Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9481 - 9490 of 9985 | Page: 1 ...940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 ...999

Forum » Thread

Re: Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Backpack
Caution: No direct experience. Methinks that if you are happy with your top-loading VT, why spend more money to introduce more complications? On the other hand, if you pine for panel loading, ...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Backpack
August 23, 2:10pm

Re: Marmot Ion Wind Jacket
Hi Ryan: Thanks. I read about the upcoming full-zip GoLite wind jacket. Do you have a feel for its degree of water resistance? I wonder if the newer GoLite Wisp HP material is inherently di...

In GEAR » Marmot Ion Wind Jacket
August 23, 2:04pm

Marmot Ion Wind Jacket
Marmot Ion owners... I currently have a breathable-but-only-barely wind jacket -- the GoLite Helios. It's been OK since I only put it on either at the beginning of a hike when it's still cold.....

In GEAR » Marmot Ion Wind Jacket
August 23, 12:10pm

Re: cocoon mummy liners
Warmth is obviously subjective, but for me, a silk liner will boost temp by about 3F, and a fleece liner maybe 5F. I once fell for the hype that adding a liner (e.g. Sea to Summit's Thermolite lin...

In GEAR » cocoon mummy liners
August 22, 7:20pm

Re: FS: As New Cloudburst 2
So you changed your mind and opted the Double Rainbow rather than the Cloudburst 2. But why sell at a loss? If the Cloudburst is in unused condition, I bet you can return it to Henry Shires for a...

In Gear Swap » FS: As New Cloudburst 2
August 18, 10:31pm

Re: Re: rain jacket
Ross: The old GoLite Helios (hooded) or Ventus (no hood) jackets would fit your requirements. They are breathable, but only barely; however, they also shed rain better than most other windshirt...

In GEAR » Your favorite Wind Shirt?
August 18, 12:36pm

Re: I'd like both stoves Ben!
Both stoves are sold. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FOR SALE - Two Alcohol Stoves
August 17, 5:27pm

SOLD! - FS - Two Alcohol Stoves
I have two used alcohol stoves for sale. Both are in excellent condition -- no defect whatsoever aside from having been used. 100% function at 50% cost: 1. MiniBullDesign "Atomic" - $27.50 re...

In Gear Swap » FOR SALE - Two Alcohol Stoves
August 17, 3:30pm

Summit Shelters
Glenn: Sorry that I misread your post above; thanks for clarifying.

In GEAR » Summit Shelters
August 11, 12:36pm

Re: Summit Shelters
Glenn: I too came across recently BPL's new policy of not taking backorders and charging customers before the gear is even available for shipment. Kudos to BPL for this change! But to be fai...

In GEAR » Summit Shelters
August 11, 9:35am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am