BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 931 - 940 of 959 | Page: 1 ...77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

Forum » Thread

Re: OR Stratus mitts
Dane, I've seen the Stratus (almost bought them) and I think your comparison is correct.

In GEAR » Big Puffy Mitts
December 18, 12:15pm

Re: Re: MEC Mittens
Laurie, Are you in Canada? I should have mentioned that the one thing I don't like is their shipping options to the U.S. (expensive and requires pickup). On the U.S.P.S. note it said that I m...

December 18, 12:09pm

Full Zip Wind Pants
Does anyone make a full zip wind pant? I wear a pair of full zip fleece pants when I go cross country skiing and they serve me well. I would like to put something over them when things get breezy, ...

In GEAR » Full Zip Wind Pants
December 17, 6:01pm

MEC Mittens
The MEC mittens arrived and I weighed them at 6.1 oz. or 173 grams (medium). Though they are listed on the women's page, they came with a sticker saying unisex sizing. They are rather large for...

December 17, 5:54pm

Thoughts on the MLD eVent mitts and other points
I'm not surprised that they are sold out of the mitts. There is a lot of pent up demand for something like this (the price might have deterred some people, but not during the holidays). Persona...

December 13, 7:16pm

Cuben Fiber Tent?
I've noticed that people are selling Cuben Fiber tarps, stuff sacks, packs and plenty of do it yourself gear. However, I'm surprised that no one (to my knowledge) has started using Cuben Fi...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Tent?
December 13, 6:47pm

Re: primaloft liner mitts
Beauty! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a membership too (although it may have lapsed). Thank you very much.

December 07, 9:32pm

Big Puffy Mitts
Outdoor Research sells a mitten system which consists of a big puffy mitten and shell. They used to sell them separately, but don't any more. My wife has the shell, but wants a big mitten to go ins...

December 06, 10:20pm

Online Backpack Trip Listing
I like the idea of organizing the forum primarily by region but being able to query other data as well. I'm not sure what software is out there to do that, but it would be nice if you could enter i...

In Post-Trip Reports » Online Backpack Trip Listing
November 23, 2:28pm

Re: Me thinks they doth protest too much!
I agree with Ron. I don't think there is an anti-wool bias here at all. In general, I think this site has far less bias than most. I can't think of any backpacking organization (including much larg...

In GEAR » Bias in writing
November 23, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm