BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeffrey McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeffrey McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 931 - 940 of 985 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

Forum » Thread

MLD superlight - full net hood?
I'm about to pull the trigger on a MLD superlight bivy and I need some opinions on the full net hood. If you have the full net hood, are you glad you got it? I'm pretty much sold on it bu...

In GEAR » MLD superlight - full net hood?
April 02, 12:39pm

So a larger tarp
Nick, now you have me thinking about a larger tarp. I've been doing a little research on the GG Spinntwinn and MLD Grace Duo. Do you have any experience with either of these tarps? They look...

In GEAR » tarp info
April 02, 12:58am

good question
Michael, I'd be a little afraid that an air pad would get punctured, but if you were careful and the ground cloth was substantial enough, I think it could work having the pad outside the bivy. ...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad on inside or outside of bivy?
April 01, 7:39pm

Solo trips
The specific use will be solo trips in southern California and the Sierras. 1-5 night trips. Possibly a JMT trip in a couple of years (starting a family right now so that's tricky). I consid...

In GEAR » tarp info
April 01, 1:26am

tarp info
I need some help finding info on tarps. Basically, I want to find all the info I can - materials used, cat vs. flat, etc. I've done some searches but thought you members could also steer me i...

In GEAR » tarp info
March 31, 9:45pm

Take me down to zero
I want to get a clothing system that will take me down to around zero degrees while resting/sitting. What needs to be added to my current gear to accomplish this and do you have recommendations fo...

In GEAR » Take me down to zero
March 31, 1:14am

WTB: BPL Ultralight Noseeum Headnet
I realize they are in stock here at BPL, but I have a problem paying $7 shipping for an item that weighs less than an ounce. Anyone have one they don't use/need?

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Ultralight Noseeum Headnet
March 29, 7:28pm

What size?
I'll be on foot, so balance won't be a huge issue. The trips I'm looking at doing right now are 0-2 night trips. What size pack would you recommend? I'm thinking I might be able ...

In GEAR » Winter gear
March 29, 6:55pm

Winter gear
I'm curious what shelters and backpacks you use in the winter time. I haven't done much hiking/camping in the winter and I'd like to start. Do you use the same light pack as you do du...

In GEAR » Winter gear
March 29, 3:35pm

Wind...
Just to add on to the original question - does anyone know how they each handle wind? Any difference in performance?

In GEAR » Rainbow or Moment?
March 28, 11:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm