Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeffrey McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeffrey McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 951 - 960 of 1041 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Forum » Thread

Heel molding
It helped me get a better fit from my 315's. I think that might do the trick for you.

In GEAR » Any cure for my blister causing shoes?
April 20, 4:46pm

1/8"...mayber thicker?
For just the JMT, I would grab the 1/8 inch pad. It's something like $10 (once their in stock again). I think that would be good enough for the JMT. But you may want to go a little thicker i...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for the muir
April 20, 2:26pm

Special tray for sauces?
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I think I'm going to give a shot to the one John mentioned. Looks reasonably priced. Do I need a special tray for sauces?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydrator
April 19, 6:20pm

food dehydrator
I would like to start creating some meals and dehydrating food. Can you recommend some food dehydrators to look at. What should I look for in a unit?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydrator
April 17, 12:00pm

Access is restricted
Access to your spreadsheet appears to be restricted.

In Gear Lists » 9lb base weight-- suggestions welcome
April 15, 11:18pm

walmart...
Thanks for the idea Konrad. Do you know if the walmart pad soaks up water at all? I think I'll do some surgery on that pad and try it out with the clearview on a cold night and see how it works.

In GEAR » GG thinlight w/big agnes clearview
April 15, 7:08pm

blue pad
Hmmm...the blue pads (3/4 length) at REI are listed at 7.5 ounces with a R value of 1.4. Add that to the 15 oz. clearview and it seems that tyvek and my insulated core pad may be a better, or at l...

April 15, 4:49pm

3 season use would be nice
Originally, the clearview was bought for my wife for summer camping. I use a big agnes insulated core. But, then I was thinking that if I added a pad to the clearview I could have a lighter weigh...

April 15, 3:59pm

new to ultralight materials
Can I get tyvek at a hardware store? Will it really protect as well?

April 15, 9:32am

GG thinlight w/big agnes clearview
I need comfort with my pad and have decided that an inflatable pad is the one luxuries I will always keep. However, now that I have moved to a tarp and bivy setup, I am a little worried about punc...

April 15, 2:22am

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm