BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9451 - 9460 of 9599 | Page: 1 ...937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 ...960

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Suggestion for Ryan
Just in case you're thinking about the Energizer headlamp, they've come out with a newer model -- 6 LED's (4 whites and 2 red's) -- with various on and off combinations. Essentially the same light...

In Gear Lists » my SuperUltralight gearlist
October 24, 4:46pm

Re: Perfect pack
Charles: You have done your homework and have identified many of the top packs. There's really very little that others can do for you, other than repeating the names of all the wonderful packs ...

In GEAR » Perfect pack
October 24, 11:40am

Re: Re: Hydration Bladder Insight
David: Why do you carry both bladder and bottle (the Aquafina)? In other words, can you elaborate on what you mean by "the best compromise"?

In GEAR » Hydration Bladder Insight
October 21, 9:44pm

Re: bladder
Hi Andrew: I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I was hoping to add my "bladder woes" to yours and see what remedies/suggestions people might have. Cheers.

October 21, 12:25pm

Re: Hydration Bladder Insight
I just converted from cheap plastic bottles (the ones that come with supermarket bottled water) to Platypus bladders. Bottles are easy to use and easy to fill. My one big complaint, however, is...

October 20, 11:54pm

Re: Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
Just wondering out loud... is this Carol's sinister plot to rid herself of RJ?

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
October 20, 11:47am

Re: Gods, warriors---I like that
RJ, SUL gladiator: "We who are about to freeze to death salute you"!

In GEAR » New SMD Pack
October 19, 8:25pm

Re: Ray Jardine closes shop
Always risky trying to read what's not there, but that's a pretty abrupt announcement... doesn't sound at all like they've had a good run and are simply closing for retirement... But I'm probabl...

In GEAR » Ray Jardine closes shop
October 18, 10:23pm

Re: Gear for Sale
Hi Michael: I'll take the Golite Dawn, as discussed. I just sent you another email about payment via Paypal. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » Gear for Sale
October 17, 9:59am

Re: Water collection
Until just last week, I used to use cheap plastic water bottles (bottled water you buy in any supermarket). Getting water was easy. You squeeze the bottle, then you place it in the pool of water ...

In GEAR » Water collection
October 17, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am