Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9461 - 9470 of 10079 | Page: 1 ...938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 ...1008

Forum » Thread

Re: I just spoke with PayPal and they told me to...
Taylor: This thread is 6 months old and 6 pages long! A BRAND NEW LIST just got started today. You should post there so there will be one integrated list of folks who ordered but did not rec...

In GEAR » Summit Shelters
September 28, 9:10pm

Re: Big Sky shelters --- who has ordered? who got their's?
Have you ordered a shelter from Big Sky? Yes. If yes, when? what model? 9/27/05 - Evolution 1P. Mid-October (2-week) delivery promised. Did you get it yet? Nope. Finally cancelled in ear...

In GEAR » Big Sky shelters --- who has ordered? who got their's?
September 28, 3:07pm

Re: camo
No direct experience but Sierra Trading Post carries camo attire and gear.

In GEAR » camo
September 28, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Silnylon tent in humid areas
I crave more space than others, so I carry a Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 SL. To me, it offers a good balance between space and weight. If you don't mind being a little cramped, the 1 SL is even light...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wet Weather Drying Techniques in Fog, etc.
September 28, 11:52am

Re: Silnylon tent in humid areas
Yeah, but when camping with a single wall silnylon tent in a cold and foggy area, users will pretty much have to expect condensation -- and not think of it as some sort of anomaly. This goes bac...

September 28, 10:39am

Re: Re: Gatewood Probably Won't Work
My mistake -- sorry -- and thanks for the correction!

September 28, 9:07am

Gatewood Probably Won't Work
When you've got very moist air (fog) outside AND a human generating moisture inside, perimeter vents will help very little. A silnylon tent without a chimmey vent up above (like the Gatewood Cape)...

September 28, 12:07am

Re: Golite Improved Website
Good job! Funny how the progammer fessed up that he (or she) had been sitting on a 95% finished project. I supposed some people just find it next to impossible to finish up the last 5% (i.e. dott...

In GEAR » Golite Improved Website
September 27, 6:53pm

Re: Refunds
Dennis: I hope your credit card company will take care of this for you. If they ask why you "waited" so long -- hopefully, you have the string of emails from Big Sky showing repeated "promises ...

In GEAR » Evolution 2P - sleeves or clips?
September 27, 5:53pm

Re: did you pay by CC?
Just an addendum that if you paid by PayPal, you may have recourse to a refund as well!

In GEAR » Evolution 2P - sleeves or clips?
September 27, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am