BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 991 - 1000 of 1255 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ...126

Forum » Thread

Re: most comfy foam pad
"What's the most comfy foam pad of them all?" The one you sleep on on your back.

In GEAR » most comfy foam pad
October 18, 12:08am

Re: 35 degree 4-day list
You might be cold with only that blue CCF down to 20F. Wearing rain pants the entire time seems like it would be too sweaty. You might need a more substantial shirt/sweater and a windshirt wh...

In Gear Lists » 35 degree 4-day list
October 15, 3:37pm

Re: winter-worthy NeoAir
With a DownMat 7 Pump Short, you get an R-value of 5.9 and a weight of 23 oz. (length=47" though) You'd lose the CCF "backup" in case of an unpatchable hole, but the DownMat mate...

In GEAR » winter-worthy NeoAir
October 14, 5:41pm

Re: Fly Creek in the Winter??
No experience with this tent, but I think it would do ok, especially if in the woods. The potential problem might be snow loading. Keep the snow knocked off if there's more than an inch or so, ...

In GEAR » Fly Creek in the Winter??
October 14, 5:26pm

Re: Looks like they are the same thread size
Thanks Joshua!

In GEAR » 1 liter soda/water bottle thread size
October 14, 12:15pm

1 liter soda/water bottle thread size
Do most 1 liter soda and water bottles have the same thread size as 2 liter soda bottles? I don't have a 2 l bottle to experiment on. (I ask because I want to know if I can use the First Nee...

In GEAR » 1 liter soda/water bottle thread size
October 14, 10:57am

Re: Alcohol Stove Fuel Quantity
Most alcohol stoves boil 2 cups of water using 0.5 - 1.3 oz (my not fully researched estimate) of fuel, so your 3 oz/day estimate sounds right. I like the original Penny stove. It can be tricky ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Fuel Quantity
October 12, 8:43pm

Re: fire
Softwood (wood from coniferous trees) fires and synthetics aren't very compatible. I play with fire often, but it's almost all hardwood which is fairly well-behaved. If you're ruining y...

In GEAR » Clothing set up
October 12, 6:59pm

Re: Silicone and Mineral Spirts Problem
I've done extra silnylon coatings using the same brand of everything you used. I used the newest GE Silicone II caulk which is for windows and doors (window and door: http://www.caulkyourhome.c...

In GEAR » Silicone and Mineral Spirts Problem
October 11, 2:41pm

Re: TT Hogback pics
It's a great tent. A few weeks ago, we just did our first family trip in the Cranberry Wilderness, West Virginia. Wife and 3 kids slept in the Hogback, while I slept in the Scarp 2 with 1 kid. ...

In GEAR » TT Hogback pics
October 11, 1:01am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.