BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 931 - 940 of 1447 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ...145

Forum » Thread

My take
I have seen this debated when two folks decide to do a thru hike. The main reason given for not wanting to share is the consequences if the pair decides to part ways mid way through. Not as much ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 27, 6:42pm

Big Difference
Switched from REI UL to GG Lt4 and it really changed the way I use poles. They are light enough that I can throw both in one hand and use them while eating or drinking. I can also carry them by t...

In GEAR » How important is the weight of trekking poles?
March 27, 6:26pm

Cap 1
I were either cap 1 or equivalent as my base layer year round. If needed I wear a cap 3 in very cold weather but I can't see when I would wear cap2 in either summer or winter.

In GEAR » Cap 1 vs Cap 2
March 25, 7:39pm

Likely never
I can't think of a situation where I would abandon all my gear. I could see leaving all but a days food but my gear is down to insulation and shelter and would almost consider it "emergen...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Under what conditions would you abandon your gear?
March 25, 7:28pm

Bottle Pockets
Very timely thread... Until a week ago I had a Jam that I attached four Outdoor Products bottles bags. I used two for snacks and small stuff and two for 32oz. Gatoraid. I loved this system and...

In GEAR » Where's the best spot to carry water?
March 25, 6:21am

SHR Footwear
This will be a personal preference but I did the route using standard trail runners. If I were to do it again (late season, August) I would also wear trailrunners. Drying will not be a major fact...

In GEAR » shoes (boots?) for the SHR (or similar long off route)?
March 23, 11:19am

Re: It's like a car crash...you can't turn away.
"The "experts" on here may only be looking at 5 of 40 headlamps. We got to see all 40 and know why they were good or bad choices." Actually what you will find is that many on...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 23, 8:43am

Re: Re: What does YMMV mean???
Ken, Are you trying to compete with Ahren?

In Gear Lists » 16 lb Dilemma
March 22, 7:28pm

What's the date?
Did I sleep for a few days and wake up on April 1st? Have to say that I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Now back to our regularly scheduled cuben fiber debates. Or was that Libya? ...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 22, 6:46pm

It's light enough when.....
other factors are more important than weight. For some it could be comfort, money or other factors. Case in point..... I'm am down to a 8lb base weight for my PCT thru. The last two items I...

In Philosophy & Technique » How light is light enough?
March 22, 6:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.