Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 12022 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1203

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Annapurna Circuit
The peak is on the border of Nepal and Sikkim, and most expeditions historically have approached through Sikkim. I suppose that you can go overland from Nepal, but that seems like a haul. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 29, 5:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Annapurna Circuit
That is correct. Most people flying to the opposite side of the Earth prefer to layover someplace halfway. If you fly from the West Coast like LA>Seoul>Bangkok, you layover there for about ei...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 29, 5:18pm

Re: reflectix
Yup. Sure looks like Reflectix. Find it at Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Lowes. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Prodex Sleeping Pads?
October 29, 5:13pm

Re: Custom imprinted camping tent
You need to describe better what kind of imprinting you need. For example, if you just need one large logo on each side of the rain fly, that is simple, and it can be done with transfers. If ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Custom imprinted camping tent
October 29, 4:49pm

Re: WTB Canon battery charger LC-E6
As always, Jeff, there is a trick to it. I received my new 7D with the same battery charger and one standard Canon battery. The battery charger crapped out almost immediately, like by the third ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Canon battery charger LC-E6
October 29, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Annapurna Circuit
If you are flying from the West Coast of U.S.A., it is often cheaper to fly LA>Seoul>Bangkok>Kathmandu. From the East Coast, it might be better to head across Europe. At the last time t...

October 29, 4:01pm

Re: nope
Pat Spring. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » November, Big Sur
October 29, 3:57pm

Re: WTB Trashed Sleeping Bag
If you search, you might find a very short bag called an Elephant Foot Bag. They used to be more common with climbers who already had a down parka. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Trashed Sleeping Bag
October 29, 3:56pm

Re: Annapurna Circuit
"the kanchenjunga circuit" The last time that I checked, that was not in Nepal. For years, the two major trekking routes were 1.Mt Everest Base Camp, and 2.the Annapurna Circuit. So...

October 29, 3:51pm

Re: white gas
"Re the last item: the MSR instructions for the XGK stove explicitly state that priming the stove requires a 'fireball'." That's partially true. On a high expedition, three...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
October 29, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.