Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9521 - 9530 of 9984 | Page: 1 ...944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ...999

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Panel Loader Theory and Ideas
Brian: If you are indeed interested in panel loaders, I highly recommend that you give the MS Ghost an actual try out (on sale at Sierra Trading Post) and see what you can incorporate into your ...

In GEAR » Panel Loader Theory and Ideas
June 29, 9:55am

Re: Panel Loader Theory and Ideas
Brian: I have two backpacks: a panel-loading Mountainsmith Ghost and a top-loading GoLite Dawn. While I much prefer panel loading, I can easily live with either. Just about the ONLY type of p...

In GEAR » Panel Loader Theory and Ideas
June 29, 9:38am

Re: Re: Bottle filters and justdrink.net
Joseph: I was thinking exactly the same thing! Wouldn't it be nice to scoop one bottle of water, squeeze it through the filter to a second bottle, then scoop again. Voila, one bottle already f...

In GEAR » Bottle filters and justdrink.net
June 28, 3:57pm

Re: Re: Summit Shelters - one person's saga
I played around with the tent -- setting up and taking down -- quite a few times in the course of a few days (new toy syndrome). The CF poles weren't any different than aluminum -- just thinner an...

In GEAR » Summit Shelters
June 28, 3:51pm

Re: Summit Shelters - one person's saga
Jen: I have tested an Evolution 1P with CF poles. From my own experience, I highly recommend that you replace it with aluminum and not with another CF.

In GEAR » Summit Shelters
June 28, 2:37pm

MS Ghost
The pack fabric is quite robust actually, and looks completely new even now. Thus far, the only sign of wear is in the mesh-like padding material of the hipbelt. Nothing significant, the padding ...

In GEAR » UL Internal Frame Pack: Mountainsmith Ghost v Granite Gear Vapor Trail vs Others
June 28, 10:23am

Re: Question for Ben RE: Ghost
"Ben - I know that you're a huge fan of your Ghost. Is yours the "blue" or "gold" model?" Oh oh, maybe I am singing its praises a few times too often... Mine is "bronze" color, purchased in 200...

In GEAR » UL Internal Frame Pack: Mountainsmith Ghost v Granite Gear Vapor Trail vs Others
June 28, 9:42am

Re: Gore Tex jacket failure
Three likely reasons. 1. Hiking in the summer rain, and especially carrying a backpack, most likely, your partner generated a lot of sweat and overwhelmed the jacket's ability to "breath out" t...

In GEAR » Gore Tex jacket failure
June 25, 9:43pm

Re: Zippers Opening Randomly
The zipper on my Ghost is water resistant and requires a bit of force to open/close. I've never had problems with it "opening randomly". It just isn't anywhere near that loose! I have tried othe...

June 24, 8:25am

Re: UL Internal Frame Pack: Mountainsmith Ghost v Granite Gear Vapor Trail vs Others
These two packs were the "finalists" back when I was shopping for a lightweight pack, so I'll share my views -- with the caveat that fit/comfort/features are all personal, so YMMV. I found the V...

June 23, 5:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am