BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9521 - 9530 of 9603 | Page: 1 ...942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961

Forum » Thread

Re: How do you UL ?
My weakness -- an inflatable pillow (6 oz.). I've tried stuffing clothes, etc. but at the end, I NEED my pillow in order to sleep.

In Gear Lists » How do you UL ?
July 28, 12:20am

Welcome Back
Hi Carol: I already have an Excel spreadsheet. Thanks! Earlier, I was just wondering when you didn't respond to the many people who requested your ever-popular spreadsheet. Good to know tha...

In GEAR » Excel Gear Spreadsheet
July 28, 12:17am

Re: Ultralight insulating jacket
I second the Montbell Thermawrap!

In GEAR » Ultralight insulating jacket
July 26, 2:01pm

Re: Re: Excel Gear Spreadsheet
Curious... has anyone who requested a spreadsheet here received one from Carol? Just thought it would be good to know, as folks are continuing to post their email addresses here...

In GEAR » Excel Gear Spreadsheet
July 24, 3:28pm

Re: synthetic briefs
I too wear 100% cotton when at home. However, I wear synthetics when traveling -- for their quick-drying property. This is what I have, and I recommend them highly (feels practically like cotton)...

In GEAR » synthetic briefs
July 22, 9:26am

Re: Anti-Lightweight prejudice?
I have come across UL hikers who seem to think that cutting weight is the key to everything.... Maybe (just maybe) the guy shaking his head at you just assumed that you were one of those??? It'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anti-Lightweight prejudice?
July 18, 11:56am

Re: 3 Season Tents for 4 Season Use
You'll probably get more response if you post your question in the G Spot forum.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » 3 Season Tents for 4 Season Use
July 16, 12:58am

Re: which tent to get
Stuart Shahan: This thing is now five pages long! Are you still reading any of it? :) Surely you have purchased your tent by now? Curious, what did you finally decide on?

In GEAR » which tent to get
July 14, 10:26pm

Re: eureka spitfire?
No experience with this model, but my old Eureka Backcountry Solo's weight was understated by quite a few ounces. I would almost expect the Spitfire to exceed 3 pounds. For a bit over 3 pounds,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for light solo tent: your help needed
July 08, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Latin proverbs to climb by
Mike and Paul: Thanks for your answers. I "need" to get one of those. Off to Ebay... :)

In GEAR » which tent to get
June 30, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am