BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 951 - 960 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ...111

Forum » Thread

What's my problem...
In my younger years I spent quite a lot of time around Black Bears and actually became quite complacent about them being around. Over the years I have developed a healthy respect for our furry frie...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whats my problem
January 29, 2:10pm

Black Bears and fighting back...
In response to the original question regarding the knife, I would encourage you to make your first line of defense a can of bear spray if you are in known bear territory. After a couple of clo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Black Bears and fighting back
January 29, 1:54am

GTX shoes...
I wear both the Merrell Moab Ventilator and the Merrell Moab Gortex. Same shoe but one has a Gortex liner and the other breathes well. I thought I'd give them both a try and am still tryi...

In GEAR » Waterproof Shoe Questions
January 27, 7:11pm

Breathable Windshirt...
I have the Montane Featherlite Smock which is the same design as the Litespeed but without the hood. My XL weighs 4.4 oz. and fits my 6 ft, 195 lb frame with ease (enough room for an insulation lay...

In GEAR » Breathable windshirts?
January 24, 1:49am

Stuff sacks...
I use four. An Outdoor Research Hydroseal dry sack for my down bag which I over compress to the extreme. I'm prepared to replace it every few years if it starts to lose it's insulati...

In GEAR » How many stuff sacks just right for 3 season? Best material, make
January 23, 9:42pm

First aid kit...
Like Chad, I also carry a part roll of athletic tape. If I could only carry one item, it would be the athletic tape (even though it's the heaviest item in my kit). I carry enough to tape an ank...

In GEAR » Tiny first aid kit
January 18, 1:55am

Question for solo double wall tent users...
I've found that sleeping in very narrow mummy bags has made me very conscious of pressure points. I'm more likely to develop cold spots from pressing too tightly from inside the bag (elbows...

In GEAR » Question for solo double wall tent users
January 17, 1:34am

Lantern choice...
I wouldn't let the weight of the igniter influence your decision. The weight difference of identical Primus stoves with/without the igniter is about half an oz. The weight of the igniter on the...

In GEAR » lantern choice
January 17, 12:57am

Re: Lightweight Stove
I agree that the Primus Micron is worth a look, it's been a really good stove. Unfortunately, Primus has replaced the standard (non-titanium) model with the Primus Express. The Express seem...

In GEAR » Lightweight Stove
January 09, 1:07am

base + MB inner + rain jacket
I add a MB U.L. Down Inner Vest over my Thermawrap to extend the range down to freezing temps. My arms will feel the cold but I will be comfortable. I also find that adding rain pants really adds s...

In GEAR » base + MB inner + rain jacket = ? (min temp)
January 08, 12:50am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm