Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 9381 - 9390 of 9664 | Page: 1 ...930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ...967

Forum » Thread

Re: Hiking in 1877
Thanks, Miguel! I've just glanced at the writing... amazing how the basics really don't change. I wonder about animals and baggage wagon though...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking in 1877
January 27, 4:46pm

Re: Front Loading UL pack?
Hi Paul: Thanks for the quick write up of your initial impressions of this pack. Can you post a few pics? I am especially intrigued about this pack's front loading and would like to see how it...

In GEAR » Front Loading UL pack?
January 25, 12:03pm

Re: thought it weighs 2.5 oz???
I see. I took out the inner pocket and labels, but didn't dare alter the jacket itself. You are a very brave man! :)

In GEAR » 1.5 ounce wind shell
January 25, 10:38am

Re: Front Loading UL pack?
I've been on a similar search, as I much prefer front (panel) loading. Until just recently, it seems like all UL/frameless packs are toploaders, as it is lighter to cinch up the top with a piece o...

In GEAR » Front Loading UL pack?
January 25, 10:27am

Re: Re: Re: 1.5 ounce wind shell
No... maybe next time! Yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread... although I hope Jonathan will be back soon to verify the weight of his wind shell.

January 24, 6:46pm

Re: 1.5 ounce wind shell
Hi Joe: I take it that you live in Colorado. Denver or elsewhere? JasonKlass and I did an overnighter around Bailey, CO. Nighttime temps were forecasted in the single digits! Living here i...

January 24, 3:42pm

Re: 1.5 ounce wind shell
I thought it weighs 2.5 oz??? While visiting Denver over the weekend, I made a pilgrimage to Mecca (the MB store at Boulder, CO), to worship at this gear shrine but also to pick up a trowel (han...

January 24, 2:22pm

Re: After the rain
Thanks, Franco. My Rainbow should be coming "any day now".

In GEAR » Rainbow passes Aussie inspection
January 24, 9:47am

Re: After the rain
Hi Franco: In your test above, what were the positions of the tent's vent and vestibule?

January 23, 10:39am

Kevin and Paul!
You think we scared Franco away?

January 18, 4:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am