BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11214 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1122

Forum » Thread

Re: More info
Do you burn unleaded gasoline in the Whisperlite? Or just White gas? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Winter Canister/Multifuel stove suggestions
June 12, 9:27pm

Re: Trailside video photography
Note: This is not a dead cat. --B.G.--

In Photography » Trailside video photography
June 12, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reflectix
They don't seem to be very slippery, once my body weight is compressing them slightly. I won't make any claims about long-term durability. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflectix
June 12, 9:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Reflectix
Ken, to avoid much water intrusion, I applied some seam sealer to the edges of the Reflectix. There is no sewing, so water can't move vertically. I have several brands of boots. I don't ...

June 12, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Reflectix
From what I can tell, nothing like water or soap or grunge will penetrate the Reflectix. I suppose that it is possible for me to rip the insoles out of my boots, but I don't see the sense in...

June 12, 7:08pm

Trailside video photography
First of all, I have to state that I am a still photographer, and wildlife takes a lot of my time. My first still+video camera is due for delivery within a couple of days, so I expect to be up to t...

In Photography » Trailside video photography
June 12, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: duct tape!
$4.00 for 100 inches of duct tape? I'm too cheap for that. --B.G.--

In GEAR » duct tape!
June 12, 4:29pm

Re: losing stickiness
I won't claim to the the king of duct tape, but I have certainly used my share of it over the years. If you wind the duct tape on tightly, it will tend to stick to itself more. If you wind i...

In GEAR » duct tape!
June 12, 2:23pm

Re: Re: Reflectix
You duct tape your feet? Or, you use duct tape to hold two pieces of stuff together? I didn't want to put much duct tape in there because it would add a lot of weight, and also it will c...

June 12, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: July 1982 Issue of Backpacker Magazine - Superlight Revolution
Yes, Ken. That article was written back in the day when Backpacker still had its credibility. That was back when I still subscribed. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » July 1982 Issue of Backpacker Magazine - Superlight Revolution
June 12, 2:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.