BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 941 - 950 of 1247 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ...125

Forum » Thread

bivy
If Colin hasn't taken, I will. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: New MLD Superlight Bivy Large
June 17, 3:42pm

Sweet!
Great memories of our kids and the Poudre, glad to see you're starting her off well! And be assured it will stick with her - I've been out hiking with all three of my adult children recentl...

In Post-Trip Reports » starting them young
June 16, 2:56pm

ULA Catalyst or Circuit
Light weight, carry as well (or better) than a Gregory, great workmanship, good people! Besides all that, they look really cool!!!

In GEAR » Not sure which pack to buy?
June 16, 2:52pm

Not Nordic walking!
Nordic walking, which is the exercise these "studies" are drawn from, is NOT the same as hiking on trails or cross-country with a pack. I seldom find myself on a trail that is wide, smoot...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poles are a burden?
June 15, 7:02pm

Great!
Just be sure to check! All the ones I've checked were poly/cotton, including some very nice National Park topo printed bandannas! Also the one with chili peppers my wife got me. And the........

In GEAR » Bandana question
June 12, 9:39pm

No one sided full cotton
Just going from my experience - and my wife's, who loves bandannas! She could open a store! All the really nifty one-sided print bandannas I've come across are made from cotton/poly blen...

June 12, 6:26pm

Cotton vs synthetic blend
FWIW, check what the bandanna is made with. "Regular" bandannas are usually (not always) made from 100% cotton. These are the ones that absorb well and turn very soft with a few washings....

June 12, 2:16pm

Yerba Mate here and there
I have some Argentinian friends who introduced me to Yerba Mate. They use the traditional gourd and silver straw. They fill the gourd with yerba mate while the water is heating. When the water begi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Strong Tea
June 10, 8:47am

Brewing tea
First get loose Lapsang Souchong tea. It's dried over a smoky pine fire. For a one pot packer, bring water to a boil in your pot, take off the stove. Put tea leaves in the pot, about one...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Strong Tea
June 09, 9:15pm

English teacher
That's "bated" breath.....as in "to abate" or as in "holding your breath".... "Baited breath" is to have a worm on your tongue while fishing...... ...

In Gear Deals » Tent under 8.5 oz.
June 08, 8:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am