Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11758 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: thanks
The people who seemed to have the most problems with the iron oxide warmers had them stuck on their socks, inside their boots. However, I don't use them, so I can't say. I have found the...

In Editor's Roundtable » Aconcagua Photo Essay and Gear List
September 09, 2:21pm

Re: WTB: XC/Backcountry poles (150-155cm)
I haven't seen leather baskets on cross country ski poles in about thirty years! --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: XC/Backcountry poles (150-155cm)
September 09, 1:57pm

Re: How light is light?
Buzz, I think that it is possible for you to ascend from 14K to nearly 23K and return in a day. However, that isn't something that the average Aconcagua climber can do. I've done a 9K-foot ...

September 09, 1:46pm

Re: Is a dry bag odor-proof?
Take a ziploc bag and inflate it with air until it is tight. Seal it. Leave it on a table and check on it periodically. A few will hold the air. Some will slowly leak. Some will quickly leak. It...

In Multiple Use Gear » Is a dry bag odor-proof?
September 09, 1:29pm

Re: handwarmers
Handwarmers? There are many kinds. Some use a glowing fuel stick. Some burn lighter fluid. Some use phase change of sodium acetate. Some use an iron oxide... I don't think that you can pa...

September 09, 12:23pm

Re: re Gear
Wow. I see some huge variations of opinion. I was there in January 1996, so I guess a few things have changed since then. Trying to go from Mendoza to Plaza de Mulas in a day is a crazy way to b...

September 09, 12:15pm

Re: wtf
"unsupported bar a resupply cache or two...." I believe the writer of that comment made an understatement. I believe that food packages had been mailed out to hit every 5-7 days. Maybe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skurka Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 09, 11:22am

Re: Re: more
I don't know. It sounds like Jack Stephenson! --B.G.--

In Chaff » Spammed by Warmlite (Stephenson)
September 09, 1:16am

Re: Lightweight Mug for Cheap???
If you want to keep your existing mug, you can find a small piece of Reflectix, form it around your mug, and wrap it with duct tape to hold it together. One local hardware store stocked it and sold...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mug for Cheap???
September 08, 2:59pm

Re: Winter Camping
I was leading a snow camping trip once about 25 years ago. When we got to the easy destination, I told the group that I would show them how to dig a snow cave. Nobody was interested. I told them th...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking FAQ?
September 07, 5:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.