BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 951 - 960 of 1303 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ...131

Forum » Thread

Re: Cocoon Conundrum
I just love how everyone trying to go SUL insists that they can follow a chart to keep them warm. Effective Temp Sleeping Light Work Heavy Work +40F 1.5" 0.8" 0.2" +20F 2.0"...

In GEAR » Cocoon Conundrum
October 28, 11:37am

Re: Synthetic/Down hybrids
How about making a quilt with Prequilted Primaloft One on the top and only stitch it to the outside edges of the quilt. Then sew the baffles on the bottom of the Prequilt and the bottom section ...

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 27, 11:07am

RE: The 10 Essentials
1. Map 2. Compass (optionally supplemented with a GPS receiver) 3. Sunglasses and sunscreen 4. Extra food and water 5. Extra clothes 6. Headlamp/flashlight 7. First aid kit 8. Fire starter ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
October 27, 10:55am

Back to the wish list
Back to the wish list. A running over-night pack has been first on the list forever. Heavily padded and durable, but without the back pad every other pack insists on putting in doubling the weigh...

October 23, 10:04pm

Re: eVent poncho
Hey everyone, This may be what everyone has been thinking about with the Event leakage. The below came out withing the past few weeks: ______________________________________________________ ...

October 22, 3:17pm

Re: Help! My wife still too cold.
Alright, my 2 cents. You don't need to shell out the money for another sleeping bag. The most important thing to do is to keep the extremities warm. If her head or feet are cold the rest o...

In GEAR » Help! My wife still too cold.
October 18, 10:02pm

Re: How Much Money Have You Spent On Gear
MYOG saving money, maybe, but if you're spend the extra $$$ for the litest material and highest loft you start getting into spending a lot more than you want to. I know I've paid for mor...

In Gear Lists » How Much Money Have You Spent On Gear
October 13, 6:44pm

Re: "Home made 0 degree quilt?"
Alright, I thought this post would just die off like it seems all good posts have been lately. I've finished my 2lb quilt and it is sweet! It has just under 4 3/4" of loft and is very...

In Make Your Own Gear » Home made 0 degree quilt?
October 12, 1:20pm

Re: Re: Looking for a Down Jacket
Montbell has a brand spankin new U.L Down Inner Parka out that has a hood and only comes to 7.4 ounces. SWEET!!!

In GEAR » Looking for a Down Jacket
October 09, 10:49pm

Re: Home made 0 degree quilt?
Hey Robert, I am in the same process you are making a 0* quilt but with Momentum and down. Acye says that the XP 5 ounce is good to 20*, although I can't imagine that being that warm of a 20*...

In Make Your Own Gear » Home made 0 degree quilt?
October 09, 10:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm