Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9451 - 9460 of 9664 | Page: 1 ...937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 ...967

Forum » Thread

Re: suggestion
Joe: The Explorer Trek is certainly trailworthy -- but may be 'overbuilt'. Obviously, this is subjective, but I based this on my comparison of its smallish volume and heavy-ish weight (2,400 / ...

In GEAR » Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
January 01, 8:53pm

Re: suggestion
Sai: Frameless packs have their place (again, it's a matter of matching the right tool to the task at hand). More space is good if you have particularly bulky, but lightweight pieces. But if t...

January 01, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Re: suggestion
Rest easy... the Ghost has two "hidden" openings near the top -- one on each side -- for you to thread your hydration tube through. The Medium size will generally qualify as carry on -- but not th...

January 01, 8:12pm

Re: Re: Re: International backpacking gear list
Sai: You are quite the linguist!

In Gear Lists » International backpacking gear list
January 01, 10:53am

Re: Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
John: Here it is (also comes in black color): http://www.happyfeet.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=6414-942!208&csurl=/iStar.asp?a%3D29%26manufacturer%3D208 You can occasionally find these -- new, of...

January 01, 10:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
When you are dealing with bureaucrats, you will soon learn not to look for logic or consistency, or even bother to ask 'why'! :) Yes, a pair of scissors can be viewed as two blades. Nevertheles...

December 31, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
When you are dealing with bureaucrats, you will soon learn not to look for logic or consistency, or even bother to ask 'why'! :) Yes, a pair of scissors can be viewed as two blades. Nevertheles...

December 31, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
No weapons on planes. TSA no longer considers scissors and tools 4 in. or under as "weapons". No blades though, no matter how small. Undies -- I was thinking two s/s tees and two briefs or box...

December 31, 7:48pm

Re: International backpacking gear list
Oh, and you don't need a language translator or any such gadgets. It's absolutely amazing the sheer variety of needless gadgets one finds in travel magazines and travel stores! I've traveled so...

December 31, 6:50pm

Re: International backpacking gear list
I can tell that you have spent a ton of time on this. Welcome to the forum, fellow gearhead! :) Excellent choice on tent and bag! As for clothing, I would advise against fleece, since your ...

December 31, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am