BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11088 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: UL gravity filter
I'm not so sure that the Aquaguard is as good as it sounds. Its spec is 2 microns absolute pore size, which is good enough to trap Giardia but not good enough to trap bacteria or viruses. --...

In GEAR » UL gravity filter
May 31, 9:23am

Re: Re: Project Yellowstone
Bison are herbivores, so they really don't want to eat you. If you get too close or threaten them, an irate adult might charge you, or maybe just bluff charge. So, if you keep a reasonable dist...

In Post-Trip Reports » Project Yellowstone
May 31, 9:16am

Re: Nepal
On my first trek in Nepal, we were told that the monsoon rains would end by the middle of September, so when we started walking at the end of September, it ought to be dry enough. Wrong. We got rai...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Nepal
May 31, 9:01am

Re: warning about conditions
I was backpacking in the Hetch Hetchy Valley very near there over May 27-29. We got snowed on about one inch, and that was at 4600' elevation. It cleared and warmed up, but the snow was lingeri...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Nor Cal BPL Meetup 6/5 to 6/6
May 30, 11:51pm

Re: Locking tip
Dan, I don't have any locking tip to cut down. Also, I had no intention of epoxying the nail to the end of the pole. As I stated, I intended to coat the nail head with epoxy and to fasten it to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade light-weight tent pole. Any ideas?
May 30, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Fibraplex
The very end needs to be smooth so as not to abrade anything in my pack. A finishing nail coated in epoxy is my current thought. Besides, this is MYOG, not farm it out to a shop. --B.G.--

May 30, 4:58pm

Re: Fibraplex
I think I need something as long as a locking tip, but much more pointy. I envisioned a solid finishing nail sticking out about 3/4". --B.G.--

May 30, 3:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What Bears?
In a place like Yellowstone that is subject to bad forest fires, I can understand why they advocate only bear spray to keep the grizzlies at bay. On the other hand, other places are not so concerne...

In GEAR » Bear Spray - How much to bring in a group?
May 30, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Your California Pass Report
I was backpacking in Yosemite's Hetch Hetchy Valley over the last three days. Yes, we got snowed on, about one inch. Parts of the Evergreen Road got two inches. They will probably keep Tioga...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Your California Pass Opening Report
May 30, 1:25pm

Re: good place to buy
I haven't bought any Permethrin online, but it is sold by REI, Campmor, and several of the standard sources. I bought mine in a local camping and sporting goods store. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Bugs
May 30, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.