BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9481 - 9490 of 9593 | Page: 1 ...940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: recommendations for removing pine sap for nylon clothing?
Alcohol is AOK for silnylon and Epic.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » recommendations for removing pine sap for nylon clothing?
September 25, 11:19pm

Re: recommendations for removing pine sap for nylon clothing?
As above, alcohol (either denatured or isopropyl) works well.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » recommendations for removing pine sap for nylon clothing?
September 25, 8:10pm

Re: Mont Bell sizing ?
Some Montbell garments show JAPANESE sizing. In that case, just "up" it by one notch. In other words, US/EU "medium" would be a Japanese "large".

In GEAR » Mont Bell sizing ?
September 24, 2:59pm

Re: Mont Bell sizing ?
MONTBELL SIZING CHART Men's / Unisex Measurements stated in inches 1. Chest: Measure the fullest part of the bust. 2. Sleeve: Measure from the base of the neck, across shoulder, do...

In GEAR » Mont Bell sizing ?
September 24, 2:57pm

Re: Stuffing Sacks
Qualofil is actually an older technology, and compared to current insulation, it's much bulkier and heavier, given the same warmth. An example of newer synthetics is Polarguard Delta. However, no...

In GEAR » Stuffing a Sack
September 22, 8:36pm

Re: Bigger Pack
Andrew: If you want a compact and light bag, then a down bag is the way to go. My two bags, for example: 1. Montbell 50F hoodless summer bag - 13 oz. weight, compacts to just 7"x4" 2. M...

September 22, 4:14pm

Re: Stuffing a Sack
It's much, much harder to stuff a rolled bag. Stuffing little by little is the way to go. BTW, the bag should be stuffed inside the stuff sack only when you're on the road. When storing, the...

September 22, 12:14pm

Re: Re: DriDucks vs. Rainshield O2
I have a pair of DriDucks, and I agree with Donald regarding their fragility. They'll do fine for the most part, but do be careful when going through thick overgrowth and be very careful where you...

In GEAR » DriDucks vs. Rainshield O2
September 20, 6:50pm

Re: Re: best layering system for prolonged cold/wet weather
Mark: Curious, what is your DWR windshirt?

In GEAR » best layering system for prolonged cold/wet weather
September 20, 12:06am

Re: Confused on sleeping bags ratings and weight
While reading and analyzing on your own, you might also want to describe your type of hiking/camping (e.g. car camping or backpacking, three season or four season, etc.), your height and weight, ho...

In GEAR » Confused on sleeping bags ratings and weight
September 19, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am