BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 10343 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1035

Forum » Thread

Re: Bob Gross--what silk?
If you go to the Thai Silks web site that Roger had mentioned, you will see a wide variety. Since I didn't know anything about silk, I wanted to K.I.S.S. I chose the lightest and plainest on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk
March 15, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
T. M. I. ! --B.G.--

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
March 15, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Re: internet connection.
And to think... it wasn't that long ago when we had only 110 baud leased line modems. Once user got upgraded to a 300 baud leased line modem, and he thought that he had died and gone to heaven....

In Chaff » Test Your Internet Connection Speeds
March 15, 12:45pm

Re: Group Hiking and Dirty Tricks
One gal was proud of the fact that she had gotten her base weight down to 15 pounds. She borrowed some UL pack for a group trip, and we had all arrived at the trailhead. Everybody scampered around ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Group Hiking and Dirty Tricks
March 15, 12:38pm

Re: WTB Ti plates
You might want to clarify. Some readers will think "plate" as in dinner plate. Others will think "plate" as a thick rectangle of metal. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Ti plates
March 15, 11:24am

Sportline
You might check into the Sportline heart rate watches. I won't claim that they are the best in the world, but I have one that worked fine for 11 months. Then "the button" disappear...

In GEAR » Which heart rate monitor
March 13, 6:19pm

the bear photo
I'm guessing that was not a staged photo. --B.G.--

In Chaff » The answer to that age old question
March 12, 2:45pm

Cottonwood Canyon
At the last time that I day hiked there in mid-March, it was warm but not hot. I hiked 16 miles RT that day, starting at 8 a.m. I had assumed that 2.5 quarts of water would be plenty. However, by ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Going to Vegas, Death valley or Lake Mead
March 12, 1:29pm

Re: Great bags
Rob, the Swallow was the same named model that I purchased in the early 1980's. Of course this new one probably has better down and minor feature changes. I hope you get as much good service ou...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Sleeping Bags
March 11, 8:08pm

Re: Ankle Weights? Re: training
I have a whole pile of ankle weights that I had to use following a knee injury. The one thing that I remember is that you don't want to jump directly into heavy ankle weights all at once. You n...

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 11, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.