Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 931 - 940 of 1463 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ...147

Forum » Thread

Steam Crossings
I had the "opportunity" to do 17 stream crossings in GSMNP yesterday that ranged from knee deep to crotch level, and I'm 6'2". On most of them the water was moving very fast...

In Philosophy & Technique » river crossing technique
April 18, 4:04pm

Winter/Spring Permits
For inyo down near kings. It is self service at several different locations in the eastern sierra. https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5167488.pdf

In GEAR » Yosemite/Kings Canyon Permits
April 15, 9:23am

Extremely Cool!
Hope to meet up with you on the PCT, you will be hard to miss. It is great to be able to share a lifetime memory with your daughter.

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 12, 5:35pm

I'll be there!!!
Nick, I am going to be cruising through that area right around 5/27-29 on my PCT thru. Hope to see you guys out there. I'll look for the little packs and the dust in your wake!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
April 11, 2:24pm

Don't be sad, be happy!
"One of the saddest comments (to me) I have read was from a guy that stated that he just does miles, he does not care what the landscape looks like (that was at WB, the Appalachian forum)"...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
April 10, 5:50pm

Sort-of MH Meals
Two weeks ago I packed up all of my dinners for my PCT trip. Many of them were knock off MH meals. I used Hamburger Helper, Nido and Dehydrated Ground Beef (in #10 cans.) I packaged each meal up...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Repackaging Freeze Dried / Dehydrated Meals,Technique & Practice
April 09, 6:40am

Don't sweat it.....
If you are starting at Roads end you don't need a canister until, I believe Dusy Basin. We didn't carry a canister until leaving SEKI where we had the canisters cached for the resupply. I...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 07, 3:05pm

Great
If I head over do Donohue pass into Yosemite and the park is closed then there won't be rangers to kick me out. :) The only area I would think could be impacted are the resupply points like ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 5:58am

Wow
Looks like he did it in a little over 57 hours. That must be one heck of a trek. Great work Brett, may it silence the skeptics on the JMT record.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Brett Maune becomes the 10th person to finish Barkley Marathons!
April 04, 11:39am

Re: SUL handicap
"But we have people entering this sport daily. Many of them are immediately indoctrinated with the holy Grail of sub 5 lb hiking." I am sitting at around an 8lb base weight and have no...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL handicapping system for Safety concerns
April 04, 6:12am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.