BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9381 - 9390 of 9566 | Page: 1 ...930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ...957

Forum » Thread

Re: write weight on gear
May I play devil's advocate? 1. Writing with permanent marking will likely reduce the market value of your gear, should you ever decide to put it on Ebay, etc. 2. If you modify gear over ti...

In GEAR » write weight on gear
November 22, 2:31pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Challenge
What temp. range are you looking for (i.e. how warm is warm)?

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Challenge
November 20, 11:22pm

Re: Correction on Mountainsmith's Mountainlight Line of Packs
I spoke with the customer rep just last week and he was absolutely affirmative that the line is continuining. Still, I find this "on again / off again" thing rather confusing. In any case, Joe,...

In GEAR » Correction on Mountainsmith's Mountainlight Line of Packs
November 18, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Correction on Mountainsmith's Mountainlight Line of Packs
Hi Rick: I own a MS Ghost as well, and I really enjoyed reading your review of this pack. When BPL came out with its earlier review of framed packs and left out my beloved MS Ghost, I felt that...

November 18, 5:13pm

Correction on Mountainsmith's Mountainlight Line of Packs
Having read (and repeated) that Mountainsmith is discontinuing its "Mountainlight" line of backpacks (e.g. Ghost, Auspex, and all other bronzy models) -- I talked to a Mountainsmith customer rep. a...

November 18, 3:02pm

Chewing Gum to Clean Your Teeth
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/11/army.gum.ap/index.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Chewing Gum to Clean Your Teeth
November 13, 10:41am

Re: The Ultimate UL Pillow?
Interesting, thanks for the link. Hmmm... wouldn't mind giving it a try, but a minimum order of 50 pillows???

In GEAR » The Ultimate UL Pillow?
November 10, 10:56pm

Re: Re: Klearwater vs Micropur
To be fair, both use the same active ingredient... so in cases where the water is very cold, longer treatment times are needed for both. Micropur and Klearwater have no advantage over each other i...

In GEAR » New Water Treatment Product
November 09, 1:02pm

Re: New Water Treatment Product
Thanks, Richard. I see it now. Still wondering though, if this product -- and specifically its safety and efficacy properties -- have been approved by any European health/sanitation/environment...

November 09, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Water Treatment Product
Ryan: I just read the description on Klearwater. Very exciting -- as it eliminates one extra step and some waiting time as compared to Aqua Mira. Curious about this Swedish product. How lon...

November 09, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am