Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9481 - 9490 of 9791 | Page: 1 ...940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 ...980

Forum » Thread

FlexAir UL Pillow
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/flexair_ultralight_pillow.html I remember sometime ago, there was a "group purchase" of sorts. For those who have used this, how do you ...

In GEAR » FlexAir UL Pillow
February 08, 11:09am

Re: filters, particle size, turbidity, etc.
Paul and Rick: Interesting discussion -- and yes, both of you are still very much on topic. Hopefully, someone can tell me either the mesh filter is sufficient -- or a waste of time (and why). ...

In GEAR » Water Treatment Ques for Dr. Jordan
February 07, 7:40pm

Re: Tiny day pack
nm

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 11:43am

Re: Water Treatment Question for Dr. Jordan (Or Any Water Expert)
Paul: Feel free to try it out. BTW, there's no need to buy expensive Platypus caps. Some of the el cheapo supermarket store brand bottled water caps fit perfectly! Get one or two of those and...

February 07, 11:24am

Re: Tiny day pack
Very nice, Franco. Here's something similar, available in the States. Alas, it is a bit heavier, clocking in at 6.4oz. https://www2.montbell.com/america/asp/products/Spg_shosai.asp?cat=1402&...

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 9:40am

Re: Water Treatment Question for Dr. Jordan (Or Any Water Expert)
Hi Paul: Thanks for both the short and long answers. If indeed, only particles that are big enough to be visible will affect the efficacy of chemicals, then I think using my mesh coffee filter ...

February 07, 9:30am

Water Treatment Question for Dr. Jordan (Or Any Water Expert)
I currently replenish the water in my Platypus bladder by first pouring it through a piece of mesh coffee filter, then treating it with Aqua Mira (may switch over to KlearWater for its convenience)...

February 06, 8:01pm

Re: Re: Comparing Lunar Solo and Rainbow
Hi Franco: Nah, I don't think I'll go for the CF poles just to cut out another 2 oz or so. If I do get a customized pole, it would be an attempt to get it in SHORTER pole sections -- say 12 to ...

In GEAR » TT Rainbow in action
February 06, 6:10pm

Re: A more Durable G6
Hey Anon: The GoLite Dawn, you'll probably have to sew a pair of compression straps yourself. BPL gave this pack a good thumbs up when packed properly and a thumbs down when it's only half empt...

In GEAR » A more durable G6?
February 06, 4:25pm

Comparing Lunar Solo and Rainbow
I have used a Lunar Solo, and now have the Rainbow as well -- although I have yet to actually use the latter -- except for backyard setup. It is truly inspiring to compare/contrast the ways two ...

In GEAR » TT Rainbow in action
February 06, 3:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am