BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 981 - 990 of 1238 | Page: 1 ...90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ...124

Forum » Thread

Re: north face triumph anorak
my size XL weighs 183g (6.4oz). I like it a lot for ultralight adventures. To me its totally windproof. not sure what is meant by "pack queen" and lack of coverage. I prefer my shel...

In GEAR » north face triumph anorak
February 06, 5:08pm

Re: Opinion
if endurance and power are your goals then training with a weighted pack will be helpful. if speed is your goal (a fastpacking project) then never train with a pack heavier than the one you will...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 28, 11:42am

Re: slow and steady
if you are new to running don't forget to warm up "at a slow pace". I run pretty long distances, it takes me at least 2 miles just to warm up. My body really enjoys the 2nd and 3rd ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
January 28, 10:37am

Re: Black Diamond Z poles Review
not a BPL member currently ... guess I'm dependent on the kindness of strangers for input. Oops, I just read that these poles just came on the market. So there's probably no one out the...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Z Poles
January 28, 10:03am

Black Diamond Z Poles
I didn't even know these existed until I accidentally saw them in a store yesterday. They look almost perfect enough to turn me into a "pole person". Ultra Distance version at 120...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Z Poles
January 28, 9:55am

Re: Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
Buy a scale that measures to grams, not just ounces. many on the market. that said, it seems silly to be trying to eak out savings in grams when you could knock big chunks off. unfortunately y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
January 25, 12:42pm

Re: Here are some of the things I’m trying to figure out.
I mentioned time rather than miles because that takes into account the terrain. 1. Rain Jackets I rarely wear one when running. It won't keep me dry because I perspire quite a bit. I bring...

In GEAR » BPL for Trail Running?
January 18, 12:59pm

Re: Re: BPL for Trail Running?
I pretty much agree with Craig. There is some gear involved at longer distance running. What length of running, time wise, are you talking about. 2 hours? 12 hours? multi day? Are you tal...

In GEAR » BPL for Trail Running?
January 18, 11:48am

Re: september storms
"" We get storms that are unexpectedly cold or heavy, not unexpectedly arriving. "" Are these really that different, when it comes to preparation and survival ? Unexpected...

In GEAR » Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
January 15, 8:47am

Re: Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
I guess it boils down to your philosophy for backcountry preparation. There seem to be two basic philosophies : Best Case and Worst Case. Most of the ultralighters here seem to prefer best cas...

In GEAR » Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
January 14, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.