BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11448 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: RE Rae Lakes
Sounds like no time for a side trip into Sixty Lakes Basin. Pity. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 07, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Re: aluminum bottle
Good Grief! What is the world coming to? These empty aluminum bottles are for sale on eBay for $2 each. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » 16 oz aluminum bottles
July 07, 4:56pm

Re: diluting DEET
Whenever possible, I like to avoid getting it on my skin. However, it needs some warmth to vaporize and do any good. So, I generally drop a little (directly from a bottle) along the collar and armp...

In Philosophy & Technique » Diluting Deet?
July 07, 4:50pm

Re: MODIS Map
It's too hard to sort out the white snow from the white clouds. --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Anyone travel Rae Lakes Loop? 2010
July 07, 3:29pm

Re: Woodgas Stoves
When you load the stove, try to pick dry sticks about the diameter of a pencil. Smaller, and they burn up too quickly. Larger, and sometimes they are hard to catch. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Woodgas Stoves
July 07, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Re: lighters
If I am going out in cold and wet weather, I carry at least one butane lighter inside an aluminum capsule. That is the cylinder that unscrews in the middle. That way, the lighter is kept dry. Insid...

In Philosophy & Technique » disposable lighters with visible butane level?
July 07, 12:14pm

Re: Ti
The 0.005" titanium from Titanium Goat works well. You can actually cut it with ordinary scissors, yet it has good springy strength. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » ti windscreen/wood stove
July 07, 12:08pm

Re: 2 medium fuel canisters, or 1 large (butane)
The empty 500g can weighs less than two empty 250g cans, but it isn't much less. I often take the small ones since they will pack inside my cook pot. --B.G.--

In GEAR » 2 medium fuel canisters, or 1 large
July 07, 12:29am

Re: Re: disposable lighters with visible butane level?
Roger wrote: "...the effluent wanna-bes" That's a pretty harsh thing to call Benjamin. Maybe affluent, but never effluent. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » disposable lighters with visible butane level?
July 06, 7:31pm

RE: drying berries
Should red raspberries be treated the same way? I have some piling up here, and I need to preserve them in some way before the next trip. Blanch, then dehydrate. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dehydrating blueberries $#@%
July 06, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.