BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 941 - 950 of 1296 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ...130

Forum » Thread

SPF
Inertia X-Lite is sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: Inertia X-Lite Sleeping Pad
August 27, 5:52pm

Price drop
Price drop: Now at Sold

August 27, 12:27pm

FS: Inertia X-Lite Sleeping Pad
Just doesn't quite fit me - I seem to have too long a torso to fully hit both the shoulder and hip pads at the same time. Here are the lengths of the pads and gaps, from top to bottom, infl...

August 26, 6:32pm

Many bottles; Sawyer Squeeze
Some of us use multiple water containers with the Steripen because we don't want to carry "heavy" Nalgene wide mouth bottles. Platy bottles or commercial water bottles are so much lig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Filter vs Steripen
August 26, 2:41pm

Bark River Golok
The Bark River Golok is an awesome tool for work like what you describe. Expensive, but worth it. Only available when Bark River makes a run, because they sell out very quickly.

In GEAR » Machetes for bushwacking.
August 26, 9:09am

Gateway gear?
Yeah, get folks hooked on UL with inexpensive stuff, then they'll move up to the spendy stuff later!!! ;)

In GEAR » Intrest in affordable light gear
August 23, 8:32pm

Got it!
Got it, payment sent! thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Cricket - CUBEN
August 23, 1:07pm

Silly Stix
Gary, if you decide to offer Silly Stix by themselves, please put me on your list of buyers!

In Gear Deals » Special offer to MLIFE members
August 22, 5:11pm

MacD's straw
I carry a few vaseline-soaked cotton balls in sections of MacDonald's straws. One straw is good for three fire starters. Melt the ends to seal them. To use, cut open, fluff cotton, add spark or...

In Multiple Use Gear » Cool firestarter idea
August 21, 9:04pm

I'll take it if...
I'll take it if you don't work a deal with Randy. If so, please send me Paypal address, etc.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Cricket - CUBEN
August 21, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am