Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9561 - 9570 of 10246 | Page: 1 ...948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 ...1025

Forum » Thread

Re: TorsoLite improvements
Speaking of MontBell, I've been wanting to try their inflatable pillow. From what I hear, it's a terrific UL inflatable pillow. Unfortunately, it's always sold out! :(

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad as Backpac frame
December 10, 10:09pm

Ultimate Tent Recommendation!!!
Hey, I have a Texsport ... oh wait, never mind! :)

In GEAR » Rainbow versus Rainbow 2, thoughts?
December 10, 5:30pm

Re: Camping with Kid
Interesting to see what Ford will outgrow first: the tent or tenting with mom??? Sarah: I wouldn't worry about buying "extra space" for Ford to grow into -- not just because of m...

In GEAR » Rainbow versus Rainbow 2, thoughts?
December 10, 2:00am

Re: SMD product durability
I've read about both good and sloppy workmanship re. SMD -- however, mostly good and only a handful about "loose stitchings". In my own case, I found my Lunar Solo tent very well m...

In GEAR » SMD product durability
December 09, 11:54pm

Re: Help Me Replace My UL Windshirt
Thanks, Mitchell. I am looking for something with full zip; I'll look into Patagonia and see if they have the equivalent in full zip.

In GEAR » Your Choice of UL Windshirt?
December 09, 8:27pm

Re: Wisp & Ether Windshirts
Roger and Ryan: Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I did read DWR; I wrote PU coating -- more as wishful thinking than anything else, I suppose. Shawn - Thanks for sharing your experience wit...

December 09, 10:51am

Also, can anyone comment on the breathability of the current GoLite Wisp HP fabric -- either in relation to the pre-2005 Wisp, or to the Montane? Ryan? Verber? Anyone? Thanks again.

December 08, 7:30pm

Thanks, gentlemen -- I will look into the Montane and Patagonia. But Ryan also got me thinking about whether I can do the same with my GoLite Helios -- i.e. improve breathability by washing the ...

December 08, 7:02pm

Marmot Ion
Mountain Gear has Marmot Ion's on sale -- if anyone is looking for size L in either Electric or Black. http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/CMP/KNC-97950/cmpn/97950/store/...

In GEAR » Marmot Ion-discontinued?
December 08, 5:32pm

Help Me Replace My UL Windshirt
I have a 2004 GoLite UL windshirt (the Helios) which is as light and as breathable as plastic food wrap. I am looking for an upgrade -- meaning REAL breathability for hikes at moderate humidity ...

December 08, 5:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am