Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9451 - 9460 of 9828 | Page: 1 ...937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 ...983

Forum » Thread

Re: MontBell
Hi Miguel: Thanks for the Japanese website! I'll check them out. I never knew about MB America's bankruptcy. Wonder which retailer cheated them? Anyone know? I recall that REI used to car...

In GEAR » New MontBell UL Pad
March 13, 11:06pm

Re: How do you like the Breeze Dry-TEC Cover?
Casey: I have the MontBell Peak jacket which features the Breeze Dry Tec laminate. While I like my jacket very much, the dynamics between jackets and bivys are widely different. Curious, can...

In GEAR » Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec UL Bivy, User Observations and Questions
March 13, 8:02pm

Re: Re: they are available, but sold out!
Miguel: With an eye on innovative light weight gear for hiking as well as traveling, what are some other Japanese outfits that are comparable (if not even better than) MontBell? Website links w...

March 13, 7:48pm

Re: Looking for a Rainbow Stuffsack
With the strut removed, the tarptent fits nicely inside my REI Lite Core (S) sleeping pad's stuff sack -- or about 12" x 5".

In GEAR » Looking for a Rainbow Stuffsack
March 13, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Looking for a Rainbow Stuffsack
I just tried it again, and yes, the strut came out easy enough. Why was it so difficult the last time around? Note to self: Intense inhaling of seam sealant may impair motor functions. Than...

March 13, 4:48pm

Re: Looking for a Rainbow Stuffsack
Yeah, I really wish the poles could come in shorter sections -- and have thought about packing these long ones separately from the tent. Problem is the cross pole (or strut)! The strut is the s...

March 13, 2:16pm

Re: New MontBell UL Pad
Given the toggles at the corners, has anyone thought about marketing these as cheap, versatile and individually adjustable tatami mats? (hehe)

March 13, 1:14am

Oh, just saw your latest posting. I am a Chinese American. I was born in HK, grew up in Taiwan, went to college in the States (USC) and now live and work in beautiful Pasadena, California. :)

March 13, 1:10am

I am fortunate that my parents love to travel, and they opened my eyes to the world when I was growing up. Traveling is my favorite thing to do. The US is a big country, with more things to see...

March 13, 1:08am

Borderless fascination? Ha! Either you are not American, or more likely, you have forgotten what it's like around here! Yes, I AM GENERALIZING, but most Americans care little about foreign bra...

March 13, 12:21am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am