Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 961 - 970 of 1924 | Page: 1 ...88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ...193

Forum » Thread

$ items
Dont forget that free shipping, and points offered by some retailers amount effectively to a nice discount. Use rebate thru MrRebates or other sites as well for more. You just may need to wait unti...

In GEAR » For People Wanting to Upgrade A Piece of Their Big 3 More Cheaply:
May 23, 6:32pm

no case
You are going to die, no matter what. Wood smoke from campfires, is likely negligible compared to other risk factors in your environment.

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 22, 3:56pm

psyching
Your just excited, and a bit apprehensive. Once you start, all will be good. Like you said, you are prepared, so relax.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Psyching myself out
May 21, 6:11pm

things that chew your face off in the night
You cannot live your life afraid of one-in-a-million things happening. Hedge your odds by following best protocols when needed, then relax. If its going to happen, its going to happen.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 21, 5:53pm

bend
Lawsons Ti stakes are bent so the apex of the bend is inline with the shaft for that reason.

In GEAR » stakes suitable for very, very -hard compacted dirt surface.
May 19, 9:34pm

or rocks
rocks work pretty good when ground is too hard for a stake Put a stick thru the loop on end of guyline Lay it on ground, put rock on top of it.

In GEAR » stakes suitable for very, very -hard compacted dirt surface.
May 19, 9:13pm

net
I will second Peters. He designed the ones BPL used to sell too I believe O.3 oz. Black is less annoying to look thru and have in front of your face than any other color.

In GEAR » head net
May 19, 6:57pm

hood
Ive got a goosefeet hood. It actually weighs 1.6 oz, not the claimed weight. That said, Ive never used the down hood yet. Down to mid 20s, I wear my fleece hoody, over a fleece beanie, and hav...

In GEAR » Hooded down jacket or separate hood?
May 19, 4:26pm

neoair
When you weigh the xlite, you are probably weighing some documentation and repair kit that is all rolled up inside it inside the stuffsak?. My xlite weighs 12.6 oz without the stuffsak. The x...

In GEAR » The holy grail of sleeping pads: NeoAir Xtherm or Exped Synmat UL?
May 19, 3:58pm

WTB medium circuit / small belt
Looking for a medium circuit / small belt. I was going to buy another one (already have one) for my son for Philmont since he outgrew his small circuit quickly. But dang , now Im afraid he ...

In Gear Swap » WTB medium circuit / small belt
May 19, 2:53pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm