BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 951 - 960 of 1170 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Int.Desg. eVENT Jacket $170 or Large in trade
Hey Brett, I saw this jacket before you did and almost grabed it. Then I saw that I would be between a large to XL. Nice jacket though. Good luck selling it.

In Gear Swap » Int.Desg. eVENT Jacket $170 or Large in trade
March 30, 11:42am

Re: Re: thinlight
I wrap my thinlight around the hardest and or heaviest items in my pack, usualy my food. That way with the extra cushion, I can put those items at the bottom inside of the pack for a better balanc...

In GEAR » GG Torso Pad
March 29, 11:14pm

Re: Re: OK, Now I'm Confused
Alright, I went ahead and sacrificed a 1' square perfectly even piece of the Climashield XP to weigh it. It comes in right at 6.0 grams. Multiply by 9 and you get 1.9 ounces per yard. Why...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
March 29, 11:08pm

Re: OK, Now I'm Confused
I am very impressed with the actual weight of the Climashield. I have made identical pieces, (insulated bottoms) of gear with the 1.8 ounce Primaloft Sport and the 2.5 ounce Climashield XP. The P...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
March 29, 10:48pm

Re: Mt Whitney Jkt + Nunatak AT style quilt
Hey Adam, Looks like some great projects you've got there. Having a separate system can be an advantage that the bottom half can be a much better fit with less material. the best way to help...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone completed the down jacket kit from Thru-Hiker?
March 29, 10:25pm

Re: Synthetic Fill
I second the Climashield. It is much lighter than the 2.5 ounces per yard claimed and the thickness is a good .75". The only bad thing is it clumps in some spots. I guess the company is ...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
March 29, 2:35pm

Re: Quilt Q
Hey Blue Man, I just talked to Ayce on the phone today. Fresh off the oven, (I have 5 yards of it), is a better quality Climashield. The scoop is the Clo should be right at 2.0 and the material ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Q
March 28, 11:04pm

Re: WTB: Adjustable Carbon Fiber Pole
Hey John, The Life-Link Carbon Race Poles extend to 58". This length is the max length to support your weight while hiking. There is still a few extra inches that the pole can extend that ...

In Gear Deals » WTB: Adjustable Carbon Fiber Pole
March 27, 1:02pm

Re: Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
Hey Brian, You'll have to excuse my answer as I am more into the basics than over-kill. First of all, I hope you are going to be camping at a lake or some where with something to do. After...

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
March 26, 10:51pm

Re: re:Gabe's Gear list
Yes, Yes Improving on the gear list would be good, but please include ounces so all of us Westerners can make since of it.

In Gear Lists » Gabe's Gear list
March 26, 10:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm