BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 941 - 950 of 1099 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ...110

Forum » Thread

bear bags...
On one of my camping trips a couple of nearby campers were enjoying a snack in their tent (maybe cheesy poofs). A bear came along and presumably liked the smell of the food and clawed through the ...

In GEAR » bear bags
February 10, 12:05am

Day trip emergency gear suggestions...
Tad - Drop the flyboxes, they are just extra weight/bulk. I put all flies (except dries) in the mini zip locks you get in the craft store. They are tiny little bags that easily fit in a small p...

In GEAR » Day trip emergency gear suggestions?
February 09, 12:22am

Windshirt and Insulation
I think what is missing in your plan is the multi-purpose use of the insulation layer that you are proposing. The fragile nature of an add-in insulation layer would mean that it would be useless b...

In GEAR » Windshirts and insulation
February 08, 5:42pm

Tylenol amd Ibuprophen
My first aid kit always contains 400 mg Ibuprophen tablets as well as T3's. The 400 mg dose tablets reduce the number I have to carry. I occasionally have knee problems while hiking (well wor...

In Gear Lists » Tylenol AND Ibuprofen?
February 04, 12:59am

Sternum straps...
I wouldn't buy a pack without one. I also use a waist belt and I find that the sternum strap really helps keep the lighter pack loads in position as very little weight ends up on my shoulders....

In GEAR » Sternum Straps?
February 01, 5:31pm

"Black Bears and fighting back"
<< Why do you need bear spray?????? >> Security Blanket... not very comfortable, but helps me sleep at night. I don't always carry bear spray, it depends on where I'm hiki...

In Philosophy & Technique » Black Bears and fighting back
January 29, 7:50pm

What's my problem...
In my younger years I spent quite a lot of time around Black Bears and actually became quite complacent about them being around. Over the years I have developed a healthy respect for our furry frie...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whats my problem
January 29, 2:10pm

Black Bears and fighting back...
In response to the original question regarding the knife, I would encourage you to make your first line of defense a can of bear spray if you are in known bear territory. After a couple of clo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Black Bears and fighting back
January 29, 1:54am

GTX shoes...
I wear both the Merrell Moab Ventilator and the Merrell Moab Gortex. Same shoe but one has a Gortex liner and the other breathes well. I thought I'd give them both a try and am still tryi...

In GEAR » Waterproof Shoe Questions
January 27, 7:11pm

Breathable Windshirt...
I have the Montane Featherlite Smock which is the same design as the Litespeed but without the hood. My XL weighs 4.4 oz. and fits my 6 ft, 195 lb frame with ease (enough room for an insulation lay...

In GEAR » Breathable windshirts?
January 24, 1:49am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm