BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1128 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...113

Forum » Thread

Re: layout on silnylon
I lightly mark silnylon with either black or silver Sharpies and erase the marks with isopropyl alcohol. Test this on scrap, as the material and duration before erasing seems to be a factor in how ...

In Make Your Own Gear » layout on silnylon
May 27, 10:17am

Re: Newbie: How To Choose A Sleeping Bag?
A Neoair wouldn't work for 0F unless you supplemented with a foam pad or two. Consider some type of down-filled mat for this cold. I use an Exped Downmat 7, but Kooka Bay is lighter. "I...

In GEAR » Newbie: How To Choose A Sleeping Bag?
May 27, 9:54am

Re: Need help with a sleeping pad!
Maybe an inflatable pillow will help? I like the Exped pillow. The Thermarest Prolite is lighter than the Prolite Plus, unless you need the extra padding or insulation for cold weather. I have t...

In GEAR » Need help with a sleeping pad!
May 23, 8:04am

Mora
A basic #1 or #2 Mora with plastic sheath and carbon steel blade is about 3 oz and $10-15. At the top of that price range, you can get a laminated steel blade with an unfinished wood handle. I'...

In GEAR » 2-3 oz fixed blade
May 22, 10:06pm

Re: Re: Review anybody for Open Country 2 Quart Kettle 4.16oz
I have this pot, and it works great for me. I often cook over a campfire, and the bail handle is very useful for rigging up pot supports. On my cheap analog scale, it weighs around 5 oz without ...

In GEAR » Review anybody for Open Country 2 Quart Kettle 4.16oz
May 21, 7:52am

Re: Tent Peg Hammer?
I use a 12-18" length of downed wood which is around wrist diameter. I'm less likely to mangle stakes with wood than with a rock. :)

In GEAR » Tent Peg Hammer?
May 20, 1:41pm

Re: Please recommend a tent
Elizabeth, The Scarp 2 comes close to having all of these, except it's 3 1/4 lbs without crossing poles. The crossing poles are only needed in snow, high winds, and for setting up the mesh i...

In GEAR » Please recommend a tent
May 20, 1:35pm

Re: TR GSMNP Noland Creek Trail
Ryan, I enjoyed reading this. I have 4 kids ranging in age from 7 months to 6 years, and we're starting to plan our first family backpacking trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » TR GSMNP Noland Creek Trail
May 18, 10:26am

Re: cutting firewood
If the wood on the ground is wet, use standing dead wood which is only sort of standing: branches sticking off of the ground on down trees or which have fallen only partially to the ground. Unless ...

In GEAR » cutting firewood
May 18, 8:00am

Re: Shelter/Bag Recommendation
The Tarptent Scarp has both solid and mesh liners available to match warmer vs. colder conditions. The Moment would probably let in too much wind and blowing snow for winter usage. (Edit: not to me...

In GEAR » Shelter Recommendation
May 12, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.