Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9381 - 9390 of 10246 | Page: 1 ...930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ...1025

Forum » Thread

Re: Do it all water filter?????
Hi Denis: Thanks... I'll check it out. You look mighty happy in that Big Sky tent of yours! :)

In GEAR » A Do-It-All Water Purifier?
January 17, 5:40pm

Gram Weenies Annual Scale Calibration
Ever wondered if your scale is really accurate? Here's a simple way to find out. Now, we all have batteries of some kind sitting in our homes, correct? Below is the standard weights of var...

In GEAR » Gram Weenies Annual Scale Calibration
January 17, 9:47am

Re: do-it-all purifier?
Doug - thanks for the feedback. Jay -- That's exactly what I do as well. I connect the tubing to my Seychelle and then to the Platy bladder -- then place it upside down in my pack's sid...

January 17, 9:04am

Re: do-it-all purifier?
Doug: Thanks for the feedback. When using the filter, do you plan to treat the water with chemicals (i.e. iodine or chlorine, or chlorine dioxide)? The reason I moved away from the Sawyer filt...

January 17, 12:07am

Re: Determining ideal R-value for pads
Thanks, Richard.

In GEAR » Determining ideal R-value for pads
January 16, 1:35pm

Re: Determining ideal R-value for pads
Richard: This is very enlightening! At the risk of sounding greedy, can you provide a rough translation of R value to comfortable temperature: R=1 good for temps down to xF R=2 good for...

In GEAR » Determining ideal R-value for pads
January 16, 12:32pm

Re: Golite Breeze went for $188 on EBAY
Lucky dog -- always nice to have an auction where a newbie is determined to win no matter the cost! Happened to me once -- I was able to sell my used sleeping bag for a buck more than what I pai...

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 16, 11:48am

Re: Help Me Find a Tee for Travels
Thanks, everyone. Since my travels may include hot-and-humid tropics, I think I will avoid wool and concentrate on the cooler blends of synthetics. I'll look into running tees and Patagonia...

In GEAR » Help Me Find a Tee for Travels
January 15, 9:41am

Help Me Find a Tee for Travels
I'm looking for a blue, medium tee shirt -- both s/s and l/s -- that will meet these criteria: 1. light weight 2. wicking 3. quick drying 4. looks good for urban and trail 5. nothing wit...

In GEAR » Help Me Find a Tee for Travels
January 14, 9:38am

Re: Potty Trowel pattern
Shiznit - Expresses extensive emotional satisfaction or glorification... You guys are way too attached to material things! I get that self-same satisfaction just from the act itself! Don't...

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 13, 9:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am