Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9521 - 9530 of 10280 | Page: 1 ...944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ...1028

Forum » Thread

Re: 800-fill Montbell bags?/Spring07
There's usually a time lag between product introduction in Japan vs. the US. Wonder how long? Maybe in time for Fall/Winter 2007??

In GEAR » 800-fill Montbell bags?
December 25, 8:41pm

Re: Question re. Platypus
Shai: As far as I know, Cambelbak, MSR and Platypus all have tubes with different diameters! So, unless you do some re-config with aquarium tube connectors, etc. -- I don't think you can st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What hydration system do you use?
December 25, 1:46pm

Converting Water Bottle to Hydration System
I've found that the Platypus drinking tube assembly fits many narrow-mouth supermarket water bottles! I've tried these two methods with success: 1. Simply screw on the tubing ass...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What hydration system do you use?
December 24, 10:16am

Re: Just Got My Marmot Ion
Thanks, Richard. As far as this hopelessly near-sighted owner can tell... it looks like UL ripstop nylon to me. I can breathe through the fabric noticeably more easily than through my GoLite ...

In GEAR » Marmot Ion vs. Patagonia Houdini
December 23, 6:03pm

Just Got My Marmot Ion
I like the blue color very much. The jacket is as light as advertised. The size L is actually a bit smaller than all my size M apparels! Nothing on the jacket or the tags mention anything ab...

December 23, 5:47pm

Re: New toy!
Well then -- expand your hiking horizon, plug in some Southern Cal coordinates and come on down! :)

In GEAR » New toy!
December 23, 12:59pm

Re: stripes
Denis: That's a lot of floor to coat, and doesn't provide much protection at all. If there're things (think cactus or maybe even pine) sharp enough to poke through the floor, a coat...

In GEAR » Big Sky shelters --- who has ordered? who got their's?
December 23, 12:15pm

No Houdini Magic for Ben
James - If online package tracking is to be believed, my Marmot Ion should be delivered TODAY. I'll let you know. Richard - dang, where were you when I posted this question 3 days ago? :) ...

December 23, 11:04am

Re: Marmot Ion vs. Patagonia Houdini
James: What year is your GoLite Ether? Is it pre-2005 -- made with Wisp material with a PU coating inside, or is it 2005 or later -- with Wisp HP material and no PU coating inside? I am aski...

December 23, 10:03am

That was quick. Thanks, Rick.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Annoying Ads
December 22, 12:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am