Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 951 - 960 of 1368 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ...137

Forum » Thread

Wait just one minute!
First you want to know my Personality Profile then my Avatar and now what I do for a living. What's next? Just kidding. What I do, is NOT MY JOB. My job is just my work and what I do fo...

In Chaff » What do you do for a living
January 14, 6:10pm

Re: GoLite Ultra 20 loft?
Hey Allison, This was just discused. The loft is in bag form, (for both layers). Their 5" for both layers, (for a bag). Here is the previous discussion: http://www.backpackinglight.co...

In GEAR » GoLite Ultra 20 loft?
January 14, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Sleeping Bag or Quilt - When Weight & Loft are the Same!
You also have to remember that a bag has a top and bottom to it. Where the quilt is evenly filled throughout, the bag probably has less loft on the bottom. You can still have the same loft due ...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 14, 1:21pm

Re: Re: Anybody hike w/ Salomon S-Lab XA Pro 3 boots?
Here ya go. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/8943/index.html?skip_to_post=64522#64522

In GEAR » Anybody hike wearing Salomon S-Lab XA Pro 3 ?
January 10, 11:54pm

Re: Yes it has to say BPL on it!
Ahh, But the spoon probably does weigh .25 ounces, (with out the handle).

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Long Handled Titanium Spoon
January 10, 11:52pm

Re: 3 ounces? I don't think so.
Calm down, I was just pulling your chain. Actually the Linelite is not even a true bag, (no hood). I wouldn't get anything that is sewn through anyways. Baffles add so much warmth to ...

In GEAR » Anyone know of a hoodless sub-14 oz, 40 degree sleeping bag with full zipper?
January 10, 6:00pm

Re: Anyone know of a hoodless sub-14 oz, 40 degree sleeping bag with full zipper?
That's why we now use quilts. You take the zipper off and save another 3 ounces for a 11 ounce 40* quilt.

In GEAR » Anyone know of a hoodless sub-14 oz, 40 degree sleeping bag with full zipper?
January 10, 5:36pm

Re: 14ers
Andrew, You would probably get to know these names like they were your own children by the time you were done. In descending order: Mt. Whitney Calif. 14,4941 Mt. Elbert Colo. 14,433 ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 09, 11:13pm

Re: golite ultra 20
I don't know why Golite would claim 5" of loft. I made a 2 lb quilt to get down to 0* and it only has 4.75" of loft. I am pretty sure I can get it down to 0* too. So who out ...

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Sleeping Bags
January 09, 10:50pm

Re: re the next big trip
All right, Andrew is giving us more parameters. So now I'll 2nd a vote for the 14'ers. A single trip to bag all 73 - 14'ers in the lower 48 in one single go. I also dought tha...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 09, 3:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm