Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9461 - 9470 of 9799 | Page: 1 ...938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 ...980

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Double Rainbow
A Rainbow Quartet will be best. If attacked in the wilds, it's an easy thing to close up. Women and children will congregate in the center plaza while the men mount a defense! The vents are perf...

In GEAR » World first. Double Rainbow pics
February 13, 10:22am

Re: Second Look at a Firstlight
I tested the Firstlight last year but opted not to keep it. Otherwise, I was going to do the following to reduce flapping and increase usable floor space: 1. Add a small grip clip to each of t...

In GEAR » Second Look at a Firstlight
February 12, 11:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Large UL pillow
Yup, a chorus of 'thanks' from all of us. Let us know how you want to be paid.

In GEAR » FlexAir UL Pillow
February 12, 9:40pm

Re: World first. Double Rainbow pics
HEY! That kangaroo was definitely stroking, not scratching!

February 12, 3:55pm

Re: The Dynasty Ends?
Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, and even REI all use their own laminate/coating in addition to Gore Tex. So does MontBell. Indeed, the latest MontBell laminate is reputedly more breathable -- yet chea...

In GEAR » TNF Moving Away from Gore
February 12, 9:06am

Re: Large UL pillow
Paul: Between Deborah and me, we can give up five -- I'll let you figure out the odd vs. even -- way too complicated for me. :) Thanks.

In GEAR » FlexAir UL Pillow
February 11, 8:57pm

Re: Breathability
Exactly! I think this is where someone like Ryan can really help to enlighten us. Or Verber, who seems to have extensive experience with many different wp/b jackets/parkas.

February 10, 8:13pm

Re: TNF Moving Away from Gore
Not that I really know, but per TNF's own website, Hyvent breathability is 877 g/m2/24 hrs. For comparison, MontBell claims 15,000 g/m2/24 and Goretex XCR is supposed to be 13,500 g/m2/24?!?

February 10, 7:16pm

Hey Franco, This isn't the 'roo you shipped to Henry, is it?

February 10, 6:41pm

Wow! When I first heard about the Double Rainbow, I was expecting a fatter and maybe slightly longer Rainbow, but nothing like this! This configuration isn't the lightest it can be, but look at...

February 10, 6:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am