Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff McConnell

Showing 931 - 940 of 994 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100

Forum » Thread

Thanks Benjamin
...I have a montbell peak jacket which I like. Not quite as nice as eVent, but nice. It comes in at like 10 oz. though. I was looking for a light pant/jacket combo that I could get down to 10 oz...

In GEAR » I don't understand DriDucks
April 08, 12:25am

Lost in the shuffle
They may have just forgotten. I put a call in late Friday with a question about an order I made that same day. The call was never returned, but the order was shipped Monday. I was hoping to get ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear?
April 07, 6:44pm

Something similar?
Anything similar to Driducks worth trying? Being on the short end of the spectrum (5'5", 150 lbs) I can't really order two sizes down to get a good fit.

In GEAR » I don't understand DriDucks
April 07, 6:35pm

trip plans
This will be my first trip over 50 miles. It will be my first long trip as a lightweight backpacker. I've handled 12 mile days with a 50+ pound pack before (though I was dead tired by the end...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite JMT spots
April 07, 3:04pm

great suggestions
Thanks for all the great spots - keep them coming. Also, what is a good way to plan the trip based on pace? I would like to take around 2.5 weeks to complete the trail.

April 07, 12:22pm

Favorite JMT spots
I'm in the process of planning a JMT trip and was wondering if any of you have favorite spots along the trail, particularly for spending the night. I'm reading trail reports and all that, ...

April 06, 8:43pm

A large tarp it is
Well, I ended up going for the GG SpinnTwinn. I think I'll be happy with it. I'll post a short report once I have a chance to use it. Thanks for all the advice.

In GEAR » tarp info
April 05, 2:16pm

pillow project
I have an old down pillow I use at home that has lost some of its loft. I was thinking of attempting to convert it into a backpacking pillow. This will be my fist MYOG project, so I could use some ...

In Make Your Own Gear » pillow project
April 02, 7:45pm

wrong forum...
wrong forum.

In Multiple Use Gear » pillow project
April 02, 7:36pm

MLD superlight - full net hood?
I'm about to pull the trigger on a MLD superlight bivy and I need some opinions on the full net hood. If you have the full net hood, are you glad you got it? I'm pretty much sold on it bu...

In GEAR » MLD superlight - full net hood?
April 02, 12:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm