Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 941 - 950 of 1314 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ...132

Forum » Thread

Excessive
Damn shame! I don't have a problem with keeping one or two for the pan, but in that environment, harvesting all those breeders is over the top.

In Fishing » Excessive Catch?
September 07, 11:46am

Probably not....
Fish hooks are a well known weapon of mass destruction, the rod sections can be used as stabbing weapons, the rod tube makes a great club, and worst of all, the twisted horsehair line makes a vicio...

In Fishing » Flying with Tenkara
September 06, 5:37pm

I like my stake well done, er, done well!
Vaibhav - You will indeed have to stake the Duomid - but as mentioned above, you'd be a fool NOT to stake down any tent, unless you were in the most sheltered of locations. If you're willin...

In GEAR » Quick question about setting up Duomid (or similar tarps/tents)
September 06, 5:34pm

Fly away
If you haven't seen these clips, watch them to learn the value of staking down even "free-standing" tents in a breeze! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eFZ09Um2g&feature=relate...

In GEAR » Quick question about setting up Duomid (or similar tarps/tents)
September 06, 3:11pm

Precip -> Mica
As Tommy says: "The Precip is okay, but I like the Marmot Mica way better - lighter weight, better cut, etc. " The precip is a decent jacket, and would do well for you in AZ (I'm ...

In GEAR » Marmot Precipt
September 04, 7:37pm

Dump the poly!
I'm with Aaron too! Keep the bivy intact and lose the ground cloth. Never understood the view of bivy PLUS ground cloth - two items doing one job! Then for Christmas, have the GF get you an ...

In Make Your Own Gear » I want to cut the Silnylon floor out of my MLD Bug Bivy
September 04, 4:03pm

Opinel
Check out the Opinel line of folding knives. Specifically, the traditional wood handled ones. Very nice for the money.

In GEAR » looking for a replacement knife
September 04, 3:58pm

Wide Outdside
"the peak elite AC, has wider tubes on the side, to help keep you from rolling off." the POE Peak elite AC is great - those wider tubes at the outside edges do a great job of keepi...

In GEAR » I keep falling off my Inflatable Pads
September 02, 5:15pm

Location, location, location
It's not the bathtub floor that's the problem, it's where they're putting the floor - on a site that collects water! Some slope is preferable to "flat" if it's going t...

In GEAR » Yet Another Shelter Selection Thread
September 01, 12:29pm

Salt and Water
Eric sez: "1. salt the hamburger liberally when cooking (in a "riced" or loose fashion) helps it store longer. 2, rinse the cooked hamburger in boiling water to remove most of th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My 2 cents on dehydrated chili
August 30, 12:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am