BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11456 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1146

Forum » Thread

Re: hungry bears
I led a group trip in Yosemite. On a layover day, we were off hiking and one guy stayed back in camp. For afternoon siesta, he was inside his tent with the rain fly off, so all that separated him f...

In GEAR » JMT with Ursack
July 08, 4:01pm

Re: boots
I'd go with the mongoose. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommended snake proof gaiters?
July 08, 3:45pm

Re: JMT with Ursack
Let me see if I can summarize. Although it might be technically possible to do the JMT without a hard bear canister, it is likely to be impractical or more difficult or more expensive. For years...

July 08, 3:40pm

Re: raspberries
I grew up picking Missouri blackberries. The trick is trying to pick them at their ripeness to minimize the seeds. But these red raspberries I have now are kind of delicate. I might have to eat the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dehydrating blueberries $#@%
July 08, 3:30pm

Re: Whitney Zone and Whitney Day Hike
"For a dayhike up Whitney from the JMT, I do not think any one will see whether you have a cannister or not since most day hikers dump their packs beside the trail." Lots of backpacker...

July 08, 1:39pm

Re: RE Rae Lakes
I would not go so far as to say that the Sixty Lakes wildlife is amazing. I've been there twice, and both times I got some shots that the wildlife experts had to discuss. I don't know. T...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 08, 12:56am

Frankly, I would be very much interested if there was enough time for a side trip into Sixty Lakes Basin. But, I guess there isn't. I did this same loop last August, and two of us did it in ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 08, 12:18am

Re: Canisters
For me, estimating fuel usage depends a lot on the weather forecast. In cool weather, there is more heat lost in cooking, plus the human needs more hot liquids. I figure that it is better to tak...

In GEAR » 2 medium fuel canisters, or 1 large
July 08, 12:11am

Sounds like no time for a side trip into Sixty Lakes Basin. Pity. --B.G.--

July 07, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Re: aluminum bottle
Good Grief! What is the world coming to? These empty aluminum bottles are for sale on eBay for $2 each. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » 16 oz aluminum bottles
July 07, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.