I don't think I'd want to go longer than a weekend in constant rain or high humidity. Drying out the bag in the morning is important. When able to dry the bag adequa...

In GEAR » Tarp in rain/bugs?
June 01, 10:29pm

Re: Tarp in rain/bugs?
When I was a teenager, I sometimes slept out in the open with a synthetic bag and a bivy sack made of two large trash bags which probably weighed 4 oz at most. When it rained, I awoke to cold water...

In GEAR » Tarp in rain/bugs?
June 01, 9:06pm

Re: Bear Spray - How much to bring in a group?
Personally, I'd bring my own without regard to the group decision.

In GEAR » Bear Spray - How much to bring in a group?
May 27, 10:57am

Re: layout on silnylon
I lightly mark silnylon with either black or silver Sharpies and erase the marks with isopropyl alcohol. Test this on scrap, as the material and duration before erasing seems to be a factor in how ...

In Make Your Own Gear » layout on silnylon
May 27, 10:17am

Re: Newbie: How To Choose A Sleeping Bag?
A Neoair wouldn't work for 0F unless you supplemented with a foam pad or two. Consider some type of down-filled mat for this cold. I use an Exped Downmat 7, but Kooka Bay is lighter. "I...

In GEAR » Newbie: How To Choose A Sleeping Bag?
May 27, 9:54am

Re: Need help with a sleeping pad!
Maybe an inflatable pillow will help? I like the Exped pillow. The Thermarest Prolite is lighter than the Prolite Plus, unless you need the extra padding or insulation for cold weather. I have t...

In GEAR » Need help with a sleeping pad!
May 23, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.