BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 931 - 940 of 1451 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: Snakes can't climb trees
"Snakes can't climb trees" I was sitting on a break during a hike in VA. I looked over my shoulder and a copperhead was curled up a ft from my shoulder. It was a toilet paper mom...

In GEAR » Tarps and . . . snakes? Please enlighten the noob
March 30, 5:01pm

No Way!
They would clash with my dirty girl gaiters

In GEAR » Anyone have experience with these trail runners?
March 30, 11:13am

Re: Re: Unconventional PCT hiking method? (nocturnal hiking)
I'm not sure that it has to be as extreme as you describe. There are plenty of hours of relative coolness by starting an hour or two before sunrise, breaking in the heat of the day and hiking ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unconventional PCT hiking method? (nocturnal hiking)
March 29, 1:47pm

Let's try this
I think perhaps this thread started as a challenge toward lighter by all means, which was a "challenge to the stautus quo". The issue is that many of us are no longer concerned by lighte...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 28, 7:42pm

My take
I have seen this debated when two folks decide to do a thru hike. The main reason given for not wanting to share is the consequences if the pair decides to part ways mid way through. Not as much ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 27, 6:42pm

Big Difference
Switched from REI UL to GG Lt4 and it really changed the way I use poles. They are light enough that I can throw both in one hand and use them while eating or drinking. I can also carry them by t...

In GEAR » How important is the weight of trekking poles?
March 27, 6:26pm

Cap 1
I were either cap 1 or equivalent as my base layer year round. If needed I wear a cap 3 in very cold weather but I can't see when I would wear cap2 in either summer or winter.

In GEAR » Cap 1 vs Cap 2
March 25, 7:39pm

Likely never
I can't think of a situation where I would abandon all my gear. I could see leaving all but a days food but my gear is down to insulation and shelter and would almost consider it "emergen...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Under what conditions would you abandon your gear?
March 25, 7:28pm

Bottle Pockets
Very timely thread... Until a week ago I had a Jam that I attached four Outdoor Products bottles bags. I used two for snacks and small stuff and two for 32oz. Gatoraid. I loved this system and...

In GEAR » Where's the best spot to carry water?
March 25, 6:21am

SHR Footwear
This will be a personal preference but I did the route using standard trail runners. If I were to do it again (late season, August) I would also wear trailrunners. Drying will not be a major fact...

In GEAR » shoes (boots?) for the SHR (or similar long off route)?
March 23, 11:19am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.