Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeffrey McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeffrey McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 931 - 940 of 1048 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Forum » Thread

Re: re: thru hiker quilt
Thanks for all the advice Jamie. I think stuff sacks is a good place to start. Do you know where I could find plans/materials for a synthetic quilt? I think that would be a fun project after mak...

In Make Your Own Gear » thru hiker quilt
May 09, 12:52pm

no rush
I'm not in any real hurry, but it would be nice to be able to use it this summer. I have a 15 degree bag right now and sometimes its just too warm. What kinds of projects would be good to wor...

May 08, 7:22pm

thru hiker quilt
I am interested in acquiring a 3 season quilt. I'm torn between just buying one or giving the thru hiker kit a try. What sewing skills do I need to make the thru hiker quilt? Right now I hav...

May 08, 3:53pm

quest vs. exos
Thanks for the advice. The Golite quest arrived today. I like it, but it may be more room than I need for winter trips. I'm a novice when it comes to winter hiking/camping and will likely ju...

In GEAR » winter pack choice - osprey exos 58?
May 07, 12:28am

capacity
Do you all think it has enough capacity for the types of trips I want to use it for? I think the medium is 58L, but from what I've read Osprey doesn't include the side pockets in that calc...

May 05, 9:55pm

winter pack choice - osprey exos 58?
I need some advice on winter packs. I was trying out the granite gear nimbus meridian, but just didn't like the fit so I need a different pack for winter use. I'm mainly looking for 1-3 d...

May 05, 3:03pm

great comments
I appreciate all the comments/suggestions! I think I'm going to try just stuffing the bag at the bottom of my pack liner and see how that goes. I think it may work well.

In GEAR » Packing your sleeping bag
May 01, 12:12am

Re: Re: Packing your sleeping bag
It fits, but its a bit awkward fitting and makes it difficult to put things in the side pockets. I was considering getting a stuff sack a little shorter and wider, or possibly trying to just put i...

April 30, 6:38pm

Grab it fast
Make sure you grab the item fast too. I was going to order some black diamond gloves, but they were gone before I had the chance to find them somewhere else to ensure that the size would fit me.

In GEAR » Is Geartrade.com okay?
April 30, 6:22pm

Packing your sleeping bag
I'm curious how all of you with sleeping bags pack yours. Do you use a compression sack? Do you just stuff it down to the bottom of your pack? Mine came with a stuff sack which gets it down ...

April 30, 5:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm