BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11041 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1105

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Help On A Long Decision
Your 4-day itinerary looks OK. I did this same plan last August. Getting from Roads End to Woods Crossing will wear you out unless you keep your pack weight down. I've seen bighorn sheep ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help On A Long Decision
May 23, 9:46am

Re: Has anyone read AR's new law?
Sheila, what does this have to do with Arkansas? Nothing! --B.G.--

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 22, 7:13pm

Re: First Aid Supplies
Some of the single use packets can be found at a well-stocked REI store. Some of the foot supplies can be found at a sports store that caters to runners. --B.G.--

In GEAR » First Aid Supplies
May 22, 4:25pm

Re: titanium stakes - galvanized?
Plus, steel is often galvanized to prevent it from rusting. Titanium does not rust, so there wouldn't be much point to galvanizing it. Also, titanium is excellent when used as a lightweight ...

In Make Your Own Gear » titanium stakes - galvanized?
May 22, 3:53pm

Re: Bear Canister Rental
There is some demand for bear canister rental. That's why they are available at many permit stations at the national parks in California. The problem with renting at the permit station is that ...

In Gear Swap » Bear Canister Rental
May 21, 1:02pm

Re: Review anybody for Open Country 2 Quart Kettle 4.16oz
That was a state-of-the-art cook pot about 30 years ago. As I recall, they do not tolerate being mashed up inside a backpack. Some of the more modern cook pots have complex curved surfaces, so t...

In GEAR » Review anybody for Open Country 2 Quart Kettle 4.16oz
May 21, 12:50am

Re: GG
Hmmm. I'm not certain why a full-length zipper would be a problem. And the velcro flap over it is very narrow. I can fold it up and stick it in a shirt pocket. In the GG jacket, I bought the me...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hey climbers: silnylon anorak advice
May 20, 6:40pm

Re: Hey climbers: silnylon anorak advice
Similar. A few days ago we discussed the Gossamer Gear Rain Jacket, which is made out of Sil-nylon. It weighs 4 ounces and has few frills. No pockets. It is a zip-up hooded jacket instead of a hood...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hey climbers: silnylon anorak advice
May 20, 6:06pm

Re: Reasonable Itinerary
I've backpacked with lots of people for whom 11 miles in one day seemed almost impossible. But I managed to get them there. How? I simply got them on the trail earlier and earlier in the mor...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Reasonable Itinerary
May 20, 4:21pm

Re: PCT method question
The higher that you can tie the knot, the better. However, you just have to do what you can do. Either that or else bring along a basketball player. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT method question
May 20, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.