BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1161 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Aquamira treatment time
Mike wrote: "Aqua Mira drops takes only 20 minutes and it doesn't have any taste at all." I don't understand how you can say Aquamira drops take only take 20 minutes when treat...

In Gear Lists » 3 season typical 2 day mid-west list
July 15, 9:50am

Beer can pot stand
What have you found to be the best stand for a beer can pot, such as a 24 oz Heineken can? Ok, a Caldera cone is probably best, but what's second best, since I want to avoid buying one. :)

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer can pot stand
July 14, 2:23pm

Golite customer service experience
I just wanted to share this here so that everyone is aware of what to expect from Golite customer service. I thought at one time they actually included scrap material with new tents? My request:...

In GEAR » Golite customer service experience
July 14, 2:10pm

penny stove simmering
The original Penny stove instructions include a simmer ring which apparently works well: Penny Stove Instructions

In Make Your Own Gear » Penny Alcohol Stove
July 14, 12:52pm

Beer can pot packing
How do you pack your beer can pot (Heineken, Fosters, or other) to prevent damage? One way is to use a plastic cup or other rigid container, but that adds as much or more weight than the pot its...

In GEAR » Beer can pot packing
July 14, 10:38am

Re: Trekking Poles as a Mid Pole
One post I read described removing the bottom sections from a pair of poles, and then connecting them together with a single replacement pole section.

In GEAR » Trekking Poles as a Mid Pole
July 13, 8:38pm

Re: 3 season typical 2 day mid-west list
Daniel, I agree with your rationale for carrying the filter. I do the same. No chemical taste is enough reason alone, but avoiding carrying an extra quart of water for 2-4 hours which weighs twice ...

In Gear Lists » 3 season typical 2 day mid-west list
July 13, 8:50am

Re: Penny Alcohol Stove
"But I threw together a penny stove and can get it to light. All of the alcohol burns out of the top pan and the jets never light. Any advise you have would be appriciated." The origin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Penny Alcohol Stove
July 12, 11:08am

good old Diamond stick matches
Interesting. Do you mean that the matches show evidence of combustion before you attempted to light them? It's possible they self-ignited from friction against each other during travel, but ...

In Post-Trip Reports » good old Diamond stick matches
July 09, 10:47am

Re: Backpacking reads
Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bbackpacking reads
July 09, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.