Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff McConnell

Showing 951 - 960 of 994 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100

Forum » Thread

solo cooking help
Most of my trips have been with others. I want to do some solo trips and need recommendations for light weight cookware. I cook on a penny alcohol stove (http://www.jureystudio.com/pennystove/). ...

In GEAR » solo cooking help
March 25, 7:59pm

3 season & winter pack suggestion
I'm mostly a 3 season hiker. However, I would like to get into some winter hiking next winter, most likely starting with local mtns such as San Jacinto, San Gorgornio, and Mt. Baldy. My gear ...

In GEAR » 3 season & winter pack suggestion
March 23, 1:33pm

if you make it too short again...
Bob, If you make this next one too short by accident as well, let me know. I'm only 5'5". ;)

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a bivy sack
March 23, 12:52am

using plans?
Hey Thomas, I'm actually looking to start a similar project. However, unlike you, I don't have any sewing experience. Are you using plans to make yours or are you designing it yourself...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a bivy sack
March 23, 12:00am

8x10 flat tarp
Anyone know where I can find instructions on how to make a no-frills basic 8x10 flat tarp. I'd like to use silnylon. I'm not really looking for a kit. I want to make this as low cost as ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 8x10 flat tarp
March 22, 7:14pm

MLD Grace Solo and Oware Cattarp 1.5
I'm interested in these two tarps in silnylon. From what I can tell they look very similar. Are there any significant differences between the two that I'm missing. Experiences with eithe...

In GEAR » MLD Grace Solo and Oware Cattarp 1.5
March 20, 3:01am

Inov8 sizing
I'm looking at ordering the shoes online and need help with sizing from those familiar with the shoes. I'm looking at the Roclite 315. I'm an 8 1/2 and normal width. For backpacking ...

In GEAR » Inov8 sizing
March 19, 4:36pm

MYOG
John, I didn't realize people made their own tarps as well. I was referring more to bivys. But, since it looks like I'll be going with the moment, it might be fun to just try and make ...

In GEAR » budget solo shelter help
March 19, 4:34pm

Leaning...
I've been leaning toward the moment. I enjoy open views but hate bugs. There will be times that I'll be above the treeline, and that would be a concern for me with a tarp setup since I do...

March 19, 2:31pm

budget solo shelter help
All of my trips up to this point have been with other people. For those trips I have been using a tent for a shelter and we just split the weight. I want to do some solo trips now and I'm try...

March 19, 1:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm