Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 931 - 940 of 1561 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ...157

Forum » Thread

I have been using the LT4's for the last couple of years. I have had the same issue with the rubber slipping when tightening but as others have said that is easily fixed. As far as three sect...

In GEAR » GG LT4S & Ruta Locura/TiGoat poles. Which are easier to adjust? Other thoughts welcome too.
January 08, 7:04am

I'm In....
I am just glad that I bought a replacement LT4 pole last year. With that I now have an intact set of gear. It funny that this will be easy for me because I get ZERO joy out of even the thought of...

In Philosophy & Technique » No New Gear 2012
January 08, 6:53am

JMT on Steroids
How about the Sierra High Route?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 07, 2:20pm

Even worse
Cows do more damage to the PCT then horse and dogs combined, especially to the water. There is a room over on the site dedicated to dogs on the Trail. There seems to be more folk...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
January 06, 3:59pm

Great advice!
"I remember a coach once saying to keep the face nice and relaxed, smile even, because the body will follow." I was also given that same advise when I was doing by 7th jump. (skydiving...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2012 R2R2R Group - Training Log's
January 05, 5:44am

Re: Re: Re: SEKI-One Week, 75 Miles Or so
"Am I biting off more than I can chew or should I just go over Avalanche to Colby then over Forrester and back?" I haven't done Harrison but it is well documented. You have some re...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI-One Week, 75 Miles Or so
January 04, 7:57pm

Dan, Glad to here that everyone got out alive, sounds like that was hairy. I saw firsthand this year on the PCT in the Sierra what avalanches can do even in forested areas. There were whole swat...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Personal Avy Story
January 04, 4:15pm

Re: Re: US only medical conditions
"US - ADD - Rest of the world - Dumb" Wow, I have seen some stupid things written on the internet then there is the posts in this thread. I was diagnosed as ADD back in the infant da...

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 04, 4:09pm

Current Training Status
Reail bummer to hear some of the training challenges of the group. Hopefully things will pick up with the new year. My recent training has been very mixed. It will be hard to pick up from my t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2012 R2R2R Group - Training Log's
January 03, 8:39am

A good year
About 100. Between the PCT and all my prehike hikes it was a very good year. Now, if 2012 could only be that good.

In Chaff » How many bag nights for 2011?
December 30, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.