Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 961 - 970 of 1777 | Page: 1 ...88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ...178

Forum » Thread

weights
I read an article a while back, about an old american coach that trains some Kenyan runners in their village. When asked why they were so dominant, he answered "because they have never even s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
March 02, 12:12am

cuben
he compares 1.35 silnylon to 0.51 cuben, a factor of 2.5 x lighter material. Why doesnt he compare it to 0.74 or 1.0 or 1.4 cuben? Because he would look foolish, thats why. Those materials, alth...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 01, 8:53pm

pad
Ive used just my GG 1/8" under my legs down into the upper 20s without issue with a quilt. Even with an inflatable, always good to have some form of CCF for a backup in case of failure. Al...

In GEAR » Ultralight Closed-Cell Foam Mat?
March 01, 8:45pm

Early April
You could have beautiful sunny mild days, a week of dreary cold rain, a 18" dump of snow that strands you, or overnight temps that plummet to single digits in early April at the higher elevat...

In Gear Lists » Srping trip to GSMNP 6 days 5 nights
March 01, 8:01pm

spring
What is your definition of spring? The smokies can still get snow in May. Need to be prepared for almost anything up till end of May. April can see very cold temps and snow. I think you need ...

In Gear Lists » Srping trip to GSMNP 6 days 5 nights
March 01, 6:08pm

MH speed
Good review. This bag has been on market quite a while now. Overpriced for much of it, but its starting to appear on sale now for reasonable prices , IMO. One of my frequent complaints as well....

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Hardwear Speed 32 Sleeping Bag Review
March 01, 2:37am

sold
Sorry, this was sold a while back. Thanks

In Gear Swap » ULA Circuit - Small w/Small belt. Adjustable torso
March 01, 2:15am

thin pad
I have a a Gossamer Gear 1/8 x 60 pad, weighs ~ 2.5 oz

In GEAR » Ultralight Closed-Cell Foam Mat?
March 01, 2:08am

very light powerdry -like baselayers - under armour
In search of new baselayer. I was looking at the stuff Cabelas had recently . Heavy, heavy. Stumbled into the Under Armour display. Basegear 2.0. Box felt light. Took it out, ridiculously ligh...

In GEAR » very light powerdry baselayers - under armour
February 28, 3:23pm

rubber bands
While I dont share the unhealthy pre-occupation with rubber bands that apparently some others do, I use them a lot too. Each weighs 0.04 oz, and get included in my spreadsheet. They take the place ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rubber band.....rubber band man.
February 23, 5:35pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm