Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 931 - 940 of 1517 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ...152

Forum » Thread

Here's the illogic
I had this discussion with a guy and his claim on why layers are bad is that the heat from your body core is not able to heat your extremities if its covered up with layers, basically your bag beco...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 13, 5:41am

Target Date
I will be flying in from ATL and would go in either Phoenix or Flagstaff. What would be the best target date?

In Other Activities » Eugene Smith is a beast
November 11, 6:10am

Inspiration
Last Sunday I woke up early due to the time change. I was clicking through this thread and it hit me, walk away from the computer and go do a trail run up on the AT. I hadn't done a trail run...

In Other Activities » Eugene Smith is a beast
November 10, 6:42am

Dirty Little Secrets
I used to have serious problems with chafing until I switched over to boxer briefs AND started using wipes and powder at the very sign of problems. This strategy worked well on my PCT hike until W...

In GEAR » Underwear and Chafing
November 10, 6:06am

Hiking a Section of the JMT
If you decide that you are only going to hike a section of the JMT then you may want to pick a different section. IMHO the section from the Valley to TM is the worst of the Trail. I would start a...

In Gear Lists » Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
November 08, 5:40am

Leave it at home
If you are careful with your food then your biggest concern will be whether you can get your camera out fast enough to get a picture if you are fortunate enough to see a bear. You are more likely ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 07, 12:46pm

Im a very enthusiastic Maybe
Same deal as last year...... Likely will be out there for work, if so I'm in!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The 4th Annual BPL GGG Weekend Official Sign Up
November 06, 6:50pm

Don't believe your wife!!!
I have hiked high mile days on absolute junk. Did a 20 mile morning on the PCT eating only 2 Stehekin Bakery Cinnamon rolls. I have hiked well over 30 mile days on Oreos, chocolate donuts and/or ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fats, Saturated, Trans, etc. While Hiking
October 28, 7:57pm

Malto's 2011 PCT Video
Ever wondered about the scenery on the PCT? Thinking about thru or section hiking it? Want to relive a past thruhike? After countless hours I finally have finished a 15 minute border to border vi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Malto's 2011 PCT Video
October 28, 7:44pm

PCT Gear List
"My hope is to thru-hike the PCT in 2013 or at least the JMT summer 2012. Some may be thinking I am crazy for putting a gear list together for a trip that far off. My reason is that I wish all...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
October 28, 6:16am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.