BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11348 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1135

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Fibraplex
Benjamin, are you claiming that the curved pole configurations that Fibraplex recommends now have been around since the original Fibraplex "straight poles?" --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » delays with fibraplex
June 28, 12:39am

Re: Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
The stove case is dual purpose. It protects the stove from breakage, and it protects the other gear in your pack from the sharp points on the stove. If I wrapped a viscose towel around my sto...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
June 28, 12:03am

Re: Re: Fibraplex
I suspect that this breakage is happening only on poles that are drastically bent/curved. I use the Fibraplex poles in their original/intended straight form, and I don't seem to have a problem ...

In Gear Deals » delays with fibraplex
June 27, 11:42pm

Re: insurance
For most auto insurance companies that I am aware of, if tents are stolen out of your vehicle, they tell you that it is only covered by your homeowner's policy. Then, if you try to claim that o...

In GEAR » Replacing stolen UL 2p/3p tents
June 27, 8:35pm

Central Yosemite National Park
There has been a good deal of concern from backpackers about the unseasonable snow conditions. Let me report a bit based on the last three days. I had a start point at 8300 feet along the Tioga Roa...

In Post-Trip Reports » Central Yosemite National Park
June 27, 8:29pm

Re: Colorado Trail thru-hike -- August
If you sweat a lot, then you probably need something that is fairly waterproof and fairly breathable. OTOH, apparently I don't get that hot, and a Sil-Nylon hooded rain jacket at 4 ounces wo...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail thru-hike -- August
June 27, 8:07pm

Re: Bear canisters
Of the hard canisters, the Bear Boxer Contender is about the smallest one. If your trips are only three days or less, then it is sufficient for one person. As soon as you are talking about more peo...

In Gear Lists » Newbie - What Gear Do I Need?
June 27, 7:51pm

Re: Sounds good!
"black reflective tracers" ??? I would think that silver-colored reflective tracers would be more effective and cheaper to produce. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Potential Aluminum Nail Stake
June 25, 12:09am

Re: Re: pack cover? pack liner? neither!
"My gear stayed dry." Including the tripod? (I mean, let's get our priorities straight!) --B.G.--

In GEAR » pack cover? pack liner? neither!
June 24, 11:09pm

Re: Re: pack cover? pack liner? neither!
"Bob's grocery bag" Just to be clear... the produce bags are the super-thin ones in the produce department at the grocery store. Grocery bags are the semi-thin ones when you check ...

In GEAR » pack cover? pack liner? neither!
June 24, 10:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.