BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 931 - 940 of 1416 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: "The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?" No.
He has two wounds, his hip and his pride both will take time to heal. I for one hopes you doesn't abandon the original dream. It would be great if he healed, really trained, modified his plan...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
March 06, 5:02am

Re: America Cubed
"Somebody at the BPL Coe event said he had Cuben listed in his online dating profile under interests! " And how is that working out for him????

In GEAR » MLD - New 2011 Gear
March 05, 5:40am

Re: @Nick
"False. If everyone chips into pay for something that literally everyone takes advantage of, it is not taking from one to another." You mean like the involuntary "chip-in" th...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 05, 5:37am

Chinese Quality
If chinese goods sold by US companies are inferior to US made goods it not because they come from China but rather because the US company speced the products out to meet a price, margin and value t...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 04, 3:10pm

Motivating
Seeing someone push the envelope is incredibly cool and motivates me to get off my lazy butt and find my limits. Thanks for the post Kat. Are all the swiss mountain goats?

In Philosophy & Technique » Climbing Machine
March 03, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
"UL is about the gear. BC is about skills. The first can be fully achieved at home with a credit card, but the latter is awfully difficult to achieve without spending time outdoors." E...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
March 02, 2:48pm

Re: My Giardia Manifesto
Buck, You didn't mention where in the Sierra you picked up the giardia. I would guess that is was south of Kennedy or north of Sonora. Much of your manifesto talks about your experience whic...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
March 02, 8:04am

Best Giardia Article about Sierra
http://www.modbee.com/2010/05/08/1158938/fouled-waters-sierra-lakes-streams.html# Here is an article by the Professor mentioned in the article http://www.sierranaturenotes.com/naturenotes/Der...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
March 01, 12:52pm

No straps for me
I completely changed the way I used poles after the LT4's I use them less because they are so light I can either use both in one hand or carry them. I now use them on downhills and steep up h...

In Philosophy & Technique » Gossamer Gear LT4's ... Strap or no strap? that is the question
March 01, 12:29pm

The future
I still follow Sam's journal everyday but not from a hiking perspective, that is frankly uninteresting. But there is a drama playing out that is interesting. I have read many trail journals o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
March 01, 8:48am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.