BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1284 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Exped Downmat 7 or 9
I have the full-length Exped 7. Once it gets so cold, I don't want to be relying on an inflatable as my only ground insulation. I add a Ridgrest 47" length around 0-10F with a 0 degree bag...

In GEAR » Exped Downmat 7 or 9?
November 13, 9:59am

Re: Pack Comparisons
"I'm especially interested in how the main bag shapes and the shoulder strap & hipbelt widths and cushiness compare." I have the Gossamer Gear Gorilla, which is similar in desi...

In GEAR » Pack Comparisons
November 13, 9:47am

BS
I see they're taking a "fight fire with fire" approach in their battle against BS.

In GEAR » Columbia calls 'B.S.' on Outdoors Industry
November 10, 10:35pm

Re: Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
Just don't get the kind which *looks* like a picnic tablecloth. A bear might mistake you for a table-top snack! :-o ;-)

In GEAR » Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
November 10, 9:16am

Re: New sleeping bag
"Something to consider (especially for us 200+ pounders) is that a stretch bag handles additional layers with ease. This is another factor that should be consider if you plan on pushing the li...

In GEAR » New sleeping bag
November 10, 8:07am

SL3: bigger, better, only 3 oz more
The Shangri-La 3 (2010) fly only is 25 oz. I think it would hold up much better in wind and snow, and has more room. I think it's a better selection than the SL2 for only 3 more ounces.

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
November 10, 7:58am

Re: New sleeping bag: MontBell #3
Just a quick note on prices. I purchased a Super Spiral #3 (800 down) late last week for $236. The lowest prices I found for their 800 down #3 models are: MB Spiral #3 $210 MB Super Spiral #3 $236

In GEAR » New sleeping bag
November 09, 9:37pm

0.7 oz cup
I use the 16 oz size Rubbermaid Twist and Seal cup without the lid. It weighs 0.7 oz. I made a 1" wide CCF wrap for holding it, but often don't take this because I can use the handles on t...

In GEAR » mug/ cup?
November 06, 3:33pm

Re: Hex 3 Skirt
"1. On the sewn perimeter version, wouldn't putting it right on the hem of the tent make it impossible to clip in the floor? At least if the plan was to place the mesh on top of the interi...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 05, 6:43pm

Re: fireboard
"Brad, scrape the black stuff off the end of your spindle" And the hearth board hole too. One thing which helps with the string slipping is to use a counter-twisted pair instead of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bow Drill Fires!
November 05, 10:47am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.