BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 10379 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1038

Forum » Thread

a suggestion for Robert
I heard on the news where lots of Canadians are buying up real estate in Arizona. --B.G.--

In GEAR » New MEC
March 25, 1:59am

Roger
First, we should test Roger inside the hypobaric freezer! --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » Soto OD-1R Canister Stove Product Review
March 25, 1:57am

Re: Packing Synthetic Insulation
I assume that we are talking about packing a synthetic sleeping bag. You just don't want to pack it too tightly. As soon as you reach your camp spot, unroll it and fluff it up. When it is store...

In GEAR » Packing Synthetic Insulation
March 25, 1:49am

Re: Re: Re: Bodie
I don't even drive in the normal road during tourist season. Instead, I drive in via Cottonwood Canyon, off 167. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bodie 800+ft sierra ghost town
March 24, 2:03pm

Re: Bodie
Bodie can be a neat place to visit, but there isn't much for a serious hiker. You don't want to go there in winter, and you don't want to go there in the middle of summer (too hot). The...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bodie 800+ft sierra ghost town
March 24, 12:05pm

Re: Re: newbie dumb question
You know, somehow the terminology is not clear enough. Suppose that I am going out on a short trip, and I have 5 pounds of consumables plus 15 pounds of base weight (non-consumables including pa...

In GEAR » newbie dumb question
March 23, 8:24pm

MYOG bivy sack
The first bivy sack that I made was a complete disaster about 30 years ago. It was in coated nylon. The second one that I made was coated nylon bottom and Goretex top, but I made it a few inches to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a bivy sack
March 23, 12:17am

Re: Re: Mt Whitney Summit Hike: A photo essay
Linda, since you got the photo of the (purple) Sky Pilot and the (gold) Alpine Gold, your next challenge is to get one photo with them both in the same frame. Sky Pilots are normally in moist soil,...

In Photo Gallery » Mt Whitney Summit Hike: A photo essay
March 23, 12:12am

Yak wool
I have one Tibetan yak wool hand-knitted hat. By sheep wool standards, I would say that it is fairly coarse. Another similar wool is from Alaskan musk oxen. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Anyone have experience with Yak Wool?
March 22, 7:48pm

Upper Kern River?
Would that pika colony be somewhere on the Kern upstream from Wallace Creek? --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Mt Whitney Summit Hike: A photo essay
March 22, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.