Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 961 - 970 of 1855 | Page: 1 ...88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ...186

Forum » Thread

tyvek
The majority of AT hikers that stay in shelters use a ~3x7 piece of tyvek under them there, even though many dont use anything under their tent.

In GEAR » Does anone still use tyvek as a ground cloth?
April 19, 3:08pm

bushwack
dont even think about bushwacking in them, unless its wide open spaces. Definitely not in briars that grow in the woods in the southeast US.

In GEAR » Current Driducks Sizing
April 19, 12:01pm

driducks.
They are loose. But there is a reason. You need to be able to move, without stressing them. IF YOU PUT STRESS ON THEM, THEY WILL RIP APART read that again. I am 5-9, 155 lbs , I use medi...

In GEAR » Current Driducks Sizing
April 19, 9:38am

compass
Like this? 0.4 oz. I wouldnt use it for serious bushwacking, but for emergency use when staying on trail, to find trail if you get off it accidentally, its fine.

In GEAR » looking for decent 1/2 oz compass
April 18, 8:15pm

aluminum foil
Lots of food and other items seem to be supplied in packaging with aluminum foil liner as well. I have always figured that cut down on permeation. Tuna Toothpaste etc. I made the mistake o...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 18, 5:52pm

headlamp
well , they are tied together somewhat You are trying to save weight, there are other options Many like the fenix LD01, just clip on hat bill Some like photons with hat clip, or velcro dot to ...

In GEAR » The way to leave your headlamp band at home
April 18, 5:48am

FAK
Repair kit - duct tape and dental floss in FAK FAK - bandaids, butterfly sutures, 2x2 gauze, 6' duct tape, triple antibiotic packets, alcohol wipes, ibuprofen, tylenol, loperamide, bena...

In GEAR » Misc. Gear & Weight
April 17, 4:35pm

groundsheet
the twin groundsheet is 4.3 oz And without a groundsheet of some type you will by lying in the mud if it has rained The lightest you can do for a groundsheet would be about 1.5 oz polycryo or spa...

In Multiple Use Gear » Cuben groundsheet for Hexamid Twin
April 15, 8:21pm

lower
zip offs are definitely heavier But they do have function. Cargo pockets are great for carrying items you frequently need. Camera, map,guidebook pages, etc. If you keep camera in pack or hi...

In GEAR » Lower Body Clothing System
April 15, 6:12pm

cookware
solo cookset: Zelph 2 cup flat bottom foster pot w/lid - 1.1 oz tealight cup stove - 0.15 oz Hardware cloth pot stand - 0.22 oz Al flashing windscreen - 0.45 oz Total stove wt - 1.93 oz ...

In GEAR » Need help lightening my cookware weight
April 14, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm