BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11468 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1147

Forum » Thread

Re: DIY protein bars? vegetarian, no-cook protein?
I've listed the recipe for Logan Bread here. Search for "logan bread" and I think you will see my initials pop up quickly. I've been making the stuff for over thirty years now, an...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY protein bars? vegetarian, no-cook protein?
July 09, 10:07pm

Re: Re: bleach in carry on
Silly. That's a laundry agent. It goes in a small bottle with the rest of the liquid toiletries. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
July 09, 10:03pm

Re: Re: Re: @ Roger
For most rattlers that you would encounter in the Western U.S., it would take an unusually large specimen to have fangs longer than 3/4". Even then, the snake would have to have perfect aim...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommended snake proof gaiters?
July 09, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Lighters are OK to Carry On
One common butane lighter is permitted (apparently). However, there are several flavors of butane lighters, Mini-Bic, standard Bic, big/fat one, long one, skinny one. The big/fat one holds about tw...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
July 09, 8:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
If you try to push up to Woods Crossing on the first day, then that dry patch of trail is in the 2-3 miles before you reach Woods Crossing, which is when you would be the tiredest and most in need ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 09, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Olive Oil in carry on?
That page seems clear enough. I just wish that TSA would update their list of prohibited items. A common lighter is still banned there. Of course, I guess I am expecting too much that a federal ...

July 09, 7:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Olive Oil in carry on?
"You may already know this, but just in case not -- common lighters (BIC, etc.) are allowed as carry on's." What is your source for this? I found one old source that says that a...

July 09, 7:36pm

Re: Re: 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
"I think we might try to get to Woods Crk Crossing on the first day if possible." Last August, two of us left Roads End at 7:45 a.m. (which is tough on a lot of people, depending on wh...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 09, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Olive Oil in carry on?
Matches are not allowed in checked baggage, and only one book of ordinary matches is allowed in carry-on. I don't know how TSA feels about a box of matches. --B.G.--

July 09, 6:03pm

Re: Mongoose won't work with rattlers
If rattlers are so fast, then how does a California Mountain King Snake kill 'em? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommended snake proof gaiters?
July 09, 2:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.