BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 941 - 950 of 1190 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: september storms
"" We get storms that are unexpectedly cold or heavy, not unexpectedly arriving. "" Are these really that different, when it comes to preparation and survival ? Unexpected...

In GEAR » Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
January 15, 8:47am

Re: Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
I guess it boils down to your philosophy for backcountry preparation. There seem to be two basic philosophies : Best Case and Worst Case. Most of the ultralighters here seem to prefer best cas...

January 14, 9:51pm

Re: Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
By SHR you mean Sierra High Route right, mostly cross country. So won't you be off trail and going cross country in the high mountains ... near the end of the season when its usually nice bu...

January 14, 2:38pm

Re: JMT Dates?
I prefer the first half of August for the JMT. mosquitos have mostly died down. passes are usually snow free. streams have subsided, but not totally dried up so water is still plentiful. Whil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Dates?
January 10, 7:54pm

Re: JMT Sleeping Bag
Do you use a tent, an ultra light tarp, or something in between ? a 30* bag with a tent should cover 95% of all situations. I'm not a tarp person so can't speak to that.

In GEAR » JMT Sleeping Bag
January 04, 9:12am

Re: Going tentless
You never need a tent until you "" NEED "" one. How much does a bivy & tarp combination weigh ? 1.0 to 1.5 lb depending ... There are solo tents which are really supe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going tentless
December 21, 12:35pm

Re: Re: Running pack for unsupported trips
so 25 liters +- my Golite Ion, size small, is about 23 liters (1400 ci) weighs 261 grams. a size medium or large Ion would easily fit your stuff. I've never run with the Ion, but if ...

In GEAR » Running pack for unsupported trips
November 25, 9:37am

Re: Running pack for unsupported trips
6 days of food implies a 6 day trip plus or minus. you said you'll be packing light. how light ? how close to the edge are you going ? sleeping bag ? bivy ? clothing ? I'm sure you m...

In GEAR » Running pack for unsupported trips
November 24, 8:59am

Re: Re: Joshua Tree Run???
I'm always interested in stuff like this also. A bit busy right now so don't know about the Joshua Tree run. But its always nice to have company on long runs. I've done a bunch of lo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree Run???
November 13, 11:53am

Re: run?
+1 for trail running. but run on a trail with uphills and downhills. not something flat. if you've never done it before, do not be daunted by the concept. You are allowed to WALK whenever yo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
October 27, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.