Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9561 - 9570 of 9664 | Page: 1 ...948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967

Forum » Thread

Re: Confused on sleeping bags ratings and weight
While reading and analyzing on your own, you might also want to describe your type of hiking/camping (e.g. car camping or backpacking, three season or four season, etc.), your height and weight, ho...

In GEAR » Confused on sleeping bags ratings and weight
September 19, 10:00pm

Re: Confused on sleeping bags ratings and weight
The higher the "fill power" of the down, the less is needed to achieve a given warmth. Thus, everything else being equal, a 900fp bag will be more efficient -- and ligher weight -- than a 600fp ba...

In GEAR » Confused on sleeping bags ratings and weight
September 19, 9:56pm

Re: Re: woollite no good
Paul, thanks for the research and clarification!

In GEAR » Woolite for washing DWR?
September 12, 11:51am

Re: Re: Re: UL Tent: Big Agnes SL2 vs Big Sky Evolution 2P?
Good point, Paul.

In GEAR » UL Tent: Big Agnes SL2 vs Big Sky Evolution 2P?
September 08, 10:14am

Re: UL Tent: Big Agnes SL2 vs Big Sky Evolution 2P?
I wouldn't worry about the waterproofness of silnylon -- once the seams are properly sealed. I have a Lunar Solo, and when we had the torrential rains earlier this year in southern Cal., the tent ...

September 08, 12:06am

If you feel strongly against coming into contact with condensation, then you should probably veer toward "double wall" tents (like the Big Sky Evolution 2) and away from any single wall tent (like ...

September 07, 10:33am

Re: Re: UL Tent: Big Agnes SL2 vs Big Sky Evolution 2P?
Given that OP seems to share my bias against overly cramped space... I mentioned above that IMHO, the Seedhouse 2 SL is rather suboptimal for two (i.e. it's do-able, but cramped). Well, the Lun...

September 07, 1:20am

I own a BA Seedhouse 2 SL and love it -- but always for solo use! I too crave space and comfort, and this tent strikes the right balance in terms of ample space (for one), light weight, and excell...

September 07, 12:17am

Re: Granite Gear Air Sacks
Thanks! Just bought a couple online. :)

In Gear Deals » Granite Gear Air Sacks
September 04, 3:44pm

Re: new and needing guidance
Rob: I highly recommend that you buy an electronic scale. Many on Ebay are very reasonably priced. This is the model I have: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-35LB-Postal-Digital-Scale-Shipping-Posta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » new and needing guidance
August 29, 11:58am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am