BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9461 - 9470 of 9660 | Page: 1 ...938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 ...966

Forum » Thread

Re: FS - Tent/Stove/Thermarest etc

In Gear Swap » FS - Misc Items
December 30, 8:29am

Re: Official Wish List
SHEESH! People wishing for lungs, legs, knees and abs that they used to have... Now, isn't that TOTALLY GREEDY of you people to be double dipping? Since I have never had strong lungs, legs, kn...

In GEAR » Official Wish List
December 27, 2:04pm

Re: How to sleep without FRICTION??
Two suggestions: 1. As above, apply lines of sealant on your tent floor to minimize sleeping pad slippage. 2. Secure your bag onto your pad with these straps: http://www.rei.com/product/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to sleep without FRICTION??
December 27, 10:53am

Re: thermarest?
Hmm, maybe I can save you some waiting time. Both items have been sold -- as indicated in the original thread up above.

In Gear Swap » Great Gear For Sale (a lot)
December 23, 10:37am

Re: Sleeping Bags???
I have the MontBell thermal sheet as well as their No. 3 down bag. Per phone discussion with MontBell back when I was deciding, I was told that the thermal sheet is good to 50F (not 40). I've u...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags???
December 23, 10:35am

Re: Official Wish List
Santa: This will add hardly any weight to your sack... I wish for a titanium lid for my Snow Peak 600 cup. And I promise to be nice to EVERYONE on this (and other) backpacking forums! Thanks...

In GEAR » Official Wish List
December 22, 9:43am

Re: Okay....
You're way too hard on yourself. You probably had the larger size canister...

In GEAR » SnowPeak Titanium cookware and mugs
December 20, 6:09pm

Re: What???
Joshua: The top rim of the cup is just a bit wider than the bottom rim of the canister, so the entire canister will fit inside the cup when you drop it in upside down. There is no "hooking". ...

December 19, 6:07pm

Re: SnowPeak Titanium cookware and mugs
How does the TREK 700 Ti compare to the 600mL Ti mug? 600 - 3.75(d) x 4(h), 20 oz capacity, 2.9 oz wt. 700 - 4.125d x 4.37h, 24 oz capacity, 4.5 oz wt. Also, will the small fuel canister(Sno...

December 19, 11:04am

Re: Sierra designs Solomente tent
No experience, but the Marmot Alpinist 2P looks good too. There, a trio of lightweight winter tents: Would be curious to hear any actual experience with these three tents.

In GEAR » Sierra designs Solomente tent
December 14, 3:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am