Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeffrey McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeffrey McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 931 - 940 of 1031 | Page: 1 ...85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104

Forum » Thread

GG Gorilla w/canister?
Sorry for all the questions. :) Another one. Anyone used the GG Gorilla with a bear canister? My canister use will likely be 20/80. So most the time I won't have one. After some thought I&#...

In GEAR » New pack and bear can
April 26, 1:29pm

Osprey Exos 58 and GG Mariposa plus
After some more research, I think I've narrowed down my choices to these two packs...and possibly the granite gear vapor trail. Anybody have experience with them? Thanks.

April 26, 11:36am

Re: bear can on top, or inside???
I was originally interested in packs that can fit the canister inside. I assume the pack will carry better with the canister inside, but maybe this is not the case? For those that lash them to th...

April 25, 11:07pm

New pack and bear can
Right now I have the Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian. Great pack, but heavy. I'm ready to graduate to a truly ultralight pack and I need suggestions. Half of my trips are in southern California...

April 25, 12:30pm

Re: I've done it.
That's great. I'll have to pick up some of the liners. The injinji's are a little awkward at first, but I've come to like them a lot.

In GEAR » Injinji Tetratsok as a liner?
April 22, 2:06pm

Injinji Tetratsok as a liner?
So I'm a real fan of the Injinji socks. I ALWAYS get blisters on a certain part of my little toe, and I always have to tape it. No longer with these socks. I'm going on a trip soon whe...

In GEAR » Injinji Tetratsok as a liner?
April 22, 12:43pm

WTB: BPL ultralight mosquito headnet
I'll buy it from BPL if it ever comes in stock. So till then, I figured I could see if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL ultralight mosquito headnet
April 22, 1:38am

bag compressed
Frank, do you use a full size mummy pad? Also, do you find that having that thick of a pad in the tigoat bivy compresses your sleeping bag too much?

In GEAR » pad and bivy question
April 21, 7:01pm

doesn't HAVE to be gortex
Hey Bob, I mention gortex because it was recommended by the guide company. I'm going with a friend for a muscular dystrophy charity event and they set the trip up through a company. I...

In GEAR » Gortex gloves suggestions
April 21, 3:37pm

Gortex gloves suggestions
I'm looking for some reasonably priced gortex gloves for when I hike Shasta this June. Anybody have suggestions of some styles to look for? I had a friend suggest OR Arete gloves. Anyone hav...

In GEAR » Gortex gloves suggestions
April 21, 1:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm