BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11281 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: New to Backpacking Want to Start Out Right
I agree with Joe's suggestion about the Tarptent Squall 2. However, whether or not that is really the right choice depends on how big the two of you are. My own rule is that the inside of th...

In GEAR » New to Backpacking Want to Start Out Right
June 19, 12:13pm

Re: camping and side trips on Shasta
The advantage to sticking strictly to the standard route up Avalanche Gulch is that there will be a hundred strangers on the same route. If you got badly injured, a stranger could help. Also, 90% o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping and side trips on Shasta
June 18, 8:22pm

Re: The key to solitude in Yosemite
"4) I don't think Hetch Hetchy has any quotas at all." Incorrect. All Hetch Hetchy trails have quotas, and some of them are maxed out for some days. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » where in the US should I go backpacking?
June 18, 3:42pm

Re: Re: Which Lightweight Tent
"But is snow really an issue with 3 season hikers?" In the Sierra Nevada Range, I have been snowed on in every month of the year. I just got snowed on in late May. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Which Lightweight Tent
June 18, 3:38pm

Re: Test
It certainly appears to be the north side of Everest. --B.G.--

In User Test Forum » Test
June 17, 11:01pm

Re: First Aid Packing List
The most important thing to pack is some training. I take some form of first aid course every few years. That knowledge will allow me to make proper decisions so that my minimal first aid kit wi...

In Philosophy & Technique » First Aid Packing List
June 17, 3:01pm

Re: Thanks
I don't think that anything is quite as perfect as a bear's nose. However, a seal-a-meal bag seems to be slightly better than an ordinary ziploc bag. I would worry more about smells from...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
June 17, 2:54pm

Re: first aid
Medications are OK, if you can keep the portion/size/container down to the very minimum. About five grams of neosporin could be handy. Some of us need to take prescription pills on a daily basis...

June 17, 2:50pm

Re: Yosemite
Larry, I tend to do it the way you suggest. Maybe it is overkill when using a bear can. It's just that the darn bear will smell really good salami inside it and will play with the can all night...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
June 17, 2:44pm

Re: Suture kit
A friend of mine was out doing a solo week-long trip in the southern Sierra Nevada Range. About five days out, he stepped into a snow void next to a boulder. His leg crashed through and split open ...

June 17, 2:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.