BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 951 - 960 of 1292 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ...130

Forum » Thread

Re: D'oh! Big Sierra Storm Kills Plans
Ha, Ha, I just saw this post and had to laugh. I just got back last week from Tahoe. We (4 of us), started the TRT on that Friday afternoon and had a blast. we added 14 miles by going N. on...

In Post-Trip Reports » D'oh! Big Sierra Storm Kills Plans
October 04, 7:45pm

Re: "2 LB / 0 degree quilt"
Bill, I meant a shot-out in seeing how far the quilts could get down to. Yeah, of course I remember your 5" loft quit. And I was the one who introduced you to Perpetuem, don't you rem...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2 LB / 0 degree quilt
September 13, 4:31pm

Re: 1 lb / 0 degree sleeping bag
Bill, Don't you mean your Poly-Tube Down Air Mattress? Don't tell me you're going commercial. We'll have to have a shot-out. I'm guessing 3 ounces of Cubin fiber and 2 1/4...

September 11, 10:33pm

Re: 2 LB / 0 degree quilt
Richard, Thank's for the info. I am looking at 5" on top and 2 1/2" on the bottom portion. The foot box however will be a full 5" top and bottom. I may even need to make ...

September 11, 7:28pm

2 LB / 0 degree quilt
Hello all, I just got the goods to attempt a project to the extreme I have never gone. I am going to make a 2 pound quilt and try to get it comparable to a zero degree bag. I know Nunatak makes ...

September 11, 6:18pm

Re: Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95
These are probably from the first batch that had the weak upper cloth. Unless you are doing anything other than light trail hiking, I would strongly not recomend getting these. The new batch ou...

In Gear Deals » Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95
September 11, 5:56pm

Re: Re: I don't have a CLO what this means!
It's weird how all of Richard's charts go in strait lines, (meaning they should be easy to understand)??? I wonder how many mets I'm burning while you're trying to figure out you...

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 06, 10:50pm

Re: Tested out the Cuben Hybrid Mid last week!
Kevin, By adding the carbon poles in the corners you would be able to trust the lighter stakes.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tested out the Cuben Hybrid Mid last week!
September 06, 10:29pm

Re: Can't find it.
Melanzana is the company I was looking for. They have some nice clothing. Thanks

In GEAR » Can't find it.
September 06, 5:09pm

Can't find it.
I have been searching all over BPL with mutipile searches and came up dry. About 2 1/2 to 4 weeks ago I came across a post about hoodies and some one posted a differnt option for a company that ...

In GEAR » Can't find it.
September 05, 10:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm