BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9721 - 9730 of 11158 | Page: 1 ...964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ...1116

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Diff. between canon g11 and s90
Jeff, I know what you mean about Shasta. I had to go through that same decision process many times for Shasta. What I ended up doing was to shoot a few good shots of the mountain from the trailhead...

In Photography » Diff. between canon g11 and s90
June 10, 11:12am

Re: If you were to make a Cuben rain jacket...
If you are going to design a rain jacket, it ought to be a hooded rain jacket. Drawstring with cord lock around the face opening. Velcro flap over the zipper. A bit of elastic around the bottom edg...

In Make Your Own Gear » If you were to make a Cuben rain jacket...
June 10, 11:03am

Re: Re: Diff. between canon g11 and s90
That is one reason why Canon makes their own CMOS sensors and their own DIGIC processors. They can plan their camera features (like hi-def video) in advance and not be dependent on Sony or somebody...

In Photography » Diff. between canon g11 and s90
June 10, 10:56am

Fuel filters?
You know how the fuel filter on a car works? On many of them, as long as you have normal gasoline running through it, it works. If you get water contaminating the fuel, the water causes the filter ...

In GEAR » Sweetwater Microfilter VS Katadyn Hiker?
June 10, 10:52am

Re: Re: Re: Mount Whitney area dayhike?
If you intend to go to the top of Whitney, you must have the right permit, and I'm sorry that you made some poor assumptions. I don't think that there are any Mount Whitney guidebooks that ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Mount Whitney area dayhike?
June 10, 10:28am

Re: Re: The Superlight Challenge
A lot of the gear on those lists was some prototype made specifically for this purpose. So, it is unlikely that you are going to find much of it still floating around. Immediately after reading ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » July 1982 Issue of Backpacker Magazine - Superlight Revolution
June 10, 10:00am

Re: Mount Whitney area dayhike?
The simple dayhike is on the Mount Whitney Trail. Anybody is allowed to hike up to Lone Pine Lake without any permit. Just beyond that lake, you would enter the wilderness zone and permits are chec...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Mount Whitney area dayhike?
June 10, 9:55am

fine minds think alike
My new Canon 7D is due for delivery in a few days. The Lowepro AWxx cases are good for just about any weather. For many thru-hikers, they are on the trail and moving from sunrise to sunset, so t...

In GEAR » Lightweight backpacks
June 10, 2:02am

Re: pack weight
There are others who have expressed the preference to carry their DSLR camera that same way. I prefer to have the two separate. I hate having a camera bouncing on my chest. I want to be able to ...

In GEAR » Lightweight backpacks
June 10, 1:21am

Re: re trip
A couple of years ago in October, we had two groups of hikers. One group started from Roads End on Saturday morning, and they got to Onion Valley by the evening. I was in a group that started at On...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Nor Cal BPL Meetup 6/5 to 6/6
June 10, 1:17am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.