Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 941 - 950 of 961 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97

Forum » Thread

Online Backpack Trip Listing
I like the idea of organizing the forum primarily by region but being able to query other data as well. I'm not sure what software is out there to do that, but it would be nice if you could enter i...

In Post-Trip Reports » Online Backpack Trip Listing
November 23, 2:28pm

Re: Me thinks they doth protest too much!
I agree with Ron. I don't think there is an anti-wool bias here at all. In general, I think this site has far less bias than most. I can't think of any backpacking organization (including much larg...

In GEAR » Bias in writing
November 23, 1:59pm

Water Location
If you have filled your water container(s) then it is probably the densest and/or heaviest thing in your pack. I use a bladder (platypus) and am glad that both my day pack and backpacking pack have...

In GEAR » H20 location in pack - front, side or rear?
November 23, 1:10pm

Simblissity Gaitors?
Has anyone tried the ones from SimBLISSity (click "Gaitors" on the left nav bar under "Designs")?

In GEAR » Light Gaiters: OR FlexTex, REI Mistral or Other
September 08, 9:28pm

Cuben Fiber Tents?
I've noticed that people are selling Cuben Fiber tarps, stuff sacks, packs and plenty of do it yourself stuff. However, I'm surprised that no one (to my knowledge) has started using Cuben Fiber for...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber - Q&A
September 06, 5:32pm

Re: Re: O2 Rainshield Jacket
Oops, I stand corrected (I have no memory for colors). They are khaki, not grey. In my opinion it is a boring, drab color. I wouldn't mind a T-shirt or pair of pants in that color, but it makes it ...

In GEAR » O2 Rainshield Jacket
September 06, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Re: O2 Rainshield Jacket
I bought an 02 jacket/pants a few years ago and recently bought a Drop Stoppers jacket. They are very similar; very light, breathable, waterproof and very, very fragile. I recommend you take it off...

In GEAR » O2 Rainshield Jacket
September 06, 11:14am

Materials and Windshirts
I would to second the recommendation for a comparison of synthetic insulation and would like to see it expanded. I realize this could get to be too big, but if you took on different material catego...

In Editor's Roundtable » READERS - What do you want investigated in 2007?
August 30, 12:15pm

Aluminum Lid Insulating Value
I was just thinking of this the other day. One of my thoughts about a very light, thin aluminum top is that it would not insulate very well. In other words, heat would escape quite readily. I wonde...

In GEAR » Aluminium FOIL pot lid
August 24, 11:41am

Re: rain jacket
Thanks. Just to be clear, I would want a wind shirt that was less breathable, more rain proof and had a full hood. The Ion is certainly a contender.

In GEAR » Your favorite Wind Shirt?
August 18, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm