BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9521 - 9530 of 9660 | Page: 1 ...944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ...966

Forum » Thread

Re: Water collection
Until just last week, I used to use cheap plastic water bottles (bottled water you buy in any supermarket). Getting water was easy. You squeeze the bottle, then you place it in the pool of water ...

In GEAR » Water collection
October 17, 9:54am

Re: New SMD Pack
I find the dual "recommended load limitations" quite confusing: Base weight - 12 lbs or less Max weight - 30 lbs or less Why such a large difference? Assuming the pack can carry 30 lbs. res...

In GEAR » New SMD Pack
October 16, 2:41pm

Re: Treking Pole Length advice
Yes, one can put the poles in a long cardboard tube and check it in for the flight. But once you've arrived, it's impractical to carry the tube with you on your hikes... and if you throw the tube ...

In GEAR » Treking Pole Length advice
October 14, 4:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Treking Pole Length advice
What's with all these metric measurements??? Anyway, the Gossamer Lightrek poles that Christopher referred to above are much lighter -- just 4.2 oz or 119 grams a pair. But Christopher, since...

October 14, 2:50pm

Re: Treking Pole Length advice
So the length from floor to just above the top of your hand with your elbow parallel to the floor is 110 cm. Then the pole itself should be "a tad" longer to account for the top part of the pole h...

October 14, 12:06pm

Re: I want Ryan's McHale pack!
No experience, but the Six Moon Designs Comet seems to fit the bill -- and has gotten good reviews on backpackinglight.com (subscription required though).

In GEAR » I want Ryan's McHale pack!
October 13, 10:05pm

BEST TENT ON SALE!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Argos-Pro-Action-Sydney-1-man-Tent-Classic-Design_W0QQitemZ8706890812QQcategoryZ36118QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem] Be sure to read the desciption AND the...

In Gear Swap » BEST TENT ON SALE!!!!!
October 12, 9:15am

Re: Golite Ether hood size
I have Driducks and Golite Helios -- both in Medium. Both hoods are comparable, with the Helios hood a tiny, tiny bit bigger. If the Large size Driducks hood is too small for you, I would assum...

In GEAR » Golite Ether hood size
October 09, 11:18pm

Re: Sale on REI Gimme Shelter - worth it?
No direct experience, but this thing is brand new for 2005 and it's already selling at less than half price! Likely that few are enamored and even fewer are buying. Price is important but consi...

In GEAR » Sale on REI Gimme Shelter - worth it?
October 09, 3:19pm

Re: Layering of clothes/Windshirt
Like Mark, I too treat my windshirt like a shell layer -- used when it's not too cold or rainy.

In GEAR » Layering of clothes/Windshirt
October 09, 9:53am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am